PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile ANIMATION Reply

At last, after hours of searching, I just downloaded some trial software and created my own.

Chefs or users here can download them if they would like: (This is the GIF - it does NOT loop, so if you want to see it animate, I suggest you go into "view single post" mode)

Here's the WelcomeHead PNG file:

(You will probably need to rename them)

Thanks! This is a PPCGeeks Exclusive!

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-30-2010, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Thanks OMJ!!!
Wait for the update
Old 07-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Smile WELCOME Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
Thanks OMJ!!!
Wait for the update
No Problem! They're there if you want them.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-06-2010, 05:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Hello, im missing like 50% of my calls.... how do i change the amount of times my phone checks the towers for calls?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

FH-CS is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobman View Post
Hello, im missing like 50% of my calls.... how do i change the amount of times my phone checks the towers for calls?
No Guarantees this will solve your problem, but you're welcome to try. Access EPST (##778#, or find the .exe in \Windows), choose edit, enter your MSL, select View info, modem settings, and change the value of Slot Cycle Index. 0 = 1.28 seconds, 1 = 2.56 sec, 2 = 5.12 sec (Default) and so on. Lowering the SCI is supposed to have an impact on battery life, especially if you're in a low signal area, but if it works, I'd say it's worth it.

The EPST package that comes with OMJ's kitchen seems to have an issue saving settings (at least for my phone it does). Attached is the one I use in the off chance you find your's doing the same. Place it in OEM\Diamond\0409\ and move the other EPST folder somewhere else (you can't unselect the original in the kitchen, you have to remove the folder). If you don't want to recook a ROM just for EPST, try dropping the files in \Windows.
Attached Files
File Type: zip System - EPST 4.54.0.0.zip (354.7 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned User

Smile TWEAK Reply

I hate to stray away from the fascinating topic being discussed above, but I have another kitchen related question.

Is it possible to tweak settings from within the kitchen? For instance, if I wanted to change the backlight and auto power off times (which are set at unacceptable values, by default), is there any practical way of adjusting these? How about settings in DiamondTweak or Advanced Config?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue

boobman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
No Guarantees this will solve your problem, but you're welcome to try. Access EPST (##778#, or find the .exe in \Windows), choose edit, enter your MSL, select View info, modem settings, and change the value of Slot Cycle Index. 0 = 1.28 seconds, 1 = 2.56 sec, 2 = 5.12 sec (Default) and so on. Lowering the SCI is supposed to have an impact on battery life, especially if you're in a low signal area, but if it works, I'd say it's worth it.

The EPST package that comes with OMJ's kitchen seems to have an issue saving settings (at least for my phone it does). Attached is the one I use in the off chance you find your's doing the same. Place it in OEM\Diamond\0409\ and move the other EPST folder somewhere else (you can't unselect the original in the kitchen, you have to remove the folder). If you don't want to recook a ROM just for EPST, try dropping the files in \Windows.
Thanks alot, but how do i get my msl? I remember seeing it before but i didnt write it down... and after some regedits the ATDbgLog still does not show my msl.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue/diamond/hero/evo

trakas is keeping up the good worktrakas is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thanks alot, but how do i get my msl? I remember seeing it before but i didnt write it down... and after some regedits the ATDbgLog still does not show my msl.
Swap phone online on sprint website to vogue and back to diamond,they are going to give instructions how to activate them,and one of the# going to be your msl....Some people just calling in and asking for it...
Old 08-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

FH-CS is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
I hate to stray away from the fascinating topic being discussed above, but I have another kitchen related question.

Is it possible to tweak settings from within the kitchen? For instance, if I wanted to change the backlight and auto power off times (which are set at unacceptable values, by default), is there any practical way of adjusting these? How about settings in DiamondTweak or Advanced Config?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Yes. A good way, if you're interested in learning, is to set all your settings as you like them (backlight, sounds, etc) then use a registry editor (such as the one found in Dotfred's task manager) and use it to export the registry, copy the file to a PC and explore it (control + F will be a huge help with the file). Copy the keys that correspond to whatever settings you want from the file into an app.reg file (either make one by changing the extension on a .txt file, or copy an app.reg from another EXT and blank it out) and place it in the kitchen as it's own EXT package.

Alternatively, if you'd rather not spend the time poking through the registry and just want to mess with the backlight, put the attached file in your kitchen, and edit the app.reg (the values in this EXT package are set to my liking, so you'll probably want to change them). All values are in hex, so use something like windows calculator to translate values between decimal and hex.

Quote:
Try BAF MSL Grabber
http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tweaks - Backlight.zip (835 Bytes, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by FH-CS; 08-07-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned User

Wink DECIMAL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
Yes. A good way, if you're interested in learning, is to set all your settings as you like them (backlight, sounds, etc) then use a registry editor (such as the one found in Dotfred's task manager) and use it to export the registry, copy the file to a PC and explore it (control + F will be a huge help with the file). Copy the keys that correspond to whatever settings you want from the file into an app.reg file (either make one by changing the extension on a .txt file, or copy an app.reg from another EXT and blank it out) and place it in the kitchen as it's own EXT package.

Alternatively, if you'd rather not spend the time poking through the registry and just want to mess with the backlight, put the attached file in your kitchen, and edit the app.reg (the values in this EXT package are set to my liking, so you'll probably want to change them). All values are in hex, so use something like windows calculator to translate values between decimal and hex.

Try BAF MSL Grabber
http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl
That's what I was thinking - registry stuff. This still needs a little bit to "churn" in my mind though. Right now, we'll just focus on the backlight tweak, then we'll move on to the other stuff.
I downloaded the file and opened the app.reg in Notepad and I can see all the stuff that can be changed. I would like to know how to convert between HEX and Decimal in MS Calculator though. Does that automatically add the letter in some of the numbers (for instance, "Seconds to Dim (Battery)" is currently set at "0000001e" in your file. I don't know how to convert Decimal to HEX in Windows Calculator (sorry).
Another question: The "brightness on AC" setting doesn't apply if I've got it set to change the brightness based on the light sensor, does it?

Thanks (I added some thanks to your post as well ☺).

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 08-07-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Reply

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development