PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Spearoid: Attached is the template file for my clean WM6 Titanium rom. Download and then erase the ".cab" extension name. Place the resulting .erv file in the Tools>>ROMSaved Folder of OMJ's kitchen after decompressing his .7z file. I'm using WM7 so I need to run the "erviuskitchen.exe" as administrator. Once it starts up, click the "Load ROM" button in the upper left corner. A window will open with the various templates OMJ has provided. Mine is just a variation of one of his. Highlight that file, followed by clicking the "Open" button. You'll see a lot of blinking as the kitchen loads and sets the appropriate files/modules. Then simply click the "Create ROM" button. Some minutes will go by (~5 on my laptop) with a lot of writing occurring. Ultimately a new window titled "Multiplatform PagePool Changer" will pop up. Just close that, unless you want to change the size of the pagepool. That can also be done later, though. Next the actual "PDA Phone ROM Update Utility" window will pop open which I also close/cancel. I then close ("x") the kitchen and move into the "Release_Diamond" folder, at the same level as the ervius_kitchen.exe. There you'll see the created .nbh file along with the other necessary utilities to flash it to your phone. The rest should now be familiar, i.e., just double click the "Custom_RUU.exe" and your off and flashing. Good luck and let me know if you have questions or problems and I will try to help. Don't forget to thank OMJ for his kitchen and his original templates.
Attached Files
File Type: cab pfc_tit_21887_cln.erv.cab (4.2 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by O.a.T.; 01-10-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neo3d is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Love seeing the progress on these roms OMJ! I just wanted to report that OMJ_Diamond_SENSE_2.5_28014_v1.2 limits Facebook profile image syncing to 200 friends. Hopefully, it's easy to fix.

Thanks as always for the hard work!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/Pro/TP2

kski71 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
add a city, update weather data, then flick it up back to "My Location" and update again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kski71 View Post
it says no weather data available. changed builds, same thing.
Figured out what it was. My GPS_GMM file disappeared. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO CDMA

scout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good work

Does anyone have 23518 packaged up to drop in the kitchen?
Old 01-10-2010, 12:26 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i've got a question, and i hope someone can actually help me to figure out a way to do this.
anyways...
when we add packages and customize our start menu or direct any ringtone to a different folder or any file using provxml or app.dat, we always get two copies of the files one in the windows folder and the other where ever we set it to be copied to.
now, my question is like this... i've been digging through the wm mobile forums and been trying to add a delete command like in mxip_office_100.provxml that should actually delete things, i've managed to get rid of all the duplicate shortcuts that exists in the windows folder but had zero luck with moving or deleting any other duplicate files like ringtones or files that get copied into any other folders from windows dir.
this is really important since every time that we add a package or create a shortcut, in reality some of them if not most or all just take double space on the device not to mention that in order to get a windows system running fast the windows root dir should ideally have less files.
if we can slove that issue we can actually end up with a fully loaded rom and about 70-80 mb free, not to mention a faster device.
i've spent a few good hours reading threads at xda and official wm website, and couldn't find anything or anyway to get this done proper if anyone has some information please share.
unfortunately, I dont think there is a way to delete a file from \windows after it has been copied elsewhere.

2 options come to mind:

1. modify your package to instead of installing to ie. \program files\your app, to \windows. for example, look at the Opera pkg, it was originally copying/moving to \program files, but changed to \windows

2. instead of including the files in the rom (ie, ringtones), create a cab that installs during UC to install to whatever directory u want it to. That was save on the dups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
@orangekid ... this question will help you too i'm sure

@OMJ ... Hey does the TSK have to come before the CABs ?? Or can we install the cab that has the themes in it and then put the TSK line after that so it will set the theme all in the autorun process?

@orangekid ... if this is possible, then it will be totally set up after your phone resets from autorun. (which is what i think you are looking for) ... and if so, this is what your config_operator.txt will look like...

LOCK:Enabled
CAB: \Windows\Calkulins_Diamond_Tweaks.cab
CAB: \Windows\yourcab.cab (as many lines as you want for the cabs you want installed during autorun)
CAB: \Windows\Livven SimpleGloss 192dpi.cab
TSK: \Windows\Livven SimpleGloss Green.tsk (or blue or black)
XML: \Windows\Start_Menu.xml
LOCKisabled
CFG: \Windows\SDAutoRun.txt

@OMJ ... while i'm at it... what the heck is Start_Menu.xml setting? Also, since I have been using SHASHIMI and not autorun for a while I never found out if SDautorun simply "sees" the internal storage like it is a storage card? In other words, I'm wondering if you can just put an sdconfig.txt in the root of the internal storage just like you do with a storage card and it just sees it the same and runs?
no, you can re-arrange the order any way u want it.

as for Start_Menu.xml, this is what it used to do, this is from calkulins....but I just checked Start_Menu.xml from the 4.2 kitchen & it is not doing anything, so it can be deleted from config_operator.txt.

Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="FileOperation">
    <characteristic type="%CE11%\System Tools\Comm Manager.lnk" translation="install">
        <characteristic type="Move">
            <parm name="Source" value="%CE11%\Comm Manager.lnk" translation="install" />
        </characteristic>
    </characteristic>
     <characteristic type="%CE11%\System Tools\Internet Sharing.lnk" translation="install">
        <characteristic type="Move">
            <parm name="Source" value="%CE11%\Internet Sharing.lnk" translation="install" />
        </characteristic>
    </characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>
as far as SDconfig, yes, I am still using it....this is what mines looks like:
Code:
LOCK:Enabled
CAB: \Internal Storage\OMJ.cab
XML: \Internal Storage\omjprovisioning.xml
LOCK:Disabled
RST: Reset

Last edited by OMJ; 01-10-2010 at 12:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

What package do I change to get rid of these ridiculous notifications that won't let me choose a snooze duration for appointments?
They are "pretty", but not functional.
I'd guess it's Notification Enhancements, but not sure. My fear is that it's something to do with the SYS.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

In other news... could/would anyone be interested and/or able to create a VK package that would make a Diamond ROM Sashimi compliant [SC]?
It's not that difficult, but I don't want to mess it up. I've downloaded all the files necessary and the directions are here (you won't be able to see much if you aren't registered).
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
unfortunately, I dont think there is a way to delete a file from \windows after it has been copied elsewhere.

2 options come to mind:

1. modify your package to instead of installing to ie. \program files\your app, to \windows. for example, look at the Opera pkg, it was originally copying/moving to \program files, but changed to \windows

2. instead of including the files in the rom (ie, ringtones), create a cab that installs during UC to install to whatever directory u want it to. That was save on the dups.
so i guess my line of thinking on this was right... the best thing to do is to make a rom with as less things in it as possible and install cab's from internal storage to make sure that the windows dir contains as less files as possible and that the device will have as much space available as possible.

now a new question....
what is the "minimum" that is needed to get 2.5 running while keeping in mind that everything that could be made into a cab would become a cab.
i can make all into cab's but the question is what is absolutely needed to be cooked in. i mean, just as an example, can some of the required packages like: vol control, drm, distrix and more can be installed without being cooked?
if anyone has any info about what can be added as a cab and what must be cooked, please share so i could save myself and maybe others can save time on experimenting.
thanks.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:58 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
What package do I change to get rid of these ridiculous notifications that won't let me choose a snooze duration for appointments?
They are "pretty", but not functional.
I'd guess it's Notification Enhancements, but not sure. My fear is that it's something to do with the SYS.
the "pretty" notification is from notification enhancement pkg, if you remove that pkg you'll get the stock notification, but you'd have to try & see if u get the snooze duration....i've been using the enhanced version for so long that I'm not sure these new SYS' will give u the snooze duration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
In other news... could/would anyone be interested and/or able to create a VK package that would make a Diamond ROM Sashimi compliant [SC]?
It's not that difficult, but I don't want to mess it up. I've downloaded all the files necessary and the directions are here (you won't be able to see much if you aren't registered).
Thanks in advance.
I'll take a look at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
so i guess my line of thinking on this was right... the best thing to do is to make a rom with as less things in it as possible and install cab's from internal storage to make sure that the windows dir contains as less files as possible and that the device will have as much space available as possible.

now a new question....
what is the "minimum" that is needed to get 2.5 running while keeping in mind that everything that could be made into a cab would become a cab.
i can make all into cab's but the question is what is absolutely needed to be cooked in. i mean, just as an example, can some of the required packages like: vol control, drm, distrix and more can be installed without being cooked?
if anyone has any info about what can be added as a cab and what must be cooked, please share so i could save myself and maybe others can save time on experimenting.
thanks.
you want to include as much as possible in the rom.....you are not benefiting yourself by installing something via cab that is going to \windows anyways. the purpose of installing via cab would be for those apps that are being moved from windows to program files, creating duplicates.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
you want to include as much as possible in the rom.....you are not benefiting yourself by installing something via cab that is going to \windows anyways. the purpose of installing via cab would be for those apps that are being moved from windows to program files, creating duplicates.
yeah, i know... thats what i meant... i guess i should have been more clear.
so maybe i should have asked which ones would be moved to other folders, or could be moved into other folders because for the first question i can just check the app.dat files or initialflash file. and as far as moving goes, i can only try unless someone know what can be moved.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development