PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.8x | FroYo 3.30.651.2 | *Updated 11/1/10*

THANKS...
with my other phone, before unrooting, I have all, yes all ur roms... haha ur the man...

I did try that and also even the 3.26, 3.29 rom.. but sprint even tryied fixing installing a new rom. but no dice...

I will try this when I get home....

edit:
did ##786# factory reset, stood there for about 20minutes, forgot about it, I was working, on my way out the door, I took out the battery, it reset my profile, prl and stuff... I did 1 more prl and profile update,
a few minutes in my drive, connected to 4G... my 1st phone had better reception... in my house, at work, almost every...
I do have the lastest wimax radio pri from calks..... using ur 3.8x deodexed...

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.

Last edited by mdiaz33685; 11-11-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bigdaddie is becoming a great contributor
I tried KingKlicks BFS 12 kernel on this Rom with terrible results. Anyone else?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
I tried KingKlicks BFS 12 kernel on this Rom with terrible results. Anyone else?

Just an FYI, the best kernel has more to do with your device than the ROM. I always try to give a new kernel a day or three before making final judgement. If KK 12 works great for me, it may/may not do the same for you. It may take flashing multiple kernels to find your best one.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:54 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

one new mod that I like is the "Clear Temp" mod....I compared nandroid backups, one w/o running clear temp & one with......my data.img went from 184mb to 90mb.....and the rom seemed to be more zippy after running clear tem

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
If anyone is interested Calkulin has his mods/fixes updated to the 3.30 build on his download page. He also has a couple of new fixes up.

He ported SNQ's Disable Browser Text Reflow when you pinch-to-zoom. It's quite slick.

Here is a link the a youtube video where you can see the difference between the mod and stock:
YouTube - Pinch to Zoom: HTC Sense UI Browser vs Stock Android Browser

Here's a link to download Calkulin's mods/fixes:
[ Mods ][ 11-3 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [MMS l USB Tether l Reboot Mod] - xda-developers

**EDIT**
The pinch-to-zoom works like a charm. However, there is a side effect. The location in the HTC clock widget doesn't update your current location...instead it always says "Current Location" instead of the city. All other information appears to be correct though...albeit I haven't been running around much today to test.

**EDIT(2)**
Appears to be working fine for the most part now. Visited a lot of different areas in the past couple days and the location in the HTC clock widget did update. There were a few instances where it stuck at "Current location" but overall it seems to be fine.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Anyone got the FOTA notification today? I got one today but canceled it. My phone has been screwy since last night. I guess it has been trying to push the FOTA throughout the night and finally the notification got through around lunch time.

Whatever the FOTA is it seems to be eating up my battery. I left the phone off the charger last night with about 70% battery, when I woke up this AM it had shut down due to low battery.

Any news on an update coming out with new FOTA? I don't know what version it was because I canceled immediately. I didn't want it to mess the phone up...
Old 11-11-2010, 05:36 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Anyone got the FOTA notification today? I got one today but canceled it. My phone has been screwy since last night. I guess it has been trying to push the FOTA throughout the night and finally the notification got through around lunch time.

Whatever the FOTA is it seems to be eating up my battery. I left the phone off the charger last night with about 70% battery, when I woke up this AM it had shut down due to low battery.

Any news on an update coming out with new FOTA? I don't know what version it was because I canceled immediately. I didn't want it to mess the phone up...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...30-update.html

I wouldn't install it....go to menu/settings/system updates/htc software update & uncheck the scheduled check......it will leave ya alone
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just got it. Omj do you know what the changes are and will you be putting out a new rom soon with the update?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
one new mod that I like is the "Clear Temp" mod....I compared nandroid backups, one w/o running clear temp & one with......my data.img went from 184mb to 90mb.....and the rom seemed to be more zippy after running clear tem
I've had quite similar results with the Clear Temp. I typically clear Dalvik/Cache, then run the Clear Temp, and finally do a NAND backup. Huge file size difference, and my phone does seem to run faster after clearing the temp. I especially like this because I still like doing the data.img restore process after flashing a new ROM.

On a different note, I found out something new-to-me the other day reading some XDA forums... There is a second LED on the right side of the earpiece on the Evo. I tried out the app that allows it to work with SMS/MMS messaging and it's pretty cool. Still limited to the three colors (orange/red/green) as the other LED, but they're different shades of those colors. Been using it and it's pretty nifty if you like a separate light to let ya know when you have a text message, versus e-mail/voicemail/missed call. Don't need to be rooted for it, and it's easily uninstalled if you don't care for it.

Here's the link:
[App Project][Update 09/06/10] WiMAX Message Notifier - xda-developers

BTW, OMJ... I'm really liking the X version of your ROM. I also like the fact you keep it as close to stock as possible. I've recently tried a few different ROMs just because I never really did before. Yours is by far the best I've tried and I'm sticking with it. I do go through and customize the heck out of it...but I love that you let us decide whether we do that or not. Not really a fan of the hacked-for-me ROMs out there.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

so whats the steps exactly explain in the above process
Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
I just got it. Omj do you know what the changes are and will you be putting out a new rom soon with the update?

last I read @ xda, it had a new kernel & recovery....that's the extent of what I know....

I need to find more info b4 basing my ROM on it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
I've had quite similar results with the Clear Temp. I typically clear Dalvik/Cache, then run the Clear Temp, and finally do a NAND backup. Huge file size difference, and my phone does seem to run faster after clearing the temp. I especially like this because I still like doing the data.img restore process after flashing a new ROM.

On a different note, I found out something new-to-me the other day reading some XDA forums... There is a second LED on the right side of the earpiece on the Evo. I tried out the app that allows it to work with SMS/MMS messaging and it's pretty cool. Still limited to the three colors (orange/red/green) as the other LED, but they're different shades of those colors. Been using it and it's pretty nifty if you like a separate light to let ya know when you have a text message, versus e-mail/voicemail/missed call. Don't need to be rooted for it, and it's easily uninstalled if you don't care for it.

Here's the link:
[App Project][Update 09/06/10] WiMAX Message Notifier - xda-developers

BTW, OMJ... I'm really liking the X version of your ROM. I also like the fact you keep it as close to stock as possible. I've recently tried a few different ROMs just because I never really did before. Yours is by far the best I've tried and I'm sticking with it. I do go through and customize the heck out of it...but I love that you let us decide whether we do that or not. Not really a fan of the hacked-for-me ROMs out there.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
thanks man! yeah, I use the data.img restore process everytime, it works great, and now the img is much smaller after running clear temp.

yeah I saw that thread when it first came out but didnt really give it a 2nd thought.....but sounds like it might be a good addition, I'll take another look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
so whats the steps exactly explain in the above process
for????

btw...I was working on 3.9 to include the flip clock & battery %, but was getting boot looping, so I'm still workin at it
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development