PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

oliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to oliverr871
Re: KITCHEN RECIPE Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
I'm in same boat as higher diamonds, how could u get 4 days? I need to try your pegasus v3 rom then. BTW, do you have 6.5.5 ROM that can last for 4 days?
The 6.5.5 ROMs of mine have good battery life as well, please try them out. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile Re: KITCHEN RECIPE Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
6.1 is not superior to 6.5.
Wait, are you trying to imply that 6.5 is better than 6.1?

Anyway, beside our silly Windows Mobile arguments, I have a few kitchen questions of my own for the experienced Chefs on the board to answer:

1. I have a few apps that were converted from their native CAB format into a kitchen folder using the "CAB2OEM" technique, but by default, they like to insert themselves into the root of the start menu (where there is no space) instead of the "programs" folder. Is there any way to customize this, or am I at the mercy of the original author? I also have some apps that do this the other way around as well. I would like to have an Opera Mobile and PIE shortcut in both the start menu and the programs menu, and I don't have too much of a problem going back and fixing it in my own, but the people who download the ROM in the thread might not like to have to constantly have to move stuff around. Some people don't read my release page and it might come across as "I think these apps are more important than all the rest and I wanna shove them at your face", at least it would to me (only I usually try to read all the notes and bugs and stuff) anyway.

2. Windows Live messenger seems to be having issues. "...cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found..." it says in the error box. At first I thought that maybe it just put the shortcut in and not the app, but after checking, the EXE file was still there in the "Windows" folder, so it might be something else. I know that right next to its option in the kitchen was a "Windows Live" button. Did that have to be selected for "Windows Live Messenger" to work?

3. Is there any place to get a file for the "Quietly Brilliant" startup that has the Black Background without the icky "Windows Phone" thing at the end? I've looked for about an hour, and I struggled to find the white one (I had to make my own "welcomehead" PNG file).

Thanks for helping me out with the kitchens, I look forward to releasing updates to my ROM ☺.

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 07-16-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: KITCHEN RECIPE Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Wait, are you trying to imply that 6.5 is better than 6.1?

- 2 Bunny
the only thing that 6.1 has on 6.5 is speed very slightly.

now cook a 6.1 rom with a 6.5 NK and that will be the fast period.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: KITCHEN RECIPE Reply

Quote:
the only thing that 6.1 has on 6.5 is speed very slightly.

now cook a 6.1 rom with a 6.5 NK and that will be the fast period.
Sorry, I'm a bit new to the Kitchen I guess, what's an NK?

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-16-2010, 10:55 PM
VIP Member

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

native kernel

i believe omj is using a patched for the diamond NK which is why the 6.1 is smoking fast
Old 07-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Banned User

Smile HOW COULD SOMEONE LIKE WM6.5 Reply

Quote:
native kernel

i believe omj is using a patched for the diamond NK which is why the 6.1 is smoking fast
I don't know if it is the same, but I actually use the old Caulkin Kitchen for 6.1 ROMs instead of the OMJ one. I once tried making a 6.1 in this kitchen, but it was almost as bad as the 6.5 ROM I churned out.

Anyway, aside from all that, I have a few kitchen questions of my own for the experienced Chefs on the board to answer:

1. I have a few apps that were converted from their native CAB format into a kitchen folder using the "CAB2OEM" technique, but by default, they like to insert themselves into the root of the start menu (where there is no space) instead of the "programs" folder. Is there any way to customize this, or am I at the mercy of the original author? I also have some apps that do this the other way around as well. I would like to have an Opera Mobile and PIE shortcut in both the start menu and the programs menu, and I don't have too much of a problem going back and fixing it in my own, but the people who download the ROM in the thread might not like to have to constantly have to move stuff around. Some people don't read my release page and it might come across as "I think these apps are more important than all the rest and I wanna shove them at your face", at least it would to me (only I usually try to read all the notes and bugs and stuff) anyway.

2. Windows Live messenger seems to be having issues. "...cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found..." it says in the error box. At first I thought that maybe it just put the shortcut in and not the app, but after checking, the EXE file was still there in the "Windows" folder, so it might be something else. I know that right next to its option in the kitchen was a "Windows Live" button. Did that have to be selected for "Windows Live Messenger" to work?

3. Is there any place to get a file for the "Quietly Brilliant" startup that has the Black Background without the icky "Windows Phone" thing at the end? I've looked for about an hour, and I struggled to find the white one (I had to make my own "welcomehead" PNG file).

Thanks for helping me out with the kitchens, I look forward to releasing updates to my ROM ☺.

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-17-2010, 10:31 PM
VIP Member

Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

calks kitchen now a days is way outta date in just about every sense lol.

dont get me wrong its a great kitchen and i use his as my base but lot of apps have been updated, new manillas, new just about everything.

id start with OMJ's kitchen as a base if i were doing a diamond kitchen.

arent the shortcuts in 6.1 changeable somewhere in settings?

and by start menu you are talking about the small start menu that comes up when you tap start right?

as far as the windows live stuff, im not sure as i dont mess with it or include it in my builds but IIRC windows live is usually in the sys and not as a ext.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Banned User

Smile KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
calks kitchen now a days is way outta date in just about every sense lol.
I noticed, LOL! A lot of the stuff is quite old.

Quote:
dont get me wrong its a great kitchen and i use his as my base but lot of apps have been updated, new manillas, new just about everything.
"Manillas", you mean "Manila"?

Quote:

id start with OMJ's kitchen as a base if i were doing a diamond kitchen.
I did that once, and you know what, it almost looked as bad as the WM6.5 ROM I made in that kitchen. I know there were a great deal of things, but my experience made me never want to touch it again for some reason...

Quote:
arent the shortcuts in 6.1 changeable somewhere in settings?

and by start menu you are talking about the small start menu that comes up when you tap start right?
Yes, you can move the shortcuts with the file manager in WM6.1, there might be a spot in the settings, but ultimately, I want it to be preconfigured so that people who download the ROM don't have to monkey around with it for fifteen minutes in the settings and doing customization.

To answer your other question, yes, the start menu that comes up when you tap "start" (I hate above all else in WM6.5 the FAIL start menu in there, and I don't feel like trying to cook something into a ROM to fix it - I'll keep my working WM6.1 ROM).

For the Messenger thing, would you maybe recommend just including Fring? Fring works pretty well, but it doesn't support Skype anymore, and it wasn't designed for VGA (very well - Icons, etc.).

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 07-18-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

some more questions about cooking

1. if i wanted to replace the the icons (start menu short cuts ) would the new icons be placed in Tools\new icons folder

2. after i convert the taskbar cab to exe to put in the kitchen, which file would i put it in
is EXT\shared\ packages correct

3. does the slider bar go in the EXT\shared\ packages as well if i wanted to add another on

4. whats best to convert cabs to exe

Last edited by higher diamonds; 07-18-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:22 PM
VIP Member

icons dont go iin new icons folder.

i have mine all set up in a EXT thats named zzz-icons that puts it being 1 of the last things thats added so it just overwrites all the stock icons.

2. yes

3. yes.

4.you mean cab to EXT?

cab2oem then ext_packages_rebuilder
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development