PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Here's an .erv file that will work in Calkulin's kitchen. It's a 21055 (6.1) manila 2.1, with the basics. You can add to it your preferred ext's.
Thanks so much man.

I'll give that a spin and let you know how it goes.

- 2 Bunny
Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Not sure what you're talking about ... your post has nothing to do with how to place a new system in the kitchen. With that said, I don't place "myphone" in the rom ... I add it afterward so that if it needs to be updated, the original file won't still be in the rom. I do the same thing with CHT Editor, and I have been using Amikam's version which he posted as while back. And it responds the same way with blank parts if you edit more than once.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean OMJ's latest rom. He puts the microsoft Myphone in the rom.

I just flashed with one of my own cooking, and found the pc won't recognize the device from activesync, so I can't flash it again. Of course I missed something else, so the soft buttons are all messed up. I was quite panic about that and searched for bringing up the bootloader. After bringup the bootloader, the RUU was able to pick that up and flashed back to OMJ's ROM.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean OMJ's latest rom. He puts the microsoft Myphone in the rom.

I just flashed with one of my own cooking, and found the pc won't recognize the device from activesync, so I can't flash it again. Of course I missed something else, so the soft buttons are all messed up. I was quite panic about that and searched for bringing up the bootloader. After bringup the bootloader, the RUU was able to pick that up and flashed back to OMJ's ROM.
No problem, Bud ... glad you were able to figure out how to get into bootloader mode.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC EVO

amelcher is becoming a great contributor

Ok my wife has a Diamond and I have been "updating" it periodically. OMJ thanks for keeping her Diamond alive well past the expiration date. I have two issues that I can't seem to figure out:

1. the world clock is set to mountain time and it won't seem to change even when I enable location settings.

2. after a few days, her Leo dialer from the kitchen slides down and now she can't use the slider to answer calls anymore, what can I do to fix both of these?

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me out here... =)
Old 05-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Smile THIRD TIME SUCCESS Reply

Quote:
Here's an .erv file that will work in Calkulin's kitchen. It's a 21055 (6.1) manila 2.1, with the basics. You can add to it your preferred ext's.
Thanks man. I guess third time really is the charm when it comes to these, because my first two were a little bit odd: They didn't have the four rows in programs or TouchFlo 3D. I don't know what I did differently that third time, but things are working fantastic now. 84 MB free to start with using a nice lineup of starting programs, but none of the keyboards that come with that kitchen measured up to my standards. I like the EZInput 2.1 Series, but it comes with the WVGA version, which is cut off the display in landscape mode, so it just comes with the stock keyboards to be added on to.

Anyway, the one thing left to fix is my little manila task manager. Is there a CAB for that?

We've made it this far though! Thanks for all your help so far.

- 2 Bunny
Old 05-24-2010, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: THIRD TIME SUCCESS Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Thanks man. I guess third time really is the charm when it comes to these, because my first two were a little bit odd: They didn't have the four rows in programs or TouchFlo 3D. I don't know what I did differently that third time, but things are working fantastic now. 84 MB free to start with using a nice lineup of starting programs, but none of the keyboards that come with that kitchen measured up to my standards. I like the EZInput 2.1 Series, but it comes with the WVGA version, which is cut off the display in landscape mode, so it just comes with the stock keyboards to be added on to.

Anyway, the one thing left to fix is my little manila task manager. Is there a CAB for that?

We've made it this far though! Thanks for all your help so far.

- 2 Bunny
On the task manager, the selection is under Diamond Device Packages ... the 5th selection. As for the keyboard, I use Finger KB, so I'm not sure ... did you try Nikoan89 Compact (EZ Input 2.1)? Maybe that will work for you. Lastly, need to thank Ken for allowing us to thread jack! Glad it's working for you.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I've tried everything I could think of, but I still can't get the camera or calculator (both HTC OEM) to work in my ROM. I've taken the files from older kitchens, from other ROMs and nothing.
I keep getting the error message that it's not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components can't be found.
Any help. Please?
Is no one else seeing this on WM6.5 ROMs?
sorry about all your troubles, I would just wait 11 days & buy the EVO...lol

have u tried flashing my latest 6.5 ROM (just 4 testing)? you may want to start from scratch, download my latest kitchen, cook, test, tweak, cook, test, repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelcher View Post
Ok my wife has a Diamond and I have been "updating" it periodically. OMJ thanks for keeping her Diamond alive well past the expiration date. I have two issues that I can't seem to figure out:

1. the world clock is set to mountain time and it won't seem to change even when I enable location settings.

2. after a few days, her Leo dialer from the kitchen slides down and now she can't use the slider to answer calls anymore, what can I do to fix both of these?

this really belongs in my ROM thread....the process responsible for correct phonepad alignment is phcanvga.exe. you can open taskmanager, then menu, view processes to make sure it's running. If it's not, try rebooting. it may be a bad flash, as I never see this issue.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelcher View Post

1) Try this to correct your local time, click start > settings > clock & alarms, then set your time zone, and click yes when asked to save changes.

2) See OMJ's reply for your phcanvga.exe issue.

Hope this helps...
Best to all,
R
Old 05-24-2010, 11:56 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
sorry about all your troubles, I would just wait 11 days & buy the EVO...lol

have u tried flashing my latest 6.5 ROM (just 4 testing)? you may want to start from scratch, download my latest kitchen, cook, test, tweak, cook, test, repeat
Oh, I'm gettin' the EVO. I'm going to be out of town when it's released, but I'm hoping it's waiting for me when I get back.
Just sort of a matter of pride... I want this last ROM to be working right.
I'm using your latest kitchen. And that's kind of what I did today- I started with one of your builds in the kitchen and started changing stuff. I haven't flashed it yet, but we'll see what happens.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Banned User

Smile Re: THIRD TIME SUCCESS Reply

Quote:
On the task manager, the selection is under Diamond Device Packages ... the 5th selection. /QUOTE]

Cool. Can I just do a full Sprite backup, flash with that in there, and restore?

QUOTE=wmdunn;1772047] As for the keyboard, I use Finger KB, so I'm not sure ... did you try Nikoan89 Compact (EZ Input 2.1)? Maybe that will work for you. Lastly, need to thank Ken for allowing us to thread jack! Glad it's working for you.
Yep, I just did like I always do - manual installation of EZInput 2.1.
Yeah, LOL, I guess we did hijack the thread a bit. Good thing we've just about got this fixed.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development