PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketgamer View Post
So I bricked my phone when doing a build. How do I unbrick a Sprint touch diamond? It is currently stuck on the splash screen, preventing me from being able to do active sync. :/
Pull the battery out, put it back in, hold the volume down button and the power button until you see the boot screen. Plug into your comp & flash back to stock
Old 12-08-2009, 01:01 PM
N00b

pocketgamer is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

[QUOTE=liriel;1396134]
Quote:
So I bricked my phone when doing a build. How do I unbrick a Sprint touch diamond? It is currently stuck on the splash screen, preventing me from being able to do active sync. :/[/Q

1. Turn off the phone (e.g., remove the battery)
2. While pressing the "Vol Down" button, press the power button and hold both buttons until you see a multi-colored screen.

The phone us now in bootloader mode and you can flash any ROM using the CustomRUU utility included with most ROMs (including OMJ's).

Thanks! I didn't know what to search to get this answer and kept getting things about SD cards. This worked.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
So I bricked my phone when doing a build. How do I unbrick a Sprint touch diamond? It is currently stuck on the splash screen, preventing me from being able to do active sync. :/
oh yeah, you didnt brick your phone. if you brick it, it doesnt power up at all! i have been unsuccessful at trying to brick my phone for about 3 months now.. not possible unless you literally break your phone!

Good luck boss
Old 12-08-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

86gn is becoming a great contributor

CAn anyone guide me on how to make a cab file install in the UC part of the flash? I made a ext of the cab but it does not install correctly. Any help? Here is the cab
Attached Files
File Type: cab LockDevice_V1.6.CAB (45.3 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

I'm not sure, I still use UC and it always acts goofy, but I just let it run & eventually it goes.
But does UC still hang on cabs that need user input? ... Here's an old quote from Tiermann about Autorun but I think he posted this long ago... "Limitations: Because it still uses Autorun.exe, you have the same limitations in your choices of cabs. Cabs that have a dialog box after the install may hault the rest of the autorun process." I was wondering if this was still the case with Autorun w/i UC? (just making sure you understood my question) ... guess I might just do my homework and figure out how to cook SASHIMI in much the same as UC since it doesn't hang like Autorun. (it either waits for you to hit the box or you can tell it to automatically check boxes that come up using scripts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gn View Post
CAn anyone guide me on how to make a cab file install in the UC part of the flash? I made a ext of the cab but it does not install correctly. Any help? Here is the cab
Same result here, made an EXT for it but for some reason it didn't work. I was actually gonna ask OMJ if he had tried and/or been successful at making an EXT for DeviceLock... While I'm at it...

@OMJ, as well as DeviceLock, I have been unsucessful at making an EXT for TCPMP ... any ideas?

Edit: Oh yeah, I haven't used UC since I've been on a diamond so I don't know if it just treats the internal storage same as a Storage Card or I'd tell ya how to write an SDConfig.txt... here, just in case somebody answers this and SDAutorun.exe does simply treat the internal storage like a storage card I'll attach an old SDConfig.txt of mine as an example. You can actually thank OMJ for this as he taught me how to use UC back in my early Touch days (i actually still have an old copy of his SDConfig.txt in my tools folder from long ago, hehe)
Attached Files
File Type: txt SDConfig.txt (1.2 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Vancer; 12-08-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:44 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
hmm, I'm not sure why it would be doing this...I've been cooking in the 12 quicklinks EXT...Are u cooking in a Background 4 all ?
Yes, I think it was part of the default... maybe not.
I'm also having an issue with the dialer... the bottom bar is hiding the two buttons that allow me to go to the dialer/numpad "below" the bottom bar. And while there is a scrollbar on the right side, it doesn't seem to want to scroll. Any thoughts?
Looks like some flashing is in my future today!

Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Hey guys, I just cooked a 21882 ROM but the top and bottom areas with the Phone and Start Menu area grey in color. How can I make them black? Did I forget to include something in the ROM? Thanks.

Update: I think I just figured it out. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: all of them
Carrier: sprint

nextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
no, this is the 1st I had heard of this....but I stopped using the tachi dialer awhile ago & switched to Rhodium dialer. I saw a similar post @ xda about a different dialer. I believe it is related to the phcanrc.dll file, but I do not know how to fix...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=799

I believe location will still work ok.

I set the theme during customization. you need to edit config_operator.txt located @ \EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Carrier - Generic\files

as for setting the wallpaper, try this code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HomeBackgroundPath"="\\Windows\\image.jpg"

lol, maybe I should make the flamerise theme its own ext.

I was originally using the Google Maps EXT, then I found out the show address on map wasnt working, so I went back to GMM, I left in the Google Maps EXT cuz it was a newer version, and someone may want it if they didnt care about the show address feature.

I only added 4 ringtones, they are @ \EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Carrier - Generic\files the sprint files folder too

I did on the 1st version I cooked, but I also had bubblebreaker cooked in that was causing issues.

I saw this also 1 time on 28008...I have since gone back to 28005 w/o bubblebreaker....I'll be removing 28008 from future kitchens.

I'm not sure, I still use UC and it always acts goofy, but I just let it run & eventually it goes.

hmm, I'm not sure why it would be doing this...I've been cooking in the 12 quicklinks EXT...Are u cooking in a Background 4 all ?

Im not sure about THIS kitchen setup ... but this happens in MY kitchen when I cook in the BG4ALL 12 QLversion WITHOUT cooking in 12 QuickLinks ... In otherword you need both 12 ql then b4gall 12 ql ... hope this helps
Old 12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
OMJ has anyone else reported an issue with the Tachi dialer(s)? To be a little more specific I've only witnessed the issue with the Black/Green version as it's the only one I tried in both kitchens 1.3 and now 1.4... screencap attatched to post I quote above.
Quote:
no, this is the 1st I had heard of this....but I stopped using the tachi dialer awhile ago & switched to Rhodium dialer.
Hey guys, also saw this over at xda (I'm sure OMJ knew this already and is one of many reasons he has the Rhodium in the kitchen) ... just another reason to stick with the Rhodium like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by programatix
It's the Message Enchancement. You'll have to use the one that come with the dialer. So, if you are using Rhodium dialer, then you need Rhodium Message Enchancement. If you are using Qilin dialer, then I think you can use the Message Enchancement from Leo. By the way, Leo's Message Enchancement has dependency on Leo's Contact Picker. Lastly, the Contact Utility has to match the dialer too.

FWIW

Last edited by Vancer; 12-08-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextpimp View Post
Im not sure about THIS kitchen setup ... but this happens in MY kitchen when I cook in the BG4ALL 12 QLversion WITHOUT cooking in 12 QuickLinks ... In otherword you need both 12 ql then b4gall 12 ql ... hope this helps
Oh yeah, forgot to mention to ya OMJ... not sure if it was on purpose or not but when I cooked only HTCSense_Tweak_12_Quicklinks_BG4ALL the first time on update 1.4 it didn't have the 12 quicklinks... I had to go steal the manila files out of HTCSense_Tweak_12_Quicklinks and put them in HTCSense_Tweak_12_Quicklinks_BG4ALL to get it to work... Guess i coulda just added both to the build but I didn't need to add both in kitchen ver 1.3 and since it said it was both I wanted it to be both

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development