PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:27 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
This is what I was using, just make sure you are using leo contactutilityengine too.. Best dialer by far, actually has the slide down curtain like the original tachi dialer (but it actually works well).. Works Perfectly in 6.5 builds, but unfortunately in 6.5.* builds the icon to make the dialer open and close (to move betweend dialing and call history for example) overlaps onto the contacts button. Not by much, but its a bit noticeable. More than worth it though in my opinion, the dialer works flawlessly, has a smaller memory footprint and is less rough around the edges too.

thx guys, somethings wrong w/ the dialer I grabbed from xda...no talk button and after a call is established, the buttons are mess up.....can u one u upload yours?

thx
Old 01-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
thx guys, somethings wrong w/ the dialer I grabbed from xda...no talk button and after a call is established, the buttons are mess up.....can u one u upload yours?
Did you install via cab or did you cook it in? I couldnt get the cab install to work..

I don't think I edited the EXT package on the first page of that thread

edit: the behavior you mention is what happens when I try a cab install.. but works perfectly when cooked in..

edit2: ughh can't remember if I had to apply a fix for 6.5.*.. here is my EXT package if you can't get it working right..
file:Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_2G_4_2_V2.zip

Last edited by omnicronx; 01-15-2010 at 02:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:00 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Did you install via cab or did you cook it in? I couldnt get the cab install to work..

I don't think I edited the EXT package on the first page of that thread

edit: the behavior you mention is what happens when I try a cab install.. but works perfectly when cooked in..

edit2: ughh can't remember if I had to apply a fix for 6.5.*.. here is my EXT package if you can't get it working right..
file:Attachment 55805
yeah I had it cooked in....thx for uploading....I think I effed up though...I forgot to disable "Phone Dialer - Rhodium PhoneCanvas - White-Blue"...recooking now
Old 01-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
yeah I had it cooked in....thx for uploading....I think I effed up though...I forgot to disable "Phone Dialer - Rhodium PhoneCanvas - White-Blue"...recooking now
The package also includes the call log, so you may want to test without one from your kitchen if you were using one previously. As you've noted, I don't think the skin works on it either.. The one you were using previously was made for an older version of phone canvas.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnsicle View Post
this happened to me when i first used the v1.7 kitchen to make a 21887 rom but i quickly isolated the problem!
when you cook a rom check this section out...
SHARED-Devices:020_Sense_2.5_1920_VGA

Manila_Message_1920_VGA_070110 should be checked as false. check it to true and you should get your "menu" button working on the cooked rom
Thanks! I haven't tried yet but looks like that was the prob. I started with OMJ's clean template so I just compared it to his other and it is checked so I guess he just missed it when he threw the clean template together.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Just stopping in to say thanks to OMJ and the other expert members that have made this thread so great! Just upgraded to the TP2 but didnt want to leave here without saying thanks out loud!

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Just stopping in to say thanks to OMJ and the other expert members that have made this thread so great! Just upgraded to the TP2 but didnt want to leave here without saying thanks out loud!
Man, another one bites the dust! Thanks for your assistance and great support. As for us hunkering types, we wait and hope for the best
Old 01-15-2010, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

hey omj...
do u happen to know which 1922 packages u got working good and which not?
btw seems like sense 2.1 is getting more and more things added to it... it might just become as much of "hiding" wm as sense 2.5.
i think the only thing missing out of it right now is the pictures and music tab's flow thing.

Last edited by amikam; 01-15-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
Help !!!!! Newbie needs help

OK I've cooked up a ROM 6.5.3 28014 Sense 2.5

I've cooked up several ROMs before but I'm having a problem with my sound tab under settings in Manilla every time I tap "Sound & display" it flashes off and brings up the Launching Sense UI screen and seems to restart Manilla. Also in my OMJ 1.6 Kitchen I was having problems with my bluetooth pairing. This is the first time I've had a blue tooth issue. I also haven't been able to get Groove Fish working for several builds now it just hangs when I attempt to do a search. I guess I'll just list all my little issues here not sure if there is a better place to post this infor.
Was running into this as well... don't know why but go into WM Native (Not Sense) and set the ring type and ring tone then the sounds and display (as well as the manila locker) will come up fine.

(I'm guessing OMJ is not experiencing this b/c he probably sets all his ringtones and stuff when he provisions)

Last edited by Vancer; 01-15-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Was running into this as well... don't know why but go into WM Native (Not Sense) and set the ring type and ring tone then the sounds and display (as well as the manila locker) will come up fine.
Weird as I was getting this sometimes too (Manila locker settings page and sound settings page causes manila to crash), when I change a reg value associated with either of the two tabs it seems to fix it.. Don't ask me why (which would explain your solution)..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development