PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Question HTC KITCHEN RELATED Reply

Anyone still out there? I can't possibly the only chef in here. If I am not, I had some questions that I was hoping perhaps some of the more experienced chefs could handle ☺

# 1: Anyone know where I can get a proper, working kitchen EXT version of FlipIt?

# 2: For some reason, none of my registry tweaks are sticking that I do in manila. I have adjusted the tabs and changed the right SoftKey on the home tab, an labeled it "z Manila Tweak" in the kitchen, but it is being ignored or overwritten by something. Any suggestions? Should I use Agent Ransack and search for the registry key?

# 3: Default Settings for FNGKB. Any way to make it not "click" by default?

# 4: You know how in most versions of Manila/TF3D when you go into landscape the row of icons disappears to save space? Well, this version does that in portrait as well. Any way to make it only do this in landscape, and not in portrait?

# 5: Still having the wake on stylus problem. I normally expect the device to turn on and unlock itself when I remove the stylus, but the OMJ Kitchen here seems to not let me do that. Does anyone know of a fix?

# 6: Can't preset the defaults for settings in Advanced Config and DiamondTweak. I tried grabbing my XML file from a properly configured A.C./D.T. and replacing the default XML file, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Is something else overriding the registry changes?

# 7: Is there a way to not make the battery indicator icon disappear everywhere but the Today Screen. I'd like to know my battery levels more places than just one.

# 8: Default backlight settings: Can the backlight dim and timeout settings be changed VIA the registry?

# 9: Is anyone aware of how I can get the other version of "menu enhancement" that highlights the buttons in GREEN instead of GRAY when you tap them like this version does?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Post DIAMOND OMJ Reply

Hey there, its 2 Bunny again. I have been working in the kitchen, but I have encountered some problems that I cannot quite figure out. Does anyone know how to solve these? Thanks in advance.

# 1: Anyone know where I can get a proper, working kitchen EXT version of FlipIt?

# 2: For some reason, none of my registry tweaks are sticking that I do in manila. I have adjusted the tabs and changed the right SoftKey on the home tab, an labeled it "z Manila Tweak" in the kitchen, but it is being ignored or overwritten by something. Any suggestions? Should I use Agent Ransack and search for the registry key?

# 4: You know how in most versions of Manila/TF3D when you go into landscape the row of icons disappears to save space? Well, this version does that in portrait as well. Any way to make it only do this in landscape, and not in portrait?

# 5: Still having the wake on stylus problem. I normally expect the device to turn on and unlock itself when I remove the stylus, but the OMJ Kitchen here seems to not let me do that. Does anyone know of a fix?

# 6: Can't preset the defaults for settings in Advanced Config and DiamondTweak. I tried grabbing my XML file from a properly configured A.C./D.T. and replacing the default XML file, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Is something else overriding the registry changes?

# 7: Is there a way to not make the battery indicator icon disappear everywhere but the Today Screen. I'd like to know my battery levels more places than just one.

# 8: Default backlight settings: Can the backlight dim and timeout settings be changed VIA the registry?

# 9: Is anyone aware of how I can get the other version of "menu enhancement" that highlights the buttons in GREEN instead of GRAY when you tap them like this version does?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 02-24-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned User

Post OMJ Reply

Hello again. I have encountered some problems that I cannot quite figure out. Does anyone know how to solve these? Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Banned User

Post UPDATE HINS Reply

Hello again. I have encountered some problems that I cannot quite figure out. Does anyone know how to solve these? Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

- 2 Bunn
Old 03-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned User

Post SOMEONE MUST KNOW Reply

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 04-02-2011, 02:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [DISCONTINUED] OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21895 / 235xx

2Bunny

1) Find Kheb at xda. Use it to take a snapshot of your phone without FlipIt. After it's done, install and configure flip it. Then take a snapshot + diff. Then generate an OEM from the diff. It will put all of the files and registry entries that were changed on the internal storage. From these, you can easily create a working EXT.

2) There is probably a provxml overwriting the settings. These are processed during first boot. Find the offending provxml and edit it.

3) Probably a registry settings, though you can use Kheb to find out easily.

4) You have a mod that is giving you the retractable slider in portrait. That is not default behavior, so look into the manila mods you're cooking in.

5) I can't believe you still are talking about this one. Did you ever change the the original CDMA Diamond 6.1 nk.exe? If you did, then ignore the rest. I've explained it to you a few times previously. It is because OMJ's kitchen uses the CDMA Touch Pro 6.5 nk.exe. If you want a fully functioning CDMA diamond, you must use the stock 6.1 nk.exe from your phone. You can find it in any of the CDMA Diamond shipped ROMs. Stylus detection is the only negative to using the TP 6.5 nk.exe. The benefits are getting additional slots for modules for 6.5 SYS.

6) & 7) don't know, sorry

8 ) Yes, use Kheb to do a before and after to find out.

9) You can dump any ROM with HTC menu enhancement and find the images. Alternatively, you can just change the color of the png to whatever you want with photoshop or similar program.

Good luck.

Last edited by mwalt2; 04-02-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned User

Post REPLY TO A REPLY Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
2Bunny

1) Find Kheb at xda. Use it to take a snapshot of your phone without FlipIt. After it's done, install and configure flip it. Then take a snapshot + diff. Then generate an OEM from the diff. It will put all of the files and registry entries that were changed on the internal storage. From these, you can easily create a working EXT.

2) There is probably a provxml overwriting the settings. These are processed during first boot. Find the offending provxml and edit it.

3) Probably a registry settings, though you can use Kheb to find out easily.

4) You have a mod that is giving you the retractable slider in portrait. That is not default behavior, so look into the manila mods you're cooking in.

5) I can't believe you still are talking about this one. Did you ever change the the original CDMA Diamond 6.1 nk.exe? If you did, then ignore the rest. I've explained it to you a few times previously. It is because OMJ's kitchen uses the CDMA Touch Pro 6.5 nk.exe. If you want a fully functioning CDMA diamond, you must use the stock 6.1 nk.exe from your phone. You can find it in any of the CDMA Diamond shipped ROMs. Stylus detection is the only negative to using the TP 6.5 nk.exe. The benefits are getting additional slots for modules for 6.5 SYS.

6) & 7) don't know, sorry

8 ) Yes, use Kheb to do a before and after to find out.

9) You can dump any ROM with HTC menu enhancement and find the images. Alternatively, you can just change the color of the png to whatever you want with photoshop or similar program.

Good luck.
Wow, it sure has been a while. I gave up on the OMJ kitchen a few weeks ago, but some of the questions still apply. Thank you for replying ☺.

# 1: No longer a problem in the new kitchen
# 2: I would use agent ransack to find this, correct?
# 3: I will definitely have a look at "Kheb". I had no idea such software was available.
# 4: No longer a problem in the new kitchen.
# 5: No longer a problem either in the new kitchen
# 6 and 7: I guess I can live with that.
# 8: Made leaps and bounds on this one. I've been looking for the registry setting for this for forever and I did find them and I used agent ransack to (hopefully) correct all the conflicting items, but it always seems to change itself back; hmmmm...
# 9: No longer a problem in the new kitchen.

Thanks a ton.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development