PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3.30 update

Sprint will need to redo the Gingerbread with the bloatware and what ever else they do. Expect that Sprint will close those holes again to stop rooting. Maybe in December will will see Gingerbread Sprint go 2.2 out pretty qiuck.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:39 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
I was wondering why the file size was so small.. why was the leaked one so much bigger I guess HTC didn't think it was needed.. hmm

Sent From Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk
cuz the update only patches the current ROM.....the leaked file was the full ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Sprint will need to redo the Gingerbread with the bloatware and what ever else they do. Expect that Sprint will close those holes again to stop rooting. Maybe in December will will see Gingerbread Sprint go 2.2 out pretty qiuck.

actually Google has to release the source 1st, then HTC will need to do their thing, then Sprint....
Old 11-11-2010, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

So, has anyone let .3 come through? It showed up on my phone this morning but since I am rooted on .2, I did not let is come down.

Surely there is a non-rooted Noob that took the leap. I am curious what the change is.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Finally

timdawgdentist is becoming a great contributor

stock rooted rom posted in upgrade section
New_OTA_Supersonic_3.30.651.3_Odexed & Deodexed _Bone _Stock_11-11-2010 - xda-developers
Old 11-11-2010, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

myriam is just getting started
Unhappy Re: 3.30 update

I'm stock but I didn't get any update. I went to software updates and it says I'm up to date, but mine is still 3.29. What's going on?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

For those of you that did not catch this, if you purchased your EVO prior to November you will not be seeing this update on your phone. .The version you have is the most up to date.

Give some
Old 11-11-2010, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE, Galaxy S3

hyattdriver is becoming a great contributor

So if you have software version 3.29.651.5 your good to go?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo...SNAPPYDRAGON: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yes.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
For those of you that did not catch this, if you purchased your EVO prior to November you will not be seeing this update on your phone. .The version you have is the most up to date.
Not true. I pre-ordered my Evo and picked it up on launch day. I recieved notification around 0100 for an FOTA update to 3.30.651.3.

Perhaps due to the fact I'm using a ROM with 3.30.651.2 though.

In any case, getting or not getting this update is not as cut-and-dry as the date your Evo was purchased.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm running the .2 stock Rom and I got prompted for the update. Ofourse I canceled it. The hardware version of your phone is what truly determines if the update gets pushed to your device. BUT in the cases where people have flashed the leaked "official" .2 Rom, it seems the .3 ota update is being pushed to us as well, regardless of the device's hardware version.

This patch was intended for specific evo's with a specific camera/hardware version. Yet many of us jumped the gun and flashed it with little regard. My advice is to do some research and find out which specific device/hardware version this ota update is intended for before flashing this ota or any custom odex/deodexed rom onto your phone. I'm with many of you as I also flashed a .2 deodexed rom onto my hardware version 0003 evo. I'm not sure if this will have any negative affects on evo's that this patch wasn't intended for. I'm not assuming it will work fine, I'm going to research this and make sure I'm on the Rom I should be on.
Others should do the same. Mabe someone can give 100% confirmation that this patch is compatible with ALL hardware versions. Until then I'm going bactk to stock version 3.29 THEN check for ota updates.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 11-12-2010 at 01:33 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G