PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.8x | FroYo 3.30.651.2 | *Updated 11/1/10*

From looking at this, it looks like they are mods to the framework and may be specific to CM but hopefully not!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

ok

In looking at Cyanogen's github here...

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...s_apps_Browser

I went through a bunch of the different folders and found many different places within that had .xml and .java that made reference to the user agent setting, preference, and string so I'm thinking this would be very involved to accomplish unfortunately...

unless, of course if Wysie's mod could be incorporated into ur rom or if someone else out there has a mod to do it

I sent a pm to Wysie to see if his mod would only work with CM but maybe you could pm him as I am just a nobody and you are OMJ of course lol
Old 11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

blckout99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just a quick noob question... I've been rooted, and running custom roms (Mostly OMJ) since the EVO was first rooted, but I literally can't keep up with everything on the scene...

When I do an entire backup with Titanium (User and System Apps), and move to a more updated rom, does restoring my backup (User and System Apps) with Titanium ultimately undo some of the updating the ROM provided ?

Other than Kernel and framework backbone, I feel like I undo new changes for old. Insight ? Thanks guys.

Last edited by blckout99; 11-10-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:39 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
LOL, not at all!... just know that your "PPCGeeking" time is limited to when you are sitting around in the CO ... like i said "working" lol and not when you are at home
lol, yeah I know....just surprised u remembered I work in a CO.....wait, did I even tell u or is there a hidden camera somewhere??? lol

Quote:
From looking at this, it looks like they are mods to the framework and may be specific to CM but hopefully not!
yeah, I saw that too, but I tried the browser.apk anyways.....no dice

Quote:
ok

In looking at Cyanogen's github here...

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...s_apps_Browser

I went through a bunch of the different folders and found many different places within that had .xml and .java that made reference to the user agent setting, preference, and string so I'm thinking this would be very involved to accomplish unfortunately...

unless, of course if Wysie's mod could be incorporated into ur rom or if someone else out there has a mod to do it

I sent a pm to Wysie to see if his mod would only work with CM but maybe you could pm him as I am just a nobody and you are OMJ of course lol

I pm'd him about an hr ago too, hopefully he can help out.....
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckout99 View Post
Just a quick noob question... I've been rooted, and running custom roms (Mostly OMJ) since the EVO was first rooted, but I literally can't keep up with everything on the scene...

When I do an entire backup with Titanium (User and System Apps), and move to a more updated rom, does restoring my backup (User and System Apps) with Titanium ultimately undo some of the updating the ROM provided ?

Other than Kernel and framework backbone, I feel like I undo new changes fo old. Insight ? Thanks guys.
I'm no titanium expert, so I'm not sure.....I usually dont change much to /data so if your apps are up to date, there wouldn't be a change anyways.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckout99 View Post

Other than Kernel and framework backbone, I feel like I undo new changes for old. Insight ? Thanks guys.
I am not a titanium expert either but every single time I have done a full restore on a different rom something always, and I mean ALWAYS goes wrong. Now it could be something I am doing wrong for all in know so I just back up only what I really need like apps with data associated with it and set up the rest from scratch just to play it safe.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
lol, yeah I know....just surprised u remembered I work in a CO.....wait, did I even tell u or is there a hidden camera somewhere??? lol
Lol, yeah u told me a long time ago... remembered b/c my dad worked for ROLM and taught ppl to work on/maintain switches... no camera and no stalking sorry to disappoint! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I pm'd him about an hr ago too, hopefully he can help out.....
Hope so! ... haven't heard back from Wysie but don't even know if he'll answer anyway
Old 11-10-2010, 08:49 PM
steban86

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hello omj, just would like to know how to root my evo, i have software# 3.30.651.2 stock from sprint. just purchaced yesterday.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff

replaced my evo on Mon... my previous one I replaced cause I couldnt get connected to 4g... said connecting to sprint, but never did..

This replacement connected on Mon... and Tues... but after rooting yesterday..
just stays searching...
running OMJ 38x..
why would I lose 4G on another phone after root... Im lost.. no mods done. just rom maybe 1 or 2 programs..
using lastest wimax and radio, PRI... doesnt make sense... I really dont want to unroot and go back to sprint... but I want 4G.. didnt realize I didn't have 4G on my other phone for over 2 months..
I know when I rooted it downgrade my radio and wimax, but everyone has to downgrade at this point,, especially now that there is a new hboot 2.02.. im on hboot .76..

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:49 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Lol, yeah u told me a long time ago... remembered b/c my dad worked for ROLM and taught ppl to work on/maintain switches... no camera and no stalking sorry to disappoint! hehe
ahh yes, now I remember....

Quote:
Hope so! ... haven't heard back from Wysie but don't even know if he'll answer anyway
yeah, we'll see, I checked his profile....last time he logged on @ xda was 10/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by steban86 View Post
hello omj, just would like to know how to root my evo, i have software# 3.30.651.2 stock from sprint. just purchaced yesterday.
try this link...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
replaced my evo on Mon... my previous one I replaced cause I couldnt get connected to 4g... said connecting to sprint, but never did..

This replacement connected on Mon... and Tues... but after rooting yesterday..
just stays searching...
running OMJ 38x..
why would I lose 4G on another phone after root... Im lost.. no mods done. just rom maybe 1 or 2 programs..
using lastest wimax and radio, PRI... doesnt make sense... I really dont want to unroot and go back to sprint... but I want 4G.. didnt realize I didn't have 4G on my other phone for over 2 months..
I know when I rooted it downgrade my radio and wimax, but everyone has to downgrade at this point,, especially now that there is a new hboot 2.02.. im on hboot .76..
hmmm, maybe it has something to do w/ the new 3.30 update.....have u tried a 3.29 based ROM?

u can try my v3.6...

http://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/OMJ/ROMs/
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development