PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

ok so complete noob! i put the .zip folder on the root of storage and i go to update it. I select the folder from the sd card and it acts like its going through the update and it "completes" but i get a screen like a safe mode screen.. sorry guys im completely new to android. so what am i doing wrong?

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
ok so complete noob! i put the .zip folder on the root of storage and i go to update it. I select the folder from the sd card and it acts like its going through the update and it "completes" but i get a screen like a safe mode screen.. sorry guys im completely new to android. so what am i doing wrong?
At recovery you should find an option that said Flash zip from sd card that is option that you need to pick instead of update then reboot

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhtcpro2 View Post
Help!
How are you OMG,
I flashed "OMJ's EVO 2.2 FroYo v3.5
Sapphire themed w/ Stock Kernel" today from using the recovery method, but after flashing it my phone is stuck on the "white 4G and sprint animated screen'' and its not going to the main menu.
I then try to reset my phone to its the factory setting by going to the recovery mod but still it gets stuck at the same place...
I need help please...
what can I do to make my phone work ?
For some reason some people are having issues with the themed ROM.
I'd suggest flashing the 3.5 Deodexed base ROM. Once the ROM is loaded try applying the theme separately from here
[Themes/Fixed][Update 9/24][Tested On 3.29 Base] Konikub's Themes with Gallery FC Fix - xda-developers
It *should* flash fine but then again- so should've the themed ROM.
Before you flash the Base factory reset 2X's and wipe Dalvik cache 2X's.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

s4audi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4audi View Post
Im having a little problem. Ive flashed the new rom from the previous rom... so no wipe.. Everything is working fine except the a section of the screen wont let me select whats there. for example, if i get a a new text and go to all messages, i cant select the new text. I dont know why. I calibrated the screen through language & keyboard. But still the same problem.. What could be the issue???
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBecker View Post
Sounds like you got a corrupted download and an incomplete flash. Whenever I download a zip file, I ALWAYS extract it to my PC first to make sure it's good. Try doing that with a fresh download and see if that doesn't fix the issue.

I've done the factory reset and wipe every time and havent had any problems. I know its a pain to reinstall your apps and settings, but sometimes its worth it.
I tried wiping but im still having the same problem..

Any other suggestions?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Any other suggestions?
2.7TT ? 4.2L or 3.0TT?

which version of the ROM are you trying?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Any other suggestions?
You can wipe a bad flash or corrupted file install all day and it wont help.
Start over from the beginning.
Re-download, factory reset 2x's, wipe dalvik 2x's, reflash.
If it's still happening you may be looking at a hardware issue with your screen.
Hope not.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jlip5617 is a n00b

is anybodys market not workin after flashin omj's 2.2 rom v3.5 sapphire? please respond! i've tried rebooting

Last edited by jlip5617; 09-28-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip5617 View Post
is anybodys market not workin after flashin omj's 2.2 rom v3.5 sapphire? please respond! i've tried rebooting
Market is working fine here on the Base ROM with a theme applied. There's nothng in a theme that should mess with the Market.
What issue are you seeing? Try going to Menu, settings, applications, manage applications and find Market. Clear the data then go back to the Market and see if the issue continues.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I got it to work.. it was that i needed a complete whipe first
Old 09-28-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

wannawhat31 is a n00b

my battery life is terrible.... and my wireless tether still wont connect, not on my evo's end. But windows vista says it cannot connect to androidtether. Could it be because pdanet is installed?

Last edited by wannawhat31; 09-28-2010 at 12:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development