PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
ok setting the theme to classic blue didn't do it, any other ideas?
Can you post a screenshot of the problem?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Can you post a screenshot of the problem?
I think I messed up something in the VK, after flashing now I can't even get titanium to load, it just hangs after I hit OK then x out of start, sense works fine. I'm going to have to recook the ROM, any ideas on what could cause this?

note: when I get a ROM cooked where I can load titanium, I'll take a screen shot of the menus im talking about.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:29 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

arg!

now no matter what I do titanium isn't working at all, just sense 2.5 anyone know what setting I'm $%^&ing up on?

basically any time i set it to "windows default" on today>items it just freezes and if i soft reset it laods up like I don't have any today items selected (even thought I have windows default selected)

edit: update, still no matter what I do titanium doesn't work. I'm redownloading the kitchen and starting from scratch because at this point I have no idea what I changed that messed it up

Last edited by orangekid; 01-04-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 PM

OK downloaded and extracted the whole kitchen again, then added my EXT packages and it seems to be working now.

that was weird...
Old 01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok new issue that was old issue with MightyROM...My wifes phone got a "ringtone file is unavailable or corrupted" error today.

using newest kitchen...same ROM made for my phone is on her phone and I dont have the issue. We also are using the same ringer and other sounds. Also have the same progs installed.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Ok new issue that was old issue with MightyROM...My wifes phone got a "ringtone file is unavailable or corrupted" error today.

using newest kitchen...same ROM made for my phone is on her phone and I dont have the issue. We also are using the same ringer and other sounds. Also have the same progs installed.
does one of her or your contacts have a ringer saved to it that no longer exists. When you port contacts into your phone after a new flash they retain the ringer settings for each contact.

also, may not really help but did you flash stock before flashing custom with the new ROM on her phone?

Is it literally the exact same NBH or might something have been changed?

lastly, what build are we talking about here?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post

You need to recmod more modules. Look in buildlog.txt in kitchen root. Search for memory. You should have few (ie <10 ideally) modules in slot 0. Make sure all modules in \SHARED\COMMON\browsingie are recmodded.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

makavel is becoming a great contributor

Hey guys,

I just started using OMJ's kitchen recently because of the lack of updates on Calkulin's kitchen, and am really loving Sense! A few things about it really annoyed me though, so I decided to try and learn how to edit manila files so I could correct them. Here's the results of my work, in case anyone else would like the same things.

There are four separate Manila mods in the attached RAR. They are:
1) Open the threaded SMS conversation in the native WM SMS client instead of the Manila client when you tap on an SMS in the Messaging tab
2) Use the native WM SMS client instead of the Manila client to compose a new SMS when you press an SMS contact on the favorite people tab
3) Open the native WM call history page when you press on the date on the Manila home tab (next to the Alarms info)
4) Open the Manila call history page when you press on the date on the Manila home tab (same as above, just opens in the Manila version rather than the native WM version)

As you can see, these mods mostly just involve opening the native Windows Mobile client for SMS instead of the Manila version because the WM version is faster when you have many text messages. I also just really needed an easy way to access the call history, and that Date button was completely useless in Sense 2.5, so I thought I'd put it to better use.

NOTE: These mods will only work for Sense 2.5. In addition, for them to work properly, make sure that you do not have the HTC messaging client installed.
Attached Files
File Type: rar manilamods.rar (19.4 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by makavel; 01-06-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Clarification about which Sense version this works on.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:55 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

fyi--I'll be out of state all week, been busy preparing.....if the plane has wifi, I'll respond to some of the questions.....I'll also be working on a new rom, 28205

Quote:
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
Hey guys,

I just started using OMJ's kitchen recently because of the lack of updates on Calkulin's kitchen, and am really loving Sense! A few things about it really annoyed me though, so I decided to try and learn how to edit manila files so I could correct them. Here's the results of my work, in case anyone else would like the same things.

There are four separate Manila mods in the attached RAR. They are:
1) Open the threaded SMS conversation in the native WM SMS client instead of the Manila client when you tap on an SMS in the Messaging tab
2) Use the native WM SMS client instead of the Manila client to compose a new SMS when you press an SMS contact on the favorite people tab
3) Open the native WM call history page when you press on the date on the Manila home tab (next to the Alarms info)
4) Open the Manila call history page when you press on the date on the Manila home tab (same as above, just opens in the Manila version rather than the native WM version)

As you can see, these mods mostly just involve opening the native Windows Mobile client for SMS instead of the Manila version because the WM version is faster when you have many text messages. I also just really needed an easy way to access the call history, and that Date button was completely useless in Sense 2.5, so I thought I'd put it to better use.

very nice, thanks for sharing! I've been meaning to learn how to edit manila files too.....many u can share your experience.

Last edited by OMJ; 01-05-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
does one of her or your contacts have a ringer saved to it that no longer exists. When you port contacts into your phone after a new flash they retain the ringer settings for each contact.

also, may not really help but did you flash stock before flashing custom with the new ROM on her phone?

Is it literally the exact same NBH or might something have been changed?

lastly, what build are we talking about here?
1. The ringer was Generic 4 for all contacts.
2. I flashed shipped.
3. Exact same ROM
4. 21887

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You need to recmod more modules. Look in buildlog.txt in kitchen root. Search for memory. You should have few (ie <10 ideally) modules in slot 0. Make sure all modules in \SHARED\COMMON\browsingie are recmodded.
There are 9 modules in slot 0. I dont know how to recmod so right now I'm being lazy, I am giong to do a fingers crossed approach that it wont come back...
Until later on today if my Wife yells at me "my phone wont ring" then its time to learn.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development