PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
Hey guys,

I just started using OMJ's kitchen recently because of the lack of updates on Calkulin's kitchen, and am really loving Sense! A few things about it really annoyed me though, so I decided to try and learn how to edit manila files so I could correct them. Here's the results of my work, in case anyone else would like the same things.

There are four separate Manila mods in the attached RAR. They are:
1) Open the threaded SMS conversation in the native WM SMS client instead of the Manila client when you tap on an SMS in the Messaging tab
2) Use the native WM SMS client instead of the Manila client to compose a new SMS when you press an SMS contact on the favorite people tab
3) Open the native WM call history page when you press on the date on the Manila home tab (next to the Alarms info)
4) Open the Manila call history page when you press on the date on the Manila home tab (same as above, just opens in the Manila version rather than the native WM version)

As you can see, these mods mostly just involve opening the native Windows Mobile client for SMS instead of the Manila version because the WM version is faster when you have many text messages. I also just really needed an easy way to access the call history, and that Date button was completely useless in Sense 2.5, so I thought I'd put it to better use.
Great job man, I didnt like the three steps to get to call history so I changed the left soft key from Phone to Call History.
I am with you on the SMS thing getting to native WM SMS client will be so much better. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Hey guys,

I just started using OMJ's kitchen recently because of the lack of updates on Calkulin's kitchen, and am really loving Sense! A few things about it really annoyed me though, so I decided to try and learn how to edit manila files so I could correct them. Here's the results of my work, in case anyone else would like the same things.

1) Open the threaded SMS conversation in the native WM SMS client instead of the Manila client when you tap on an SMS in the Messaging tab
2) Use the native WM SMS client instead of the Manila client to compose a new SMS when you press an SMS contact on the favorite people tab
3) Open the native WM call history page when you press on the date on the Manila home tab (next to the Alarms info)
4) Open the Manila call history page when you press on the date on the Manila home tab (same as above, just opens in the Manila version rather than the native WM version)

As you can see, these mods mostly just involve opening the native Windows Mobile client for SMS instead of the Manila version because the WM version is faster when you have many text messages. I also just really needed an easy way to access the call history, and that Date button was completely useless in Sense 2.5, so I thought I'd put it to better use.

seriously thanks for this, I HATE the manila sms client.

also, can I just replace my manila files in my windows with this now (already flashed ROM0 or do I have to cook these into a ROM from the kitchen?

Last edited by orangekid; 01-05-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor

makavel.. thanks! how do I use them though?
Old 01-05-2010, 01:15 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
replace the comparative manila files in the kitchen with these ones and cook up a sense ROM
Old 01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Diamond

Shnyps is a n00b

Si I've been having trouble using the kitchen. I download and try to extract but my zip program freezes up for a while so i let it sit and when it starts going again it misses extracting certain files, leaving the kitchen useless. I have tried zip genius 6 and quick zip. any ideas anyone? Id be super thankful.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnyps View Post
Si I've been having trouble using the kitchen. I download and try to extract but my zip program freezes up for a while so i let it sit and when it starts going again it misses extracting certain files, leaving the kitchen useless. I have tried zip genius 6 and quick zip. any ideas anyone? Id be super thankful.
use winrar, it works every time for pretty much every compression method.

I've had to download the kitchen like 3 times and it unzips it fine every time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

makavel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
seriously thanks for this, I HATE the manila sms client.

also, can I just replace my manila files in my windows with this now (already flashed ROM0 or do I have to cook these into a ROM from the kitchen?
You're welcome! I'm glad to see this is helping. You can indeed just copy these manila files into your \Windows folder on your device, replacing the existing ones. Just restart your phone (or just restart Sense) That's how I've been installing them. It's a ton easier than cooking another ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
As orangekid said, you can just replace these files in your kitchen, then cook the ROM. You can also use a file manager like Resco Explorer on your device to copy these files into the \Windows folder and overwrite the existing files. Make sure to restart after doing this though. Let me know if you have any trouble!

Last edited by makavel; 01-05-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
that's exactly what I am referring to, so is menu enhancements useless to me? what exactly does it do?

I'm currently cooking a 21887 so when its done creating/flashing just make sure I have classic blue as my theme?

edit: I reread your post about soft key menus, so like it makes the menu opened up in the contacts screen or email screen bigger?
Quote:
ok setting the theme to classic blue didn't do it, any other ideas?
Orangekid,

It you are looking for larger menus (even a bit bigger than classic blue) and different color check this thread...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578468
They work well on 6.5 and 6.5.x ... I'm using the green one now on 21877 and it's pretty slick (at least for now, just got home from out of town and bout to start flashing hehe)

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks Makavel!! I prefer WM Native as well... even asked amarullz if he could get it to do this by tapping the text w/i sense tab and he said no so WOW you did awesome if it's going to do that!

btw... are you applying these to stock sense or are you using amarullz no messaging client in your build?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

@OMJ

Have you recmodded that 28205 yet? And if so, could you throw it up so we could toss it in the kitchen? If you have time while you are "out of the office" hehe
Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Orangekid,

It you are looking for larger menus (even a bit bigger than classic blue) and different color check this thread...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578468
They work well on 6.5 and 6.5.x ... I'm using the green one now on 21877 and it's pretty slick (at least for now, just got home from out of town and bout to start flashing hehe)
looks pretty good, I'll check it out. If I like them do you know where the ext is for them?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development