PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

carlitos is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3.30 update

im sorry for posting this if already been postd, u can delete it o do wat ever u want with it. ok here i go.. i saw a thread i dnt remember where but sayng that old evos would not gonna get the 3.30 update only new model would come with that update but rite now like 5 mins ago i recieve the update to download it. "System Upgrade 3.30.651.3 (6.37 MB)-FOTA update.. so yea i thought we wont gona have it. so whats up with that

Old 11-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Finally
Carrier: Sprint

timdawgdentist is becoming a great contributor
Re: 3.30 update

If you have root do not download. Find a rooted version of the stock rom. Also posts are not limited to 160 characters so feel free to use all the letters on the keyboard.

tim
Old 11-11-2010, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdawgdentist View Post
If you have root do not download. Find a rooted version of the stock rom. Also posts are not limited to 160 characters so feel free to use all the letters on the keyboard.

tim
im rooted already with the update but i notice that all dev. using 3.30.651.2 intead the update that pop out on my phone 3.30.651.3 whats the diff between .2 and .3
Old 11-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Finally

timdawgdentist is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
im rooted already with the update but i notice that all dev. using 3.30.651.2 intead the update that pop out on my phone 3.30.651.3 whats the diff between .2 and .3
I dunno if there is a new update someone here or at xda will rip it apart and make it available for dl. Just be patient it might take a couple days. Also .3 is news to me. If it is new I assure you someone will post it in the upgrade portion of this forum.

tim

Please close thread
Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

the weird thng is that i checkd on htc website n sprint and they dnt have the update available to download.. so its just me gettng the update ???
Old 11-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This looks to be the update to fix the camera software for the older Evos. Someone from Sprint Users saw it in the Playbook.... check here
Old 11-11-2010, 02:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
I was wondering why the file size was so small.. why was the leaked one so much bigger I guess HTC didn't think it was needed.. hmm

Sent From Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 11-11-2010, 10:35 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

yeah, I got the update this morning. But I canceled it. Waiting on the Rooted one. What's crazy is that all the rumors say 2.3 (Gingerbread) is coming on the 14th. Adobe gave an update to Flash Player this week supposidly to make it compatible with 2.3. Now we get this software update this morning. Kida doesnt make sense. If they are going to 2.3 on the 14th, wouldnt they have included this update with the update on the 14th?

Old 11-11-2010, 11:03 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
yeah, I got the update this morning. But I canceled it. Waiting on the Rooted one. What's crazy is that all the rumors say 2.3 (Gingerbread) is coming on the 14th. Adobe gave an update to Flash Player this week supposidly to make it compatible with 2.3. Now we get this software update this morning. Kida doesnt make sense. If they are going to 2.3 on the 14th, wouldnt they have included this update with the update on the 14th?

Just because gingerbread becomes available on the 14th (if that even happens) doesnt mean that itll be available for us then. It was a good bit after froyo was released that we actually got the official update for it and I suspect itll be the same with 2.3.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:15 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Just because gingerbread becomes available on the 14th (if that even happens) doesnt mean that itll be available for us then. It was a good bit after froyo was released that we actually got the official update for it and I suspect itll be the same with 2.3.

I was thinking the samething too. But with the success of the EVO, Google has to realize that along with the Nexus One, it has to be one of the phones to get Gingerbread first.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G