PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 08:09 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
check it out, kimi working on a Home mod w/ call history!

Awesome. You get a kitchen out with that and I'll be back to using Sense. I've been using my ROM with MS3.5 for a while... but this would mean that the main thing that has kept me away is fixed!

Old 02-19-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29/10

has anyone tried this keyboard, it does seem quite responsive no noticeable lag
Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
omj justt wondering in ur kitcehn whats the difference between sip-finger keyboard and sip extras - finger board...

thanksss
In the original kitchens, it was important to select only one SIP, so Calkulin arranged the files so that Finger KB could be selected as a second SIP without negatively affecting the custom rom. As far as the actual files themselves, there is no difference.
Well they're not exactly the same. The SIP Extras version cannot be selected as the only/primary SIP in the build because it will not automatically be enabled. The SIP Fingerkeyboard however can be selected as the only/primary SIP and will be enabled as the default keyboard. I havent figured out how Calkulin modified the extra version to do this. I'd like to know because I'd like to have Finger keyboard as primary and then EzInput as the extra.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Well they're not exactly the same. The SIP Extras version cannot be selected as the only/primary SIP in the build because it will not automatically be enabled. The SIP Fingerkeyboard however can be selected as the only/primary SIP and will be enabled as the default keyboard. I havent figured out how Calkulin modified the extra version to do this. I'd like to know because I'd like to have Finger keyboard as primary and then EzInput as the extra.

Yes, of course ... that's why Calk labeled it as an extra. I assumed what was being asked was if the finger keyboards were somehow different, or operated differently ... which they don't. As for setting EZIput as the extra ... my guess is that it "can" be done. Most likely, it has to do with the registry settings associated with the EXT. Both the FKB and EZInput are designated as the default input within the reg settings, while FKB Extra is not.

ps - How are you liking the new Hero?

Last edited by wmdunn; 02-20-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yes, of course ... that's why Calk labeled it as an extra. I assumed what was being asked was if the finger keyboards were somehow different, or operated differently ... which they don't. As for setting EZIput as the extra ... my guess is that it "can" be done. Most likely, it has to do with the registry settings associated with the EXT. Both the FKB and EZInput are designated as the default input within the reg settings, while FKB Extra is not.

ps - How are you liking the new Hero?
Ha! Busted! I'm loving it man! I really feel bad saying it because I liked my Diamond a lot, but Hero... Just... WORKS. No freezing and resetting no lag no registry tweaks to make it optimal, etc., etc... It just works.

I still have my diamond but it's been sitting on the desk at home as a paper weight since the day my Hero came in. I will admint that I miss flashing every other day though. I'll prob do some work on my PMDROM this weekend just to get a flash fix, lol. Thanks for the clarification on the fkb EXT too. I figured that's what you meant but I just figured someone would do like I did a while back and select the extra as the only SIP thinking it would work.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ADR6300
Carrier: Big Red

vernox701 is keeping up the good workvernox701 is keeping up the good work

OMJ started using your kitchen to make a touch pro sense rom. Noticed that my ringtones don't show up in the Sounds & Notification drop down. Do you happen to know what would cause the mxip_HTCApps_HTC Ringtone_2008.provxml not to be written or pushed through.The provxml is located in my oemdrivers folder with my ringtones. Thanx for any reply
Old 02-20-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernox701 View Post
OMJ started using your kitchen to make a touch pro sense rom. Noticed that my ringtones don't show up in the Sounds & Notification drop down. Do you happen to know what would cause the mxip_HTCApps_HTC Ringtone_2008.provxml not to be written or pushed through.The provxml is located in my oemdrivers folder with my ringtones. Thanx for any reply
i didn't really checked out his new kitchen... but i think that he might have erased some ringtone files and maybe modified the provxml u talking about.
the provxml will execute.. for sure... but if it can't find the file it is supposed to copy from windows dir to ringtone dir... it won't do it for that file, and skip to the next one..

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 02-20-2010, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ADR6300
Carrier: Big Red

vernox701 is keeping up the good workvernox701 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernox701 View Post
i didn't really checked out his new kitchen... but i think that he might have erased some ringtone files and maybe modified the provxml u talking about.
the provxml will execute.. for sure... but if it can't find the file it is supposed to copy from windows dir to ringtone dir... it won't do it for that file, and skip to the next one..
NO I used my own oem folder because its a little different from the Diamond its being overwritten or not applied from reg edit or a tweak still trying to hunt it down. just noticed nothing is being written to slot 0 only slot 60 but thanks
Old 02-21-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

okay..just spent a lot of time trying to figure out why SASHIMI wasn't selecting Internal Storage to install the .cab files in the Auto folder. It turns out that for WM 6.5.3 (i guess its also the case for 6.5.x) the Sashimi.mscr file needs to be edited to make sure it has the proper commands to move down and select internal storage.

The file needs to be edited as follows...credit goes to srsaleenstang at winmoexperts.

Quote:

Remove line2360:Repeat(SCListPosition)
line 2361: SendSpecial("Down")
Remove line 2362:EndRepeat replace with
line 2362: SendSpecial("Space")

Remove line2474:Repeat(SCListPosition)
line 2475: SendSpecial("Down")
Remove line2476:EndRepeat replace with
line 2476: SendSpecial("Space")

so both looks like:

SendSpecial("Down")
SendSpecial("Space")
sleep(250)
SendSpecial("space")
sleep(250)
SendSpecial("LeftSoft")

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
here is the regedit from:

OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9\EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_1920_Tweaks\HTCSense _Tweak_ShowSettings_onStartMenu\app.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo]
"HideSettings"=dword:00000000
OMJ, I updated that reg key and made sure that the tweak is selected in the kitchen but every time I cook, the key defaults back to 1 (instead of 0). Any suggestion on where the tweak should be placed in relation to other files? I'm using SYS 23529 (but i've had the same problem with 28014 so I doubt its got anything to do with the sys version).

Also, under Start > Settings > System, the "Clear Storage" icon is missing. I checked the \Windows directory and the file is there (and it works if I click on it) but it's not showing up in the "System."

One last thing..I had been using ezinput 2.1 for a while but the thing just can't keep up with me (many missed letters, spaces, etc.). I cooked in Finger Keyboard as the default SIP but can't figure out how to make XT9 work (specifically when typing an SMS in People_Messaging_Classic). I have the options enabled in the Finger Keyboard settings.

I know its a lot of specific questions but I appreciate the helpp and anyone else feel free to answer....thanks!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development