PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
here is the regedit from:

OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9\EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_1920_Tweaks\HTCSense _Tweak_ShowSettings_onStartMenu\app.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo]
"HideSettings"=dword:00000000
OMJ, I updated that reg key and made sure that the tweak is selected in the kitchen but every time I cook, the key defaults back to 1 (instead of 0). Any suggestion on where the tweak should be placed in relation to other files? I'm using SYS 23529 (but i've had the same problem with 28014 so I doubt its got anything to do with the sys version).

Also, under Start > Settings > System, the "Clear Storage" icon is missing. I checked the \Windows directory and the file is there (and it works if I click on it) but it's not showing up in the "System."

One last thing..I had been using ezinput 2.1 for a while but the thing just can't keep up with me (many missed letters, spaces, etc.). I cooked in Finger Keyboard as the default SIP but can't figure out how to make XT9 work (specifically when typing an SMS in People_Messaging_Classic). I have the options enabled in the Finger Keyboard settings.

I know its a lot of specific questions but I appreciate the helpp and anyone else feel free to answer....thanks!!
You want the tweak to be processed after the original app.reg it is coming from. For simplicity, just put it in the last folder alphabetically/numerically in your kitchen.

I'm not sure on clear storage, but I'd check to see if there is anything in the kitchen re-organizing the start menu. You can also try the EXT I've attached. It works in my kitchen and shows up in settings-system.

I'd just try another SIP. I don't think fingerkeyboard works too well with xt9. I haven't tried for a long time, but I was also unsuccessful. I'd recommend Swype. It's the quickest way I've found to type on my Diamond, but takes a short while getting used to it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ClearStorage_2_3_0_1.zip (52.3 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29/10

Quote:
One last thing..I had been using ezinput 2.1 for a while but the thing just can't keep up with me (many missed letters, spaces, etc.). I cooked in Finger Keyboard as the default SIP but can't figure out how to make XT9 work (specifically when typing an SMS in People_Messaging_Classic). I have the options enabled in the Finger Keyboard settings.

you might want to try this skin for the ezinput 2.1,
S.V.I. changed the images of the keys to shorten the lag/response time very significantly
Old 02-22-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started

Hi I just cooked my first rom, very nice kitchen. I had a couple questions.

1. Are any of the htc albums working with gsensor rotation?
2. If not does anyone have the original diamond album oem?
3. how can I add the oem or apps to the kitchen? thx in advance.

Last edited by boobman; 02-22-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobman View Post
Hi I just cooked my first rom, very nice kitchen. I had a couple questions.

1. Are any of the htc albums working with gsensor rotation?
2. If not does anyone have the original diamond album oem?
3. how can I add the oem or apps to the kitchen? thx in advance.
1. I think some of the older ones did, but now it just makes it fit the best now.
2. Not I.
3. Just copy the OEM (VK style) into: OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9\EXT\Shared\Packages
Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

hey I been out of the game for like 2 weeks (so i feel ancient now).

can someone link me to the most current kitchen so I can download it (looks like there's a 1.9?)
Old 02-22-2010, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post

can someone link me to the most current kitchen so I can download it (looks like there's a 1.9?)
here you go..

http://www.mobileunderground.info/om...chen%20v1.9.7z

if you plan on cooking a 2012 rom, OMJ also posted a localized ext package with new regedits and recmods. replace the old folder in the kitchen with this one. here's the link.

http://www.mobileunderground.info/om...5D%5BLOC%5D.7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post

You want the tweak to be processed after the original app.reg it is coming from. For simplicity, just put it in the last folder alphabetically/numerically in your kitchen.

I'm not sure on clear storage, but I'd check to see if there is anything in the kitchen re-organizing the start menu. You can also try the EXT I've attached. It works in my kitchen and shows up in settings-system.

I'd just try another SIP. I don't think fingerkeyboard works too well with xt9. I haven't tried for a long time, but I was also unsuccessful. I'd recommend Swype. It's the quickest way I've found to type on my Diamond, but takes a short while getting used to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post

you might want to try this skin for the ezinput 2.1,
S.V.I. changed the images of the keys to shorten the lag/response time very significantly
mwalt, the package worked fine...and for the show settings tweak, I just copied the reg file to SASHIMI's auto reg install folder and that works fine too.

meangreen, thanks for the keyboard link. I cooked it in and its definitely able to keep up with me. There's a few graphics bugs here and there but hopefully the public version will be more refined.

thanks guys...i appreciate the help.

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F

Last edited by aeropatel; 02-22-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post

here you go..

http://www.mobileunderground.info/om...chen%20v1.9.7z

if you plan on cooking a 2012 rom, OMJ also posted a localized ext package with new regedits and recmods. replace the old folder in the kitchen with this one. here's the link.

http://www.mobileunderground.info/om...5D%5BLOC%5D.7z

thanks!

No i am going to build a 6.5 ROM, still hate 6.5.x.. what's the newest 6.5 build?

edit: also, is the sense 2.5 on this stable and fully functional (I know the porting was kinda going piecemeal...)
Old 02-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
1. I think some of the older ones did, but now it just makes it fit the best now.
2. Not I.
3. Just copy the OEM (VK style) into: OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9\EXT\Shared\Packages
OEMs go into the OEM folder (OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9\OEM\Diamond\Common). Only EXTs belong in the EXT folder you mentioned
Old 02-22-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
OEMs go into the OEM folder (OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9\OEM\Diamond\Common). Only EXTs belong in the EXT folder you mentioned
thx, now if i could only find the official oem for htcalbum for the diamond!

I tried to extract is from the rom update but it just put a ton of files in the dump folder and i have no idea what to do with them.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
okay..just spent a lot of time trying to figure out why SASHIMI wasn't selecting Internal Storage to install the .cab files in the Auto folder. It turns out that for WM 6.5.3 (i guess its also the case for 6.5.x) the Sashimi.mscr file needs to be edited to make sure it has the proper commands to move down and select internal storage.

The file needs to be edited as follows...credit goes to srsaleenstang at winmoexperts.
When I tried this I get errors...maybe I didn't get it right. Can you upload your edited Sashimi.mscr file?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development