PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: SOD in 21904 & 23569

To everyone having SOD frecuently
(I mean at least 1-2 SOD everyday for more than 2 days) (LOL, that sound like DSM-IV stuff)
1) Can you please report if when you have the SOD you feel hot your PHONE/Battery???
2) Also if you can check if you are in a LOW signal area in that moment or coming from that area before notice SOD.
3) I think that a double WIFI Icon or a WIFI Icon when you don't have enable wifi conection can be and error in the Icon display to notice you are in Roaming , can some one confirm this (you need to be roaming)??
thanks in advance.

----------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
........... And again, the SOD lock up problem has only happened a few times here so far, and only on my Diamond with a clean install of 23569. My other Diamond that was just flashed strait to it from 23566, then reloaded with all my programs via Spb upgrade mode, has been fine, and both have the same programs and Sense mods etc... Anyway, not sure what else it could be, besides something in the 23569 sys changed....
HI Rhacy, I think (I'm guessing) when you reinstall your stuff after flash with SPB, maybe that revert a lot of update things, so pretty think you kind of reverted to previous SYS. Just guessing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahurst View Post
I finally got a SOD today. As I recall, I was in a building with very low to no signal ............. I am on 21904 original.
Thanks Seahurst, not my case only two SOD in 10 days and I was with LOW battery when SOD happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
I switched my phone to home only. I'll let you know how it goes.
Hi ICAntAffordIt, when you have a SOD you feel hot your PHONE/Battery???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex2 View Post
....... but been having issues with my data network. every time I want to update my weather.
That is weird, You are talking about the phone ask you for a USER & password to connect to 3G (cellular data signal). That sound to me that you need to install a DCD_Sprint.cab or just enter settings manually. Sorry don't use Sprint but maybe someone here can help you or point you to where you can find DCD for Sprint here at pccgeeks forum or XDA forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icewolfe06 View Post
....The low signal may be something as well. The 4/20 23563 with .....
Are you using, MAY 20 ROM??
Anyway when you have a SOD you feel hot your PHONE/Battery???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
SOD ...... it's only occurred when the Diamond is connected to the usb charging cable, fully charged, and has been sitting for hours without any use.....
When you have a SOD you feel hot your PHONE/Battery???
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 05-27-2010 at 01:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

seahurst is a n00b
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

My ROM = 5/20 - 21904 Original

I just got a SOD again. This time, it's also in low signal and accompanied with a constant vibrate and had to be reset. No incoming call nor message. Battery was not hot at the time.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

hey amikim loving the latest 5/20 gtx rom. do u think u will have the problem with not being able to add favorites in internet explorer fixed when u update.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjairal View Post
hey amikim loving the latest 5/20 gtx rom. do u think u will have the problem with not being able to add favorites in internet explorer fixed when u update.
please do me a favor and check if the file "HTC_Bookmark.xml" exists in your windows dir.
i think i deleted it by mistake from some releases... which would explain why it might get stuck and not work.
if it doesn't exist... ill upload the file for u.. but i think u would wanna wait until i release the new roms anyways.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ok guys... so far i've been testing the new 21905 sys... seems pretty much the same as 21904 and 21903... still no SOD's but its only been a day.
i will have to disregard that test though cuz im trying out the new manila 2013 to see if its working good with amarluz port to vga... i know a lot of people like to say that if it wasn't meant for slower devices it will probably wont be as fast... but i will have to completely disagree with them just cuz every new package i got from the leo or hussian device is working much faster then the ones that came from tp2 roms... so my assumption is that htc is just making things better regardless of which possessor the phone has... which makes sense if u ask me just cuz they would want to make the fast even faster... so optimized or not is probably not even a question if u ask me... its just an issue of working or not, and if it does... then the newer will work better and faster regardless of which device it was meant to fit.
i could be wrong... but from my personal experience with newer htc packages... if it worked, it was faster.

anyways... im hoping everything goes good with 2013 manila so i can post and update soon.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

i'm on day four of energy rom. i noticed it doesn't have a manilla locker on it. i had one SOD yesterday and i noticed the battery was hot. i'll wait another few days because it was around day 5 that my SOD would happen hourly.

ithink maybe manilla locker could be the problem. a better stat would be for everyone that has not experienced a SOD to give input.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

ICantAffordIt is just getting started

SOD this morning on the charger. I was in home-only mode on the phone. Battery was normal temperature with the full-charge ring lit up.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
i'm on day four of energy rom. i noticed it doesn't have a manilla locker on it. i had one SOD yesterday and i noticed the battery was hot. i'll wait another few days because it was around day 5 that my SOD would happen hourly.

ithink maybe manilla locker could be the problem. a better stat would be for everyone that has not experienced a SOD to give input.
energy rom actually has everything working on it?
i thought he left in modules and such and he dont use 6.5 nk as far as i know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
SOD this morning on the charger. I was in home-only mode on the phone. Battery was normal temperature with the full-charge ring lit up.
so after it charged all night?
if, and/or not... could u have plugged up the phone when it was almost dead ?

btw... i think u guys noticed it.. but maybe not... all the tp2 stock roms have SOD's... there was an article on here or on xda a few weeks ago i think... so maybe there is a problem with some packages that was used in them(im using some also... not sure exactly which ones though... i think i updates atleast 90% of my packages to the new leo and hussian)

also, what is u guys settings to auto update(email, weather, facebook, twitter and such) maybe thats an issue somehow.
actually i think that is the only thing that makes any sense... the device crashes somehow when trying to update something... which would indicate that it's either a problem with the program that tries to update(could be sys or an htc package) or that manila locker is causing a conflict which makes it crash.
i never had one SOD on my starting with sys 21903 and a few of the previous ones... so i really dont know how to find what might be doing it for u guys.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok guys... i have a tiny request... im testing this new 2013 manila with 21905 sys... now im putting a link to download the version im testing and hoping will stay on my phone... its a light version so dont expect it to have lots of things on it.
please... if any of u guys would like to test it out go right a head and give some feedback.
its the fastest one yet as far as i noticed and as far as i know everything that i've tried works and no issues at all so far.
it should be looked at as a test version but it might be the final release after ill add/change more things in it.
anyways... here is the link:
http://hotfile.com/dl/45255531/0371e...3_Test.7z.html
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work

Ill give it a shot and see. Btw that file for bookmarks was missing in the 5/20 gtx at least i could'nt find it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development