That0neUser
N00b

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.8x | FroYo 3.30.651.2 | *Updated 11/1/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
one new mod that I like is the "Clear Temp" mod....I compared nandroid backups, one w/o running clear temp & one with......my data.img went from 184mb to 90mb.....and the rom seemed to be more zippy after running clear tem
I've had quite similar results with the Clear Temp. I typically clear Dalvik/Cache, then run the Clear Temp, and finally do a NAND backup. Huge file size difference, and my phone does seem to run faster after clearing the temp. I especially like this because I still like doing the data.img restore process after flashing a new ROM.

On a different note, I found out something new-to-me the other day reading some XDA forums... There is a second LED on the right side of the earpiece on the Evo. I tried out the app that allows it to work with SMS/MMS messaging and it's pretty cool. Still limited to the three colors (orange/red/green) as the other LED, but they're different shades of those colors. Been using it and it's pretty nifty if you like a separate light to let ya know when you have a text message, versus e-mail/voicemail/missed call. Don't need to be rooted for it, and it's easily uninstalled if you don't care for it.

Here's the link:
[App Project][Update 09/06/10] WiMAX Message Notifier - xda-developers

BTW, OMJ... I'm really liking the X version of your ROM. I also like the fact you keep it as close to stock as possible. I've recently tried a few different ROMs just because I never really did before. Yours is by far the best I've tried and I'm sticking with it. I do go through and customize the heck out of it...but I love that you let us decide whether we do that or not. Not really a fan of the hacked-for-me ROMs out there.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.