PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

shadowxaero is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowxaero is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowxaero is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

would anyone happen to know how to create the EXT files for Mobile Shell???
I know it usually works better when installed from the cab, but i would just like the knowledge on how to do it really, because I've had no success with it at all.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowxaero View Post
would anyone happen to know how to create the EXT files for Mobile Shell???
I know it usually works better when installed from the cab, but i would just like the knowledge on how to do it really, because I've had no success with it at all.
You may want to ask Mr. Obvious. Believe he had it installed as part of his ROM not too long ago, but has taken it out because of problems.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

86gn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I didnt change post #1 cuz some of my rom users were having issues & I wasnt sure if it was related to the new 1922 packages. It turns out Amarullz said it was caused by manila locker & posted a fix. I still think I'm gonna repack/re-upload v1.7 w/ that fix & also seperate the modifed manila.exe for 6.5.3.
Sounds good , will waite for the repack!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

OMJ,

So, I finally started cooking my own rom using your kitchen (v1.6) and have had no problems so far booting up the roms. However, I've run into a little bit of a glitch and want to know if its a problem on my end.

I cooked a rom based on 28011 and after going to Start > Settings > Personal, there is no "Phone" option.

The option is there if I cook a rom using 28014 (all the settings are the same, the only difference is that I change XIP and SYS to 28014).

Is there something I'm missing?

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Are you not having messaging problems with 1.7? When I tried to compose a message, it was not pulling up my contacts when I typed their names and there were some graphical glitches.
yeah I am, you can still arrow down & highlight the contact to select, but I know, it's not correct ....I think it's a VGA issue w/ one of the updated 1922 packages....I went through most of them & had to modify for VGA but I havent tested yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
OMJ,

So, I finally started cooking my own rom using your kitchen (v1.6) and have had no problems so far booting up the roms. However, I've run into a little bit of a glitch and want to know if its a problem on my end.

I cooked a rom based on 28011 and after going to Start > Settings > Personal, there is no "Phone" option.

The option is there if I cook a rom using 28014 (all the settings are the same, the only difference is that I change XIP and SYS to 28014).

Is there something I'm missing?
yeah, this was discussed earlier.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ

looks like I missed the regedit for 28011...

open this file...

OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.6\SYS\28011\SHARED\COMMON\Shell\1f1aca24-d942-464a-9281-10567741499c.rgu

find this key...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Phone]
"Group"=dword:0
"Redirect"=""

delete "redirect", so now it looks like....

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Phone]
"Group"=dword:0

you can also delete this key on your phone then reboot, phone options will be there. I dont dont why the regedit is in the SYS from the start.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger
Unhappy Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Help !!!!! Newbie needs help

OK I've cooked up a ROM 6.5.3 28014 Sense 2.5

I've cooked up several ROMs before but I'm having a problem with my sound tab under settings in Manilla every time I tap "Sound & display" it flashes off and brings up the Launching Sense UI screen and seems to restart Manilla. Also in my OMJ 1.6 Kitchen I was having problems with my bluetooth pairing. This is the first time I've had a blue tooth issue. I also haven't been able to get Groove Fish working for several builds now it just hangs when I attempt to do a search. I guess I'll just list all my little issues here not sure if there is a better place to post this infor.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:46 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
Help !!!!! Newbie needs help

OK I've cooked up a ROM 6.5.3 28014 Sense 2.5

I've cooked up several ROMs before but I'm having a problem with my sound tab under settings in Manilla every time I tap "Sound & display" it flashes off and brings up the Launching Sense UI screen and seems to restart Manilla. Also in my OMJ 1.6 Kitchen I was having problems with my bluetooth pairing. This is the first time I've had a blue tooth issue. I also haven't been able to get Groove Fish working for several builds now it just hangs when I attempt to do a search. I guess I'll just list all my little issues here not sure if there is a better place to post this infor.

I think I remember seeing this manila restart issue back in the beginning but sorry I dont recall what the fix was.....someone @ XDA just posted a similar question, I'll check to see if anyone responded.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I think I remember seeing this manila restart issue back in the beginning but sorry I dont recall what the fix was.....someone @ XDA just posted a similar question, I'll check to see if anyone responded.
i think its a package missing... not really sure which one.
i think that the sound setting requires settings improvements to be cooked in.
check if it was included.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

MrDMB is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to MrDMB

So I'm running 28014 and sense 2.5
I have most of my contacts through Sense connected to Facebook to keep me up to date with their profile pics and my ID for them. I get the facebook picture when using Sense for texts and so forth. But when a call comes in it doesnt recognize the picture. Looking in windows contacts there is no pic assosciated with the contact. Is there a way to make windows contacts see the sens's contact pic. It takes everything else from sense.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
I have most of my contacts through Sense connected to Facebook to keep me up to date with their profile pics and my ID for them. I get the facebook picture when using Sense for texts and so forth. But when a call comes in it doesnt recognize the picture. Looking in windows contacts there is no pic assosciated with the contact. Is there a way to make windows contacts see the sens's contact pic. It takes everything else from sense.
What dialer are you currently using?/Contact utlility engine?

ContactUtilityEngine and the dialer go hand and hand, they have to match to get all the features..
Even worse is it varies from device to device, i.e leo contactutility must go with leo dialer, quilin contactutilitymust go with quilin dialer..

That being said, I'm guessing you are using a Manila 2.5 ContactUtilityEngine with a Manila 2.1 dialer..
I stopped using Manila 2.5 but I was using the leo dialer and had no problems with facebook pictures for the contact pic.

Last edited by omnicronx; 01-14-2010 at 05:50 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development