View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Trident
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
thx mwalt, I had just posted in my rom thread asking for u to post, and here it is.....thx.

I may need to give this a try.....I've been using UC forever, how it SASHIMI better?
Sashimi doesn't require any changes to config.txt files.
You can put other types of files into the customization- I don't, but I know you can.
When the customization is running, you can have Sashimi pause and request input so that a file/program can be installed or not installed in a specific location.
The individual user can have Sashimi customize their device with email/username/password/login info. It can also be used to complete the Owner Information and just about anything else.
There's probably more. I just find it to be a more "elegant" solution.
SASHIMI is first and foremost an installer. Its main function is to install CAB, .REG., .XML, .EXE, and .MSCR files that can be used when setting up your device. It can be run in Manual Mode, Automated Mode, or in Manual+Auto mode. SASHIMI can also perform backups of your important files and registry entries and allow for easy restore during installation.
@mwalt: I noticed that some mention was made of the EXT & carriers. Does this mean that the EXT is carrier dependent?

Last edited by Trident; 01-12-2010 at 12:14 PM.