View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 05:52 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
here is the regedit from:

OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9\EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_1920_Tweaks\HTCSense _Tweak_ShowSettings_onStartMenu\app.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo]
"HideSettings"=dword:00000000
OMJ, I updated that reg key and made sure that the tweak is selected in the kitchen but every time I cook, the key defaults back to 1 (instead of 0). Any suggestion on where the tweak should be placed in relation to other files? I'm using SYS 23529 (but i've had the same problem with 28014 so I doubt its got anything to do with the sys version).

Also, under Start > Settings > System, the "Clear Storage" icon is missing. I checked the \Windows directory and the file is there (and it works if I click on it) but it's not showing up in the "System."

One last thing..I had been using ezinput 2.1 for a while but the thing just can't keep up with me (many missed letters, spaces, etc.). I cooked in Finger Keyboard as the default SIP but can't figure out how to make XT9 work (specifically when typing an SMS in People_Messaging_Classic). I have the options enabled in the Finger Keyboard settings.

I know its a lot of specific questions but I appreciate the helpp and anyone else feel free to answer....thanks!!
You want the tweak to be processed after the original app.reg it is coming from. For simplicity, just put it in the last folder alphabetically/numerically in your kitchen.

I'm not sure on clear storage, but I'd check to see if there is anything in the kitchen re-organizing the start menu. You can also try the EXT I've attached. It works in my kitchen and shows up in settings-system.

I'd just try another SIP. I don't think fingerkeyboard works too well with xt9. I haven't tried for a long time, but I was also unsuccessful. I'd recommend Swype. It's the quickest way I've found to type on my Diamond, but takes a short while getting used to it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ClearStorage_2_3_0_1.zip (52.3 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.