PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 12:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
not sure but landscape alone is a pretty good improvement if you ask me.
i could be wrong, but as far as i know so far there is no vga version of landscape yet, and i think theres a wait for an official htc release of 2.5 in landscape since the existing version isn't.
besides 2.5 leo 2.02 hold lots of updated packages, i think that to get the full list if u don't want to download u can check calc's htcpro2 kitchen change log... probably all of them are listed, i'm not sure what have been ported to vga but some don't really require a port and works on any resolution. u can try to cross reference with xda 2.5 thread to the packages that is not depended on resolution.
maybe omj is porting some to vga himself... i know i ported a few of them and im testing right now.
personally i only know how port if it's only depends on an .xml file or a registry edit which is the easy part.

Last edited by amikam; 01-12-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 AM
VIP Member

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
http://www.everythingdiamond.info/om...chen%20v1.7.7z

this does not have Manila 1922 but 1922 dependency packages from the Leo 2.02
sweet.... didnt see it until now.
thanks.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
In other news... could/would anyone be interested and/or able to create a VK package that would make a Diamond ROM Sashimi compliant [SC]?
It's not that difficult, but I don't want to mess it up. I've downloaded all the files necessary and the directions are here (you won't be able to see much if you aren't registered).
Thanks in advance.
Quote:
could you upload/attach all the files needed?
I've always seen sashimi stuff added to the Carrier EXT. You have to add the following to config_operator.txt:
Code:
XML: \WINDOWS\SASHIMIAR.xml
Then put SASHIMIAR.mscr, SASHIMIAR.lnk, and SASHIMIAR.xml in the Carrier folder you are using. The only other thing required is to cook mortscript into the ROM and have the SASHIMI tree set up on internal storage. I've attached an EXT for mortscript, a 'carrier' EXT with the files to add to your carrier folder, and the SASHIMI folder tree that needs to be placed in /Internal Storage. I've modified the SASHIMI script to work with the 6.5.x builds, as the original script had trouble installing cabs to the internal storage with 6.5.x.

Last edited by mwalt2; 01-26-2010 at 01:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:08 AM
VIP Member

for anyone who like 4 row start menu only wants bigger icons on it, i've modified a wvga version of bigger start menu icons from clac kitchen to vga, and it works great.
heres the package:
http://hotfile.com/dl/23850013/0f31d..._Icons.7z.html

Last edited by amikam; 01-12-2010 at 01:24 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
for anyone who like 4 row start menu only wants bigger icons on it, i've modified a wvga version of bigger start menu icons from clac kitchen to vga, and it works great.
heres the package:
http://hotfile.com/dl/23848844/f93a7..._Icons.7z.html
Can you post a screenshot of it? Thanks.

Edit, nevermind. I just copied the files to see. It looks nice. Thanks for posting it. I've attached it to this post so people don't have to wait 30 seconds to download a 2 KB file.

Last edited by mwalt2; 01-12-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added version that has fixed landscape
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
sure... i had to reupload it... so check the updated link cuz i had some issues with landscape that now is fine... i just reverted back, i dont we use start menu in landscape anyways... but ill look into that later... so far portrait works perfect...

Last edited by amikam; 01-12-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 AM
VIP Member

Quote:

Edit, nevermind. I just copied the files to see. It looks nice. Thanks for posting it. I've attached it to this post so people don't have to wait 30 seconds to download a 2 KB file.
sorry... didnt see u posted...
anyways... i hope u used the updated one... cuz the old one had landscape issues.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i could be wrong, but as far as i know so far there is no vga version of landscape yet, and i think theres a wait for an official htc release of 2.5 in landscape since the existing version isn't.
besides 2.5 leo 2.02 hold lots of updated packages, i think that to get the full list if u don't want to download u can check calc's htcpro2 kitchen change log... probably all of them are listed, i'm not sure what have been ported to vga but some don't really require a port and works on any resolution. u can try to cross reference with xda 2.5 thread to the packages that is not depended on resolution.
maybe omj is porting some to vga himself... i know i ported a few of them and im testing right now.
personally i only know how port if it's only depends on an .xml file or a registry edit which is the easy part.
that's right....amarullz said he was gonna wait for an official release to port to VGA, so I'll I've added was the updated 1922 dependent packages, not manila 2.5 1922.

I am not doing any porting. I dont know how, nor do I have the time to figure it out.....if you'd like to share how to port the xml's, that would be cool.

Maybe someone can chime in if any of the 1922 packages require any porting....I know I copied the xml for geoservice from the old to the new to get it to work.

Quote:
I've always seen sashimi stuff added to the Carrier EXT. You have to add the following to config_operator.txt:
Code:
XML: \WINDOWS\SASHIMIAR.xml
Then put SASHIMIAR.mscr, SASHIMIAR.lnk, and SASHIMIAR.xml in the Carrier folder you are using. The only other thing required is to cook mortscript into the ROM and have the SASHIMI tree set up on internal storage. I've attached an EXT for mortscript, a 'carrier' EXT with the files to add to your carrier folder, and the SASHIMI folder tree that needs to be placed in /Internal Storage. I've modified the SASHIMI script to work with the 6.5.x builds, as the original script had trouble installing cabs to the internal storage with 6.5.x.
thx mwalt, I had just posted in my rom thread asking for u to post, and here it is.....thx.

I may need to give this a try.....I've been using UC forever, how it SASHIMI better?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
thx mwalt, I had just posted in my rom thread asking for u to post, and here it is.....thx.

I may need to give this a try.....I've been using UC forever, how it SASHIMI better?
Sashimi doesn't require any changes to config.txt files.
You can put other types of files into the customization- I don't, but I know you can.
When the customization is running, you can have Sashimi pause and request input so that a file/program can be installed or not installed in a specific location.
The individual user can have Sashimi customize their device with email/username/password/login info. It can also be used to complete the Owner Information and just about anything else.
There's probably more. I just find it to be a more "elegant" solution.
SASHIMI is first and foremost an installer. Its main function is to install CAB, .REG., .XML, .EXE, and .MSCR files that can be used when setting up your device. It can be run in Manual Mode, Automated Mode, or in Manual+Auto mode. SASHIMI can also perform backups of your important files and registry entries and allow for easy restore during installation.
@mwalt: I noticed that some mention was made of the EXT & carriers. Does this mean that the EXT is carrier dependent?

Last edited by Trident; 01-12-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I am not doing any porting. I dont know how, nor do I have the time to figure it out.....if you'd like to share how to port the xml's, that would be cool.
basically i look at the old regedits and xml files of each package that is new and compare, it takes lots of time but if u look into carefully u will see that most of them are the same and just need to be changed to the same values as the old ones. in some of the packages u would also need to change the size of some .png's or bmp.
since im going with the whole "give it shot" approach and don't really know what im doing (i'm just trying things out), some work and some have issues. just like it worked for u when u replaced the .xml file.
i kinda taught myself by looking at the old htcframework that was converted to vga a while back by some else on xda. he resized some png's and changed a few values on the .xml files to get everything working on vga.
one thing i did notice in the new packages is that now most of them contain additional png's or bmp's for landscape and of course a longer xml file or extra regedits.
i hope that helps who ever wants to give it a try also. ill try to post any packages that im sure is working fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development