View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 04:54 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.8x | FroYo 3.30.651.2 | *Updated 11/1/10*

one new mod that I like is the "Clear Temp" mod....I compared nandroid backups, one w/o running clear temp & one with......my data.img went from 184mb to 90mb.....and the rom seemed to be more zippy after running clear tem

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
If anyone is interested Calkulin has his mods/fixes updated to the 3.30 build on his download page. He also has a couple of new fixes up.

He ported SNQ's Disable Browser Text Reflow when you pinch-to-zoom. It's quite slick.

Here is a link the a youtube video where you can see the difference between the mod and stock:
YouTube - Pinch to Zoom: HTC Sense UI Browser vs Stock Android Browser

Here's a link to download Calkulin's mods/fixes:
[ Mods ][ 11-3 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [MMS l USB Tether l Reboot Mod] - xda-developers

**EDIT**
The pinch-to-zoom works like a charm. However, there is a side effect. The location in the HTC clock widget doesn't update your current location...instead it always says "Current Location" instead of the city. All other information appears to be correct though...albeit I haven't been running around much today to test.

**EDIT(2)**
Appears to be working fine for the most part now. Visited a lot of different areas in the past couple days and the location in the HTC clock widget did update. There were a few instances where it stuck at "Current location" but overall it seems to be fine.