PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aryehz2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.8x | FroYo 3.30.651.2 | *Updated 11/1/10*

Not to nag but does anyone have an answer to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryehz2 View Post
I have not had time to update since OMJ's 3.5 version and for some reason I am having trouble searching in this thread.

Does anyone know if the streaming music issue has been fixed in any of the subsequent builds or if there is a fix that will work even if I reboot? I love the 3.5 version and just want to fix the streaming.

Thanks again,
Aryeh
Old 11-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

geshsoft is a n00b

Wifi tehter works with 4G also. I still have this el weirdo problem where the phone 4G speed now almost reaches 10 Mbps but on my laptop it would not go anywhere beyond 2.8Mbps. Oh well, I don't think it has anything to do with the OMJ's ROM though - it's the best one out there.
Just my 2c...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

anyone ??? what will happen if i run the stock ruu 2.1 or froyo 2.2 will i loose root if i used unrevoked 3.21 and can i root again after running the ruu my phone is in a reboot cycle i can not get rid off was thinking off running the stock ruu to fix it but iam rooted now what can happen need some advise lol
Old 11-04-2010, 10:43 AM
N00b

Scryptik is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
anyone ??? what will happen if i run the stock ruu 2.1 or froyo 2.2 will i loose root if i used unrevoked 3.21 and can i root again after running the ruu my phone is in a reboot cycle i can not get rid off was thinking off running the stock ruu to fix it but iam rooted now what can happen need some advise lol
Just a thought but have you tried restoring a previous backup? If you don't have one download one and put it in the root of your sd card from your pc boot into recovery wipe everything and install the backup

Sent from my "tricked out EVO" using tapatalk
Old 11-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
The wifi tether works but the pre 11 is set under 4 mps becuase pre 9 would get 10 mps and the latest one signal reach is set to 2 feet away afther 3rd feet is will drop ive used it on ps3 w7 lappys and xp and try xbox but doesent let me play online takes like 10 mins to get a game and on ps3 takes like a min

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 11-04-2010, 03:45 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post
The wifi tether works but the pre 11 is set under 4 mps becuase pre 9 would get 10 mps and the latest one signal reach is set to 2 feet away afther 3rd feet is will drop ive used it on ps3 w7 lappys and xp and try xbox but doesent let me play online takes like 10 mins to get a game and on ps3 takes like a min

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

interesting.....where are u getting this info?

have u tried uninstalling pre11 & installing pre9?

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
Old 11-05-2010, 12:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work

If anyone is interested Calkulin has his mods/fixes updated to the 3.30 build on his download page. He also has a couple of new fixes up.

He ported SNQ's Disable Browser Text Reflow when you pinch-to-zoom. It's quite slick.

Here is a link the a youtube video where you can see the difference between the mod and stock:
YouTube - Pinch to Zoom: HTC Sense UI Browser vs Stock Android Browser

Here's a link to download Calkulin's mods/fixes:
[ Mods ][ 11-3 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [MMS l USB Tether l Reboot Mod] - xda-developers

**EDIT**
The pinch-to-zoom works like a charm. However, there is a side effect. The location in the HTC clock widget doesn't update your current location...instead it always says "Current Location" instead of the city. All other information appears to be correct though...albeit I haven't been running around much today to test.

**EDIT(2)**
Appears to be working fine for the most part now. Visited a lot of different areas in the past couple days and the location in the HTC clock widget did update. There were a few instances where it stuck at "Current location" but overall it seems to be fine.

Last edited by That0neUser; 11-07-2010 at 04:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:58 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

thx for the heads up....amikam had already updated a couple of the files for 3.30.....that's what I have in my ROM.....I'll check out the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
If anyone is interested Calkulin has his mods/fixes updated to the 3.30 build on his download page. He also has a couple of new fixes up.

He ported SNQ's Disable Browser Text Reflow when you pinch-to-zoom. It's quite slick.

Here is a link the a youtube video where you can see the difference between the mod and stock:
YouTube - Pinch to Zoom: HTC Sense UI Browser vs Stock Android Browser

Here's a link to download Calkulin's mods/fixes:
[ Mods ][ 11-3 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [MMS l USB Tether l Reboot Mod] - xda-developers

**EDIT**
The pinch-to-zoom works like a charm. However, there is a side effect. The location in the HTC clock widget doesn't update your current location...instead it always says "Current Location" instead of the city. All other information appears to be correct though...albeit I haven't been running around much today to test.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

I applied 3.8 today after a successful root. How do I delete preset scenes in Sense? I have only one custom scene? In the list of HTC Scenes, I have two of each of the preset options.

Personally, I don't find having multiple Scenes all that useful.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:49 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
I applied 3.8 today after a successful root. How do I delete preset scenes in Sense? I have only one custom scene? In the list of HTC Scenes, I have two of each of the preset options.

Personally, I don't find having multiple Scenes all that useful.

Thanks!
there is not duplicate scenes in my ROM....these are the stock HTC scenes, I believe they are together in one file, but I'm not sure which one, it may be part of rosie.apk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot_5.jpg (6.5 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development