PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.8x | FroYo 3.30.651.2 | *Updated 11/1/10*

Hey OMJ, a buddy of mine has a Droid and is running Cyanogen... in his Rom there is a tweak in the browser that let's u change the user agent and run it like IE, this is the only way he and I have seen a particular function on our company website work (to "self notify" for a trip and not have to talk to an evil schesuler). This option (on the website) is in a drop down menu that pops up when u place the mouse over it rather than click on it to drop it. This website has always been a pain in the ass the way it's apparently written but makes it a really good test bed for mobile browsers I guess.

Anyway, any chance u could look in to adding this tweak to the browser?

Thanks buddy!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cloudrider is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Ok after installing this rom on my sons EVO, there is no icon for wifi tethering. Did I miss something? I tried to install the app and it turns off wifi and never will allow devices to connect. I ran sprint hot spot and it did allow devices to connect. Son was worried about having to pay for hot spot. Can someone please enlighten me? Thnaks
Old 11-06-2010, 08:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Scryptik is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudrider View Post
Ok after installing this rom on my sons EVO, there is no icon for wifi tethering. Did I miss something? I tried to install the app and it turns off wifi and never will allow devices to connect. I ran sprint hot spot and it did allow devices to connect. Son was worried about having to pay for hot spot. Can someone please enlighten me? Thnaks
If your using the deodexed omj rom you don't have to worry about being charged sprint does not have the ability to see your using it...my brother in law works there and looked into all of it for me So there is nothing to worry about

Sent from my "tricked out EVO" using tapatalk
Old 11-07-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Hawaii Tom is just getting started

OK, I have an odd dialer issue that I'll throw out to the crowd. I first noticed it when I installed an app that forced me to confirm dialing a number and prevent pocket dialing. Every so often, when a stored local number does not have an area code associated with it, the dialer inserts area code 617 (Massachusetts, I believe). I uninstalled the app, but it is still happening occasionally. Has anyone else seen anything like this? I know in Windows there is a place to tell it what your "home" area code is... is there a similar thing in Android?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
OK, I have an odd dialer issue that I'll throw out to the crowd. I first noticed it when I installed an app that forced me to confirm dialing a number and prevent pocket dialing. Every so often, when a stored local number does not have an area code associated with it, the dialer inserts area code 617 (Massachusetts, I believe). I uninstalled the app, but it is still happening occasionally. Has anyone else seen anything like this? I know in Windows there is a place to tell it what your "home" area code is... is there a similar thing in Android?
I've never seen that and I dont see anywhere to establish a default area code.
Sounds like you didnt get a complete uninstall of that app.
Did you reboot after uninstalling it?
You could re-install it and uninstall it one more time to see if the 2nd uninstall completely removes it.
It it still happens I would wipe cache and dalvik after uninstalling the app.
Hope that helps.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:34 AM
N00b

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work

Just wanted to update my post regarding Calkulin's port of SNQ's Disable Browser Text Reflow mod...

...Appears to be working fine for the most part now. Visited a lot of different areas in the past couple days and the location in the HTC clock widget did update. There were a few instances where it stuck at "Current location" but overall it seems to be fine.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:22 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Hey OMJ, a buddy of mine has a Droid and is running Cyanogen... in his Rom there is a tweak in the browser that let's u change the user agent and run it like IE, this is the only way he and I have seen a particular function on our company website work (to "self notify" for a trip and not have to talk to an evil schesuler). This option (on the website) is in a drop down menu that pops up when u place the mouse over it rather than click on it to drop it. This website has always been a pain in the ass the way it's apparently written but makes it a really good test bed for mobile browsers I guess.

Anyway, any chance u could look in to adding this tweak to the browser?

Thanks buddy!
I've never heard of this.....do u have it on your EVO?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I've never heard of this.....do u have it on your EVO?
No I'm running ur 3.8 ROM... a buddy of mine has it on his Droid with a Cyanogen ROM, it's something Cyanogen builds in and I was wondering if u could maybe look into it figuring it out ... then my phone would do EVERYTHING! LOL
Old 11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

... no sitting around in the CO ("working") = no posts from OMJ! LOL
Old 11-08-2010, 05:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Lol, u stalking me vancer?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development