PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xupremex View Post
Hello everyone and thanks for your contributions. I'm new to the forum and will try the ROM for my HTC Touch Diamond. My question is if after the format, the operator can grab Venezuela (MOVILNET) had previously installed.
Excuse my English. Thanks again.
MikeEX is right. You're phone is GSM and most everything on these forums are for CDMA phones. You can visit xda to learn how to unlock and flash ROMs to your GSM diamond.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=430
Old 07-02-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

oliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to oliverr871
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Solved

Last edited by oliverr871; 07-02-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Question FAN Reply

Hey guys, its good to be back in the kitchen. I'd been going pretty strong there on my old ROM and was very pleased with what I managed to do in the overwhelming looking kitchen. I would now like to step it up a bit, and I have a few questions on working in kitchens:

1: Is there any way to make it have a custom startup logo by default?
2: Is there any way I can have it preinstall some apps not included on the default list (like a certain game or useful app)?
3: What option did I accidentally select/deselect to end up with this strange extra little button in the "add a new task" or "add a new calendar event" screen?

4. Can I get rid of the "Engage Airplane Mode" button in the COMM MANAGER? This is really annoying, and I never had this problem before.

Thanks. I'm glad people are still supporting this thread.

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

oliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

2 Bunny

1) You edit the file in here it is a PNG file: SYS\23557\dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640\COMMON\Redist_ dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640 for whichever SYS you are going to edit.

2) To cook up other files, search and look at the structure of the files already in the kitchen to be cooked. There is usually an "app.dat" file along with the files of the application. Sometimes there is also a registry file labeled "app.reg"

3) Not sure what you are talking about in the pictures.

4) The airplane mode is usually in the COMM Manager that is cooked up. You're gonna have to find another "COMM Manager" CAB or something to replace it in the kitchen.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Post 1234 KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverr871 View Post
2 Bunny

1) You edit the file in here it is a PNG file: SYS\23557\dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640\COMMON\Redist_ dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640 for whichever SYS you are going to edit.

2) To cook up other files, search and look at the structure of the files already in the kitchen to be cooked. There is usually an "app.dat" file along with the files of the application. Sometimes there is also a registry file labeled "app.reg"

3) Not sure what you are talking about in the pictures.

4) The airplane mode is usually in the COMM Manager that is cooked up. You're gonna have to find another "COMM Manager" CAB or something to replace it in the kitchen.
1. Really? On my device, its an animation, so how is this one a PNG? Can PNG be animated somehow?

2. How can this app.dat file be edited?

3. Look to the very right of the screen to the right of the end of the "subject" and "location" bars in the first picture. It looks like a button is starting, but it doesn't do anything.

4. All right - I'll keep you guys posted.

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

FH-CS is a n00b
Re: 1234 KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
1. Really? On my device, its an animation, so how is this one a PNG? Can PNG be animated somehow?

2. How can this app.dat file be edited?

3. Look to the very right of the screen to the right of the end of the "subject" and "location" bars in the first picture. It looks like a button is starting, but it doesn't do anything.

4. All right - I'll keep you guys posted.

- 2 Bunny
1. There's actually two parts. The first is an animation (HTCAnimationStartup.gif) and the second is a static image (welcomehead.192.png) The animation is in: EXT\Shared\Packages\System - HTC Animation 1.3.5.2\files
The static image can be found where oliverr871 mentioned; however, it also appears to be in the Default Flamerize Theme package, and from what I've noticed, the welcomehead.192.png in the flamerize package overwrites the one in the SYS folder.

2. Open notepad, and drag app.dat or app.reg over it.
Alternatively, if you want an easier way to include any programs you might have in CAB form, use the Kitchen converter files in the attachement (found them in another post here, they're not mine). Drag any CAB files over Cab2OEM.exe, then drag the resulting folder over EXT_Packages_rebuilder.exe. Put the new folder somewhere in your EXT folder, select it in the kitchen, and it'll be included in your ROM.

3. I'm not exactly sure, but it looks like the cut off icons you're seeing are the arrows that appear in my 6.5.x rom. All they do is bring up some presets (call, lunch, meet with) and previous entries. I do not know how you would go about fixing/removing the icons though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calendar.jpg (39.5 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kitchen Convertor.zip (22.5 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Banned User

Smile CAULKIN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
1. There's actually two parts. The first is an animation (HTCAnimationStartup.gif) and the second is a static image (welcomehead.192.png) The animation is in: EXT\Shared\Packages\System - HTC Animation 1.3.5.2\files
The static image can be found where oliverr871 mentioned; however, it also appears to be in the Default Flamerize Theme package, and from what I've noticed, the welcomehead.192.png in the flamerize package overwrites the one in the SYS folder.
Where is the location of the FlameRise Package for me to put in a new GIF and PNG file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
2. Open notepad, and drag app.dat or app.reg over it.
Alternatively, if you want an easier way to include any programs you might have in CAB form, use the Kitchen converter files in the attachement (found them in another post here, they're not mine). Drag any CAB files over Cab2OEM.exe, then drag the resulting folder over EXT_Packages_rebuilder.exe. Put the new folder somewhere in your EXT folder, select it in the kitchen, and it'll be included in your ROM.
Sounded promising, but when I dragged the CAB file to CABToOEM, the command prompt came up for about a half second, then disappeared - no new folders or files. Is this maybe an old version? Its not even spelled right...

Quote:
3. I'm not exactly sure, but it looks like the cut off icons you're seeing are the arrows that appear in my 6.5.x rom. All they do is bring up some presets (call, lunch, meet with) and previous entries. I do not know how you would go about fixing/removing the icons though.
Gosh, you've got a point - it does almost look like that. What option did I happen to select to get that? LOL! I guess it'll have to get weeded out as we go on.

If I can get this stuff to work, I am going to possibly seriously consider doing my own ROM release and thread - how fun! Thanks for all your help too, oliver.

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: CAULKIN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Where is the location of the FlameRise Package for me to put in a new GIF and PNG file?

Sounded promising, but when I dragged the CAB file to CABToOEM, the command prompt came up for about a half second, then disappeared - no new folders or files. Is this maybe an old version? Its not even spelled right...

- 2 Bunny
Flamerise package: EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Tweaks - Default Flamerise Theme

CabtoOEM- you have to run it in a Command Prompt with the cab in the same folder as the CabtoOEM file. then put CABtoOEM opera.cab and it will extra the files out of there into whatever folder the CABtoOEM file is
Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Banned User

Talking CAB Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverr871 View Post
Flamerise package: EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Tweaks - Default Flamerise Theme

CabtoOEM- you have to run it in a Command Prompt with the cab in the same folder as the CabtoOEM file. then put CABtoOEM opera.cab and it will extra the files out of there into whatever folder the CABtoOEM file is
All right. Moving right along, once again. This time, I got the converter thing to work. I found out that it actually had been working all along, it was just that it was putting the folder on the desktop (where I was dragging the CAB file from). After I actually found the file, the process went without a hitch, and I didn't have to do any of that extra stuff you were talking about. Of course, after I had done the CAB2OEM thing, I did the "Ext Packages Rebuilder", and placed the resulting folder into "Ext/Diamond/6.1/Packages" and I am happy to say that I spotted it on the list - hurray! This whole kitchen thing is becoming a bit less overwhelming now.

All at the same time, an update on the startup logo thing. I looked in the folder you told me about, but I didn't spot that particular "tweak". I looked in some of the other "shared", "common", and device specific folders and didn't spot it there either. Any ideas?

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Banned User

Thumbs up COOKED Reply

Oh... Sorry to double post, but I've got it all worked out! Hurrah! I still didn't find this mysterious "Flamerise" package you've been talking about, but since I didn't spot that theme as available on the device to begin with, I assume it never existed (the theme "HTC Black" is on the device as well as the kitchen, where I ended up replacing the files).

I look forward to testing this tomorrow, and if it looks good, I'll upload it for the entire PPC Member base to try.
Thanks all those people in this thread who helped me out with working in this kitchen and with ROMs that have helped me get this far.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development