PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

I just started using the kitchen very nice. I probably don't know what I'm doing but at first I was having problems with keyboard which I fixed but I can't change the picture wallpaper and even when it shows the 12 links fix it still does 6 so I must be doing something wrong but I am enjoying trying the different operating systems setups
Old 12-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

Well this all assumes you use the messenging enhancement, which if you use the amarullz mod, you don't.

I've been using the Qilin dialer and it does seem to work and data does seem to disconnect, but it has a scrolling bar issue and as others have mentioned, it is designed for GSM so it has the call conference and video call buttons that we cannot use. Its definitely a bit snappier, looks a bit nicer and is better integrated with manila 2.5, but it does have its issues which need to be worked out..

Last edited by omnicronx; 12-08-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Well this all assumes you use the messenging enhancement, which if you use the amarullz mod, you don't.

I've been using the Qilin dialer and it does seem to work and data does seem to disconnect, but it has a scrolling bar issue and as others have mentioned, it is designed for GSM so it has the call conference and video call buttons that we cannot use. Its definitely a bit snappier, looks a bit nicer and is better integrated with manila 2.5, but it does have its issues which need to be worked out..
Omni, can you share a link to the Qilin dialer info? TIA

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:33 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
And maybe a pic of what it looks like?

Old 12-08-2009, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

El Mono is just getting started

Thank you OMJ for the new kitchen (1.4). I've tried it a couple of times: first I just had to try 28008 thinking newer is better. After reading your comments that you would be removing 28008 from future kitchens I decided to give 28005 a try. Seems a little more stable (lack of flickering) than either -02 or -08.
Another observation: since moving to kitchen 1.4 and builds -08 and -05 the post flash installation/progress bar (on the ppc) seems faster; on build 28002 my ppc looked like it was having a seizure (though everything worked).
Thanks again. 28005 seems to be working well.
El Mono
Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gn
CAn anyone guide me on how to make a cab file install in the UC part of the flash? I made a ext of the cab but it does not install correctly. Any help? Here is the cab
Same result here, made an EXT for it but for some reason it didn't work. I was actually gonna ask OMJ if he had tried and/or been successful at making an EXT for DeviceLock... While I'm at it...
Have you filled in the reg entry in app.reg?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Daniel Herrero\LockDevice]
"path"="\\Windows\\LockDevice.exe"

it is blank by default and needs to be set. Thats all I did to get it working, but if you really can't get it to work I can send you my EXT.

TCMP needs additional configuration (i don't think it can be installed to \windows\) I did a while ago and it worked fine as an OEM.

Last edited by omnicronx; 12-08-2009 at 07:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 PM
VIP Member

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
And maybe a pic of what it looks like?
Quote:
Quote:

Try this....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=789
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I've played with the Qilin dialer all day, I don't recommend using it right now. I'm not sure whether or not it has a data disconnect issue and it has a scroll bar on the side.

You also have to pair it with the right manila components which can be a pain. (i.e if you are using the qilin dialer, you have to use the qilin message enhancements and contactcard etc etc..)

edit: heh forgot to answer the question, I didnt even notice a difference at first, it just seems it a bit less rough around the edges in certain places. That being said, I think our current solution (i.e 3.40 rhodium dialer by calc with amarullz vga fix) is still the best for CDMA users.

Have you tried this were a newer build? There is still a scrollbar on the side and the previous phcanvga fix does not work.

Last edited by omnicronx; 12-08-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Yes, I think it was part of the default... maybe not.
I'm also having an issue with the dialer... the bottom bar is hiding the two buttons that allow me to go to the dialer/numpad "below" the bottom bar. And while there is a scrollbar on the right side, it doesn't seem to want to scroll. Any thoughts?
Looks like some flashing is in my future today!
Got rid of the BG4A EXT and it fixed both issues.
Rockin'.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:05 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

check out the latest Manila Lock, it now has an autolock....very sweet!:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=881

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gn View Post
Loving the kitchen so far OMJ!!!

Thought i would share, I really like the psShutXp program you include with the rom but always like it routed to the power button so here is EXT so it will work with the power button.
thanks, I already had the EXT, but never tried it....do u hold the power button to get psShutXp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gn View Post
CAn anyone guide me on how to make a cab file install in the UC part of the flash? I made a ext of the cab but it does not install correctly. Any help? Here is the cab
the cab has a setup.dll file, that's probably why the EXT failed

here is my Sdconfig:

Code:
LOCK:Enabled
CAB: \Internal Storage\OMJ.cab
XML: \Internal Storage\omjprovisioning.xml
LOCK:Disabled
RST: Reset

Quote:
Yes, I think it was part of the default... maybe not.
I'm also having an issue with the dialer... the bottom bar is hiding the two buttons that allow me to go to the dialer/numpad "below" the bottom bar. And while there is a scrollbar on the right side, it doesn't seem to want to scroll. Any thoughts?
Looks like some flashing is in my future today!
which dialer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Oh yeah, forgot to mention to ya OMJ... not sure if it was on purpose or not but when I cooked only HTCSense_Tweak_12_Quicklinks_BG4ALL the first time on update 1.4 it didn't have the 12 quicklinks... I had to go steal the manila files out of HTCSense_Tweak_12_Quicklinks and put them in HTCSense_Tweak_12_Quicklinks_BG4ALL to get it to work... Guess i coulda just added both to the build but I didn't need to add both in kitchen ver 1.3 and since it said it was both I wanted it to be both
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadall View Post
I just started using the kitchen very nice. I probably don't know what I'm doing but at first I was having problems with keyboard which I fixed but I can't change the picture wallpaper and even when it shows the 12 links fix it still does 6 so I must be doing something wrong but I am enjoying trying the different operating systems setups
yeah it was stated @ XDA that u need both...
HTCSense_Tweak_12_Quicklinks (only adds 12 quick links)
HTCSense_Tweak_12_Quicklinks_BG4ALL (only adds BG4ALL for 12 quicklinks)

Quote:
I'm happy w/ Rhodium....no reason to change...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=789

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development