PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
basically i look at the old regedits and xml files of each package that is new and compare, it takes lots of time but if u look into carefully u will see that most of them are the same and just need to be changed to the same values as the old ones. in some of the packages u would also need to change the size of some .png's or bmp.
since im going with the whole "give it shot" approach and don't really know what im doing (i'm just trying things out), some work and some have issues. just like it worked for u when u replaced the .xml file.
i kinda taught myself by looking at the old htcframework that was converted to vga a while back by some else on xda. he resized some png's and changed a few values on the .xml files to get everything working on vga.
one thing i did notice in the new packages is that now most of them contain additional png's or bmp's for landscape and of course a longer xml file or extra regedits.
i hope that helps who ever wants to give it a try also. ill try to post any packages that im sure is working fine.
interesting, this may explain some of the minor issues I'm having.....ie..I did nothing w/ the 1922 htcframework....guess I need to go through all the 1922 pkgs.

thx man!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

have you updated the the registry to fix the 2016 bug in the kitchen, or do we have to go in manually after the flash and edit the registry?

(in 1.6 the issue is still there, have to manually edit the registry)
Old 01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
interesting, this may explain some of the minor issues I'm having.....ie..I did nothing w/ the 1922 htcframework....guess I need to go through all the 1922 pkgs.

thx man!
no prob.
check all the packages that have been converted to vga or even modified on xda 2.5 thread on the 2nd and 3rd post i think... when u look at those packages u can see what was changed like any image file or just an xml or a reg edit.
if the packages wasn't converted or isn't depended on any resolution i think we can probably use it without any modification.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
@mwalt: I noticed that some mention was made of the EXT & carriers. Does this mean that the EXT is carrier dependent?
No, I just have always placed it in my carrier folder (ie Sprint). So if you're using Generic Carrier, just put them in there. You need to add a line to the config_operator.txt in the carrier folder so that it runs the xml on customization. If you don't, it won't start automatically with the second boot. You probably don't have to place those files in the carrier folder (ie it could probably work as a standalone EXT package), but you do need to update the config_operator.txt.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HD 2 :)
Carrier: t-mobile

vista64htc is just getting started

help u tried the latest kitchen here, and no matter which configuration i choose for a 21887 rom, it always has the position of the manila up towards the top, kinda like it was made for the 6.5.3 roms, but i cant find any kind of position option in the kitchen files. anyone else see this with the 21887 roms? like the words calendar, sprint, messages, etc is cut off at the top of the screen...
Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
have you updated the the registry to fix the 2016 bug in the kitchen, or do we have to go in manually after the flash and edit the registry?

(in 1.6 the issue is still there, have to manually edit the registry)
no, it's not in there.....I havent been using it

Quote:
no prob.
check all the packages that have been converted to vga or even modified on xda 2.5 thread on the 2nd and 3rd post i think... when u look at those packages u can see what was changed like any image file or just an xml or a reg edit.
if the packages wasn't converted or isn't depended on any resolution i think we can probably use it without any modification.
yeah, I'm gonna try to go through them tonight
Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista64htc View Post
help u tried the latest kitchen here, and no matter which configuration i choose for a 21887 rom, it always has the position of the manila up towards the top, kinda like it was made for the 6.5.3 roms, but i cant find any kind of position option in the kitchen files. anyone else see this with the 21887 roms? like the words calendar, sprint, messages, etc is cut off at the top of the screen...

this is what happens when rushed, lol

goto OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.7\EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_1920_Tweaks\HTCSense _Tweak_OMJ_MISC\files

delete manila.exe, re-cook, re-flash

This is a modified manila.exe that has the position fix for 6.5.3....I just threw it in there when testing roms, I meant to create a EXT for it.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I wonder if someone can help me out here.
I had someone point out an issue with A/S on my new ROM that I've confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Stranger View Post
Yes I cleared storage. I'm using the latest Titanium rom. Try it out, see if it does the same for you. You don't have to have an Exchange server to test it, just go to the Activesync program, see if you anything on the touchscreen works. I was able to setup the server by srolling down with the hardware button, but I still can't use the touchscreen from the activesync program. See if you can - I'll re-flash if someone else is able to get anything to work there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Are you saying that you run ActiveSync when the phone isn't connected via USB?
I think I see what you're saying. When I open the ActiveSync program manually, there seems to be an issue with the touchscreen responding. But A/S is working normally.
Is this an issue because you have to setup something manually in A/S that can't be done from the server/pc side?
Something very interesting that I found just now. I can use the touchscreen when I am viewing the screen on my pc (using SOTI PocketControllerPro), but not when I physically touch the screen.
I can't imagine that this has anything to do with the way that I made the ROM- but I'll see if I can do some research and check it out.
Basically, the screen doesn't react to physical touch when A/S is running.
I built this with 21887 and the newest packages I could find.
I'll provide a build log if requested.
+++++++++++++++++++
Apparently this is a known issue with A/S being "broken" by the BioTouch SIP.
I'm going to make a build of my ROM without it, but I'd sure love it if any of the dev/gurus who make this stuff would let us know if there is a fix available or in the works. Something permanent- I heard that indagroove suggested installing BioTouch and only activating it using SIP changer so that it didn't interfere. But I'd like to have something more elegant.

Last edited by Trident; 01-13-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
for anyone who like 4 row start menu only wants bigger icons on it, i've modified a wvga version of bigger start menu icons from clac kitchen to vga, and it works great.
heres the package:
http://hotfile.com/dl/23850013/0f31d..._Icons.7z.html

Nice! Thanks.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor

Hey OMJ, just a request, for after you've gone through the packages and everything that you need to do: can you please include the updated version of MyPhone when you put out the next kitchen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development