PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

If anyone has a 6.1 with sense 2.1 erv file that was in OMJ kitchen a few releases ago, can you please upload it for me.

Though i have cooked a stable sense 2.1 with 23541, i cannot finding a working cab for bell's media player to watch NHL center ice on the phone with 6.5 or 6.5.x roms . and with hockey season starting up soon again, i would like to get a head start.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher diamonds View Post
If anyone has a 6.1 with sense 2.1 erv file that was in OMJ kitchen a few releases ago, can you please upload it for me.

Though i have cooked a stable sense 2.1 with 23541, i cannot finding a working cab for bell's media player to watch NHL center ice on the phone with 6.5 or 6.5.x roms . and with hockey season starting up soon again, i would like to get a head start.
I may have that. Give me a while to get to my laptop and check. Look at this specific posting...

Nope; I have a 6.5/2.1 erv. But what if you start up the kitchen with that, then start another version of the kitchen using the already open one as a template? I.e., pick 6.1 and then turn on and off the corresponding packages as in the 6.5/2.1 version?

Last edited by O.a.T.; 08-10-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
I may have that. Give me a while to get to my laptop and check. Look at this specific posting...

Nope; I have a 6.5/2.1 erv. But what if you start up the kitchen with that, then start another version of the kitchen using the already open one as a template? I.e., pick 6.1 and then turn on and off the corresponding packages as in the 6.5/2.1 version?
yea tried that way but ended up being unsuccessful, but i can try again
Old 08-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post CAULKIN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher diamonds View Post
yea tried that way but ended up being unsuccessful, but i can try again
I remember working a while back with the OMJ kitchen and 6.1 (because 6.5 really sucked) and I tried to put a 6.1 ROM together in there, and it kinda worked, but it was "mutated". It was good in a sense that WM6.1 is good, but messed up. Its been so long now, but after being directed to the 'Caulkin's Visual VGA kitchen", I know I've never looked back as far as ROMs were concerned. It might help you. A note though on the caulkin, you do need to update some stuff in there, because a few things are a bit outdated by default. It only takes a few minutes and CAB2OEM and you're back in business.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: [DISCONTINUED] OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21895 / 235xx

trying to make a sense 2.1 or even a 2.5 rom with wm 6.1 is alot harder then it looks for new chefs lol. I have been trying all week but the cooked rom wont even load

be nice if we could just convert gsm to cdma as they seem to have alot of 6.1 roms out with sense 2.1 and sense 2.5 (2012 & 2016)
Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher diamonds
trying to make a sense 2.1 or even a 2.5 rom with wm 6.1 is alot harder then it looks for new chefs lol. I have been trying all week but the cooked rom wont even load

be nice if we could just convert gsm to cdma as they seem to have alot of 6.1 roms out with sense 2.1 and sense 2.5 (2012 & 2016)
Never fear, I've got just what you need. Check out my thread for Elite ROM. I need testers to try my brand new one as well, so you can drop off a Personal Message if you're interested.

Believe me, you would NOT want GSM. Its way too expensive. Boost Mobile is the best way to go.

- 2 Bunny
Old 09-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: [DISCONTINUED] OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21895 / 235xx

for sense 2.5 version 2016,

Can i use HTCSense_PeopleMessagingClassic_2.0.1 or do i have to use something else

I am a little behind in the new version of sense coming out, but i am taking little steps before making the big leap
Old 10-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Banned User

Post HELPFUL Reply

I've been cooking ROMs lately in the OMJ kitchen and I was wondering what the best way to fix the bug where the device doesn't wake up and unlock when the stylus is removed. I never had this problem in the Caulkin kitchen, but it might have just been an overlooked EXT File or something.

Also, the fonts seem different, especially noticable in small text situations like "advanced config", but it could be just me.

While we're at it, is there a way for the "Getting Started" thing to not be there so we can free up space?

In addition to those, my dialer screen is being a little funky too:

It wasn't always that broken. It was a little funky before, but here's what I selected to get it to do it like pictured:
"Phone - Rhodium PhoneCanvas 3.40.352.84."
"Phone Call Log - Black"
"Phone Dialer - PhoneCanvas - Black"

Before, it would look the same way, only imagine small font numbers in those boxes. You couldn't scroll through them in any way except the capacitive wheel on the device. Your finger or stylus touches one of those numbers, it would call it right away. No way to scroll though it. I liked it how it looked by defualt in the caulkin kitchen (scrollable, multi option buttons). It used to look like this: xda-developers - View Single Post - [PORTED!][BOUNTY TO BE FULLFULLED]Tachi PhoneCanvas - NOW WORKS ON ALL VGA DEVICES!!!

Thanks in advance ☺.

- 2 Bunny
Old 10-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned User

Thumbs up SALT, GARLIC, AND SEASONING Reply

All right, I've made considerable progress since the last post and have just a few, small, and (hopefully) easier to solve problems.

First off, FlipIt is still causing me grief. The version that is included in the kitchen by default is really crazy and only rotates once. You heard me right: Once. After you have used up your one free rotation to whatever angle you want, you are stuck at that angle until you soft reset, upon which you are forever stuck in portrait. What I ended up doing was using the Kitchen Converter (the same process used to convert CABs to EXTs), but for some reason, it just doesn't play nice with that CAB (works fine for everything else I throw at it) and it refuses to put anything in the "app.dat" folder. Even so, It tried launching it from the "Windows" folder after flashing, but still no dice. Anyone know where I can get a proper EXT for FlipIt?

Next up is FNGKB. In the beginning (back in the days of the old kitchen), I tried this keyboard simply because EzInput was way too large (~12MB, yikes!). FNGKB seemed to come out with more free space, and I learned to enjoy using it. Today I cook FNGKB 2.1 into every ROM I bake, but if at all possible, I would like to know if there is a way to change the default skin and the default sound. I poked around in the EXT file a little bit, but nothing too fruitful came up.

Still having issues with the whole backlight timeout thing. Ideally, I would prefer that it 1) Dim after 1 Minute on Battery, 2) Shut off the device after 3 minutes on Battery, 3) Dim after 5-8 minutes when plugged in, and 4) Stay on indefinitely while plugged in. I looked into this before and it sounds like the registry settings are Different between WM6.1 and WM6.5. Any ideas? ☺

While we're at it, I've noticed that the device still refuses to wake up and unlock when I remove the stylus. Any fixes for that one?

Lastly (but not least), I finally was able to put my own custom XML configuration files into the Kitchen for DiamondTweak and Advanced Config. Unfortunately, I do not see the fruits of my labor upon flashing the firmware. My guess is that the settings are reverted by other programs and registry entries that are processed later on. Would changing the folder to "Z Advanced Config..." and "Z Diamond Tweak" perhaps solve this? Does it process these in alphabetical order, or am I just looking at this completely the wrong way?

That's all my questions for today. If some of them are obvious, I'm still a tad bit new at this. I really want to have a ROM that is ready to use right out of the box without spending a half hour moving shortcuts and changing settings.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help you've given me so far. I would certainly not be where I am now without the tweaks and advice given to me by the community.

- 2 Bunny
Old 12-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned User

Smile SOMETHINGS BREWIN' Reply

Hello again. I was having some questions in the kitchen and I was wondering if anyone would like to answer them ☺

# 1: Anyone know where I can get a proper, working kitchen EXT version of FlipIt?

# 2: For some reason, none of my registry tweaks are sticking that I do in manila. I have adjusted the tabs and changed the right SoftKey on the home tab, an labeled it "z Manila Tweak" in the kitchen, but it is being ignored or overwritten by something. Any suggestions? Should I use Agent Ransack and search for the registry key?

# 3: Default Settings for FNGKB. Any way to make it not "click" by default?

# 4: You know how in most versions of Manila/TF3D when you go into landscape the row of icons disappears to save space? Well, this version does that in portrait as well. Any way to make it only do this in landscape, and not in portrait?

# 5: Still having the wake on stylus problem. I normally expect the device to turn on and unlock itself when I remove the stylus, but the OMJ Kitchen here seems to not let me do that. Does anyone know of a fix?

# 6: Can't preset the defaults for settings in Advanced Config and DiamondTweak. I tried grabbing my XML file from a properly configured A.C./D.T. and replacing the default XML file, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Is something else overriding the registry changes?

# 7: Is there a way to not make the battery indicator icon disappear everywhere but the Today Screen. I'd like to know my battery levels more places than just one.

# 8: Default backlight settings: Can the backlight dim and timeout settings be changed VIA the registry?

# 9: Is anyone aware of how I can get the other version of "menu enhancement" that highlights the buttons in GREEN instead of GRAY when you tap them like this version does?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development