PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Bad news... my EVO may be delayed. Might have to wait until August.
My rep is working on getting an alternative, but I'm not optimistic.
What happened?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
What happened?
Sprint changed the way they apply discounts to plans at some point in the past six months. My upgrade eligibility is now August because the company I have my discount through changed THEIR plans. My rep is looking for a way around it... possibly changing company discounts, possibly adding a line. I've already got 7 (plus Airave) lines on two different plans.
Unfortunately, buying one without discount isn't an option for me right now.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Sprint changed the way they apply discounts to plans at some point in the past six months. My upgrade eligibility is now August because the company I have my discount through changed THEIR plans. My rep is looking for a way around it... possibly changing company discounts, possibly adding a line. I've already got 7 (plus Airave) lines on two different plans.
Unfortunately, buying one without discount isn't an option for me right now.
Sorry to hear that, Bud ... with seven lines, you'd think Sprint would find a way to keep you a happy camper. Hope it works out.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

Hit the wall now. I downloaded the kitchen from the first post, and the 23569 package that OMJ posted. When I cooked a 23557 rom, it worked OK on my diamond, I didn't test too much detail, but it will be recognized by PC (by MS ActiveSync on pc) and all soft buttons are there. Then I cooked a 23569 rom using OMJ's erv, and after flash, the phone won't be picked up by the ActiveSync, and some soft buttons are missing at Phone screen, and at start menu screen. I compared the build log, and found very little difference. Do you guys have any idea what do I miss here?
TIA
Old 06-11-2010, 10:43 PM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Since it looks like I'm going to have to keep the Diamond for a few more months...
I'm still having trouble getting the camera & calculator to work on my 21904 Titanium ROM. I've tried some of the other cooks' ROMs and they have it working, some with 21905. They just aren't what I want.
Can someone who has made one of those ROMs or anyone who has successfully made a 219xx based ROM share their .erv file file with me?
Greatly appreciated. I must be missing something.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Since it looks like I'm going to have to keep the Diamond for a few more months...
I'm still having trouble getting the camera & calculator to work on my 21904 Titanium ROM. I've tried some of the other cooks' ROMs and they have it working, some with 21905. They just aren't what I want.
Can someone who has made one of those ROMs or anyone who has successfully made a 219xx based ROM share their .erv file file with me?
Greatly appreciated. I must be missing something.

Looked for my old titanium .erv, which had camera and calculator working at one time, but guess I got rid of it. Have you tried starting with one of OMJ's sense roms and just removing the sense packages? After ensuring the camera and calculator work, you can incrementally remove other items till you get where you want. My recollection is I got down to a sub 80mb rom that way. Then when I installed SPB MS on top I was still at ~120mb free. If you are intending to use MS, I would also suggest you look up Vostrodamus on XDA; he has a very large number of widgets and a nice widget manager. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:59 PM
The Source of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
Looked for my old titanium .erv, which had camera and calculator working at one time, but guess I got rid of it. Have you tried starting with one of OMJ's sense roms and just removing the sense packages? After ensuring the camera and calculator work, you can incrementally remove other items till you get where you want. My recollection is I got down to a sub 80mb rom that way. Then when I installed SPB MS on top I was still at ~120mb free. If you are intending to use MS, I would also suggest you look up Vostrodamus on XDA; he has a very large number of widgets and a nice widget manager. Good luck.
I just tried the process of elimination route, but still got problems. I'm going to flash one totally stock, with the 21904SYS being the only change and see if that has any effect.
To be honest, I'm pretty happy with the way SpbMS3.5.5 works stock.
===========================
There is something in those Sense files that is needed for the camera & calculator. I just made/flashed six ROMs. When made with Sense, they work fine. When I take out all Sense files, no joy. Just the required Sense files (leave optionals), no joy. Leave optionals and anything that looks like a Camera/photo/calculator file... no joy.
NRGZ28 has that stuff working, but his Titanium ROM messes up with messaging (SMS & email). No joy.

Not sure where to go from here.

Last edited by Trident; 06-12-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

I found a lot chefs left the table, and not a thread is maintained to support diamond chef anymore, I mean new diamond chef, noob, inexperienced.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:07 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Honestly if I had a PC that I could build ROMs I would do it again but something don't wanna work with Win 7 x64.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Honestly if I had a PC that I could build ROMs I would do it again but something don't wanna work with Win 7 x64.
I make my ROMs witih Win7 x64 and everything works fine with my kitchen. What problems are you having with your camera? mHub is needed for the camera to work, so make sure you are including that. If you attach your build log, I can look and see if anythinig obvious is missing. I use 1-Calc Lite Calculator since it has more features, so I don't know what HTC calculator's depend on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development