PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:34 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Are the packages you updated included in the 1.6 already or are you referring to some you have not uploaded yet?
no, I havent uploaded yet, but will in the next few days
Old 01-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
open OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.6\EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Carrier - Generic\files\config_operator.txt

modify it like so...

LOCK:Enabled
TSK: \Windows\Flamerise.tsk
CAB: \Windows\Calkulins_Diamond_Tweaks.cab
CAB: \Windows\mycab.cab
XML: \Windows\Start_Menu.xml
LOCKisabled
CFG: \Windows\SDAutoRun.txt

u can copy the cabs really anywhere in the kitchen.....sometimes I put them in OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.6\EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Carrier - Generic\files

or just create an EXT, and dump them in the files folder...ie

OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.6\EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\MyTweaks\files
will do OMJ, thanks again Old Man and have fun on your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
Are you using Sense 2.1? I think my mod will work with any Sense 2.5 as long as HTC messaging is not installed. If you're using Sense 2.1, that explains it, because the manila files are named differently. If that's the case, try the attached manila file. It should load native WM SMS client when you press on an SMS in the messaging tab. It worked back when I was using Manila 2.1! I actually downloaded this file from here a while ago when someone posted it to Calkulin's kitchen thread (sorry, I don't remember specifically who it was). That's how I got the idea to mod Sense 2.5.

If you are using Sense 2.5, can you tell me more about which options related to messaging you have included/unincluded? I tried building a Sense 2.5 ROM without the amarullz mod, and the manila files were named the same as the ones I posted. The only thing I can think of that would lead to differently named manila files is that you're using Sense 2.1
yeah that was it, I got the bright Idea to try 2.1 because I wanted an actual programs tab so that's why it didn't work, I downloaded the new one you attached. I am working on a new custom ROM so this will be an awesome addition to all the other packages I'm adding to OMJ's kitchen.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i've got a question, and i hope someone can actually help me to figure out a way to do this.
anyways...
when we add packages and customize our start menu or direct any ringtone to a different folder or any file using provxml or app.dat, we always get two copies of the files one in the windows folder and the other where ever we set it to be copied to.
now, my question is like this... i've been digging through the wm mobile forums and been trying to add a delete command like in mxip_office_100.provxml that should actually delete things, i've managed to get rid of all the duplicate shortcuts that exists in the windows folder but had zero luck with moving or deleting any other duplicate files like ringtones or files that get copied into any other folders from windows dir.
this is really important since every time that we add a package or create a shortcut, in reality some of them if not most or all just take double space on the device not to mention that in order to get a windows system running fast the windows root dir should ideally have less files.
if we can slove that issue we can actually end up with a fully loaded rom and about 70-80 mb free, not to mention a faster device.
i've spent a few good hours reading threads at xda and official wm website, and couldn't find anything or anyway to get this done proper if anyone has some information please share.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

makavel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah that was it, I got the bright Idea to try 2.1 because I wanted an actual programs tab so that's why it didn't work, I downloaded the new one you attached. I am working on a new custom ROM so this will be an awesome addition to all the other packages I'm adding to OMJ's kitchen.
Great! When you get it set up, let me know if that version of the manila file works for you!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor

can I use total commander to replace the manilla files with your edited ones?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
Yes ...
Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

makavel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
Yep, Total Commander or Resco File Explorer will do the trick. I just don't think the File Explorer built into Windows will.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
open OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.6\EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Carrier - Generic\files\config_operator.txt

modify it like so...

TSK: \Windows\Flamerise.tsk
LOCKisabled

u can copy the cabs really anywhere in the kitchen.....sometimes I put them in OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.6\EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Carrier - Generic\files

or just create an EXT, and dump them in the files folder...ie

OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.6\EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\MyTweaks\files
@orangekid ... this question will help you too i'm sure

@OMJ ... Hey does the TSK have to come before the CABs ?? Or can we install the cab that has the themes in it and then put the TSK line after that so it will set the theme all in the autorun process?

@orangekid ... if this is possible, then it will be totally set up after your phone resets from autorun. (which is what i think you are looking for) ... and if so, this is what your config_operator.txt will look like...

CAB: \Windows\yourcab.cab (as many lines as you want for the cabs you want installed during autorun)
CAB: \Windows\Livven SimpleGloss 192dpi.cab
TSK: \Windows\Livven SimpleGloss Green.tsk (or blue or black)
LOCKisabled

@OMJ ... while i'm at it... what the heck is Start_Menu.xml setting? Also, since I have been using SHASHIMI and not autorun for a while I never found out if SDautorun simply "sees" the internal storage like it is a storage card? In other words, I'm wondering if you can just put an sdconfig.txt in the root of the internal storage just like you do with a storage card and it just sees it the same and runs?
Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/Pro/TP2

kski71 is becoming a great contributor

I am having a prob with google location after updating to 1.6 kitchen. Any help plzz. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
@orangekid ... this question will help you too i'm sure

@OMJ ... Hey does the TSK have to come before the CABs ?? Or can we install the cab that has the themes in it and then put the TSK line after that so it will set the theme all in the autorun process?

@orangekid ... if this is possible, then it will be totally set up after your phone resets from autorun. (which is what i think you are looking for) ... and if so, this is what your config_operator.txt will look like...

CAB: \Windows\yourcab.cab (as many lines as you want for the cabs you want installed during autorun)
CAB: \Windows\Livven SimpleGloss 192dpi.cab
TSK: \Windows\Livven SimpleGloss Green.tsk (or blue or black)
LOCKisabled

@OMJ ... while i'm at it... what the heck is Start_Menu.xml setting? Also, since I have been using SHASHIMI and not autorun for a while I never found out if SDautorun simply "sees" the internal storage like it is a storage card? In other words, I'm wondering if you can just put an sdconfig.txt in the root of the internal storage just like you do with a storage card and it just sees it the same and runs?
that was the exact question I was about to post, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kski71 View Post
I am having a prob with google location after updating to 1.6 kitchen. Any help plzz. Thanks in advance.
works fine for me. what build are you using?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development