PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: [2/8/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21891]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i've been runing with lzx all day... and it might sound weird... but so far im only noticing an increase in speed and not slow down... but i do believe it took it sometime to get there.
after loading all the regular things up to the rom and playing around all over manila. it seems as if no speed was lost at all, the only time i noticed any diff was maybe in the first 5-10 min of running... but after that... its like it keeps getting faster instead of slower.
i can actually run tests and compare... but so far im pleased with lzx compression performance.
It's been going good here too, no noticeable changes in performance! Another plus with this version, which I am pretty sure is coincidence, I've had less issues with Manila locker. Usually I'd get the top bar disappearing, or screen not turning on at least twice a day; did not happen at all today. I personally like messaging the way it is now too. All seems good, thanks!!

Old 02-11-2010, 02:16 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor
Re: [2/8/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21891]

Amikam, I just tried your ROM for the first time. Very nice. Looks good and very smooth. I got hooked on 6.5.3, though. Any plans to cook a 6.5.3 ROM or release your kitchen?

Thanks,
JZR
Old 02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Amikam, I just tried your ROM for the first time. Very nice. Looks good and very smooth. I got hooked on 6.5.3, though. Any plans to cook a 6.5.3 ROM or release your kitchen?

Thanks,
JZR
i would release it but i work really messy and it would take me a day just to make sure everything in the kitchen is working and arranged nice... so probably not soon.
as far as 6.5.x... someone asked me before... and i said that since i don't use it myself im not sure it would be a good idea... but ill give it shot soon.
i though a about just releasing my theme separate in a cab, but thats a lot of files and means that who ever installs it needs the correct versions of some app's also... since i pretty much theme everything.... which is about the same problem i have with my kitchen... i skin all the packages in the kitchen. so no package is same as original.
ill try to put up a 6.5.x this weekend maybe.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
It's been going good here too, no noticeable changes in performance! Another plus with this version, which I am pretty sure is coincidence, I've had less issues with Manila locker. Usually I'd get the top bar disappearing, or screen not turning on at least twice a day; did not happen at all today. I personally like messaging the way it is now too. All seems good, thanks!!
yeah... it seems that something run a lot smoother with lzx and some got slowed down a little bit.
if anything... it seems that lzx is the way to go from now on... specially since manila 2.5 2011 will be released soon and takes more space.

i guess my only question now for u guys is what else would u like to see on the rom that is missing and would be helpful to already have on as soon as u flash(besides opera that i won't put on since its a matter of preference), or what can be taken out completely.
seems like theres more than enough room in the rom to add things. and i would like to stick to one version of the rom and not like before put up 2, 3 versions.
so far i thought about adding fim, maybe some games, google maps 4, etc.
and i think i would make them install through a cab on first boot so u guys can also uninstall them if u don't want them.
any suggestions would be good.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
i would release it but i work really messy and it would take me a day just to make sure everything in the kitchen is working and arranged nice... so probably not soon.
as far as 6.5.x... someone asked me before... and i said that since i don't use it myself im not sure it would be a good idea... but ill give it shot soon.
i though a about just releasing my theme separate in a cab, but thats a lot of files and means that who ever installs it needs the correct versions of some app's also... since i pretty much theme everything.... which is about the same problem i have with my kitchen... i skin all the packages in the kitchen. so no package is same as original.
ill try to put up a 6.5.x this weekend maybe.
Cool, thanks. I've found 28011 to be the best 6.5.3 so far, but cesium seems to like the new 23529 (linked below). I really should just make my own kitchen, now that I've really gotten into cooking. I need to read up more on recmodding. And LZX compression, too, I guess.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1175
Old 02-11-2010, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Cool, thanks. I've found 28011 to be the best 6.5.3 so far, but cesium seems to like the new 23529 (linked below). I really should just make my own kitchen, now that I've really gotten into cooking. I need to read up more on recmodding. And LZX compression, too, I guess.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1175
i dont know why people stopped using lzx.... so far its been amazing... really...
i asked in omj kitchen thread... but no one answered yet.
i don't really have time to research the subject... school is getting busier right now for me... but until i notice something... i'm assuming it is all good.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
yeah... it seems that something run a lot smoother with lzx and some got slowed down a little bit.
if anything... it seems that lzx is the way to go from now on... specially since manila 2.5 2011 will be released soon and takes more space.

i guess my only question now for u guys is what else would u like to see on the rom that is missing and would be helpful to already have on as soon as u flash(besides opera that i won't put on since its a matter of preference), or what can be taken out completely.
seems like theres more than enough room in the rom to add things. and i would like to stick to one version of the rom and not like before put up 2, 3 versions.
so far i thought about adding fim, maybe some games, google maps 4, etc.
and i think i would make them install through a cab on first boot so u guys can also uninstall them if u don't want them.
any suggestions would be good.
I definitely like that idea so that programs can be uninstalled if someone wants to. I can't think of a whole lot that is "missing" if anything maybe ClearTemp and G Maps. One thing I can tell you I would personally love to see is the addition of the qwerty sip. Can't really think of much else.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
I definitely like that idea so that programs can be uninstalled if someone wants to. I can't think of a whole lot that is "missing" if anything maybe ClearTemp and G Maps. One thing I can tell you I would personally love to see is the addition of the qwerty sip. Can't really think of much else.
i used to have the qwerty in the first roms... but since people use active sync from the phone i took it... u just need to add the patched biotouch and it works but active sync will only work from the computer... look at the first couple of pages in the thread... you'll find the reason for me taking it out in the first place.
i never added clear temp cuz i figured that people already know how to change the registry to move temp files and such to internal storage. and personally i know that if u install opera10 to storage card the temp will be in internal storage anyways so there is not point in using cleartemp, but i'll add it.
i think ill takeout the regedit app cuz it sucks.
and it does seem like cab is the way to go with some apps... just cuz when u cook apps in the files usually get's doubled... everything is cooked to windows dir and just get copied to the app folder from there.(and no u can't make it move or erase the file in the windows dir.)
so using a cab will save room since u can compress it and if u ever want to install again u can just lookup the cab in the windows folder.
but that is the main reason for me not having app like opera and gm on the rom in the first place... just a waste of space.... not to mention the reason for removing a lot of ringtones because of that also.
almost every file that exists in the device has a duplicate in the windows dir...
and from my knowledge to get a faster sys u would need to minimize the amount of files in the windows dir. it's a trick that was used in older computers also. thats y i think my first light roms are a probably faster than what i got going here today... but i got a lot more downloads on the full version... so i decided to make a standard version that has all the features of wm but not all the large non wm apps.
anyways... im not trying to give cooking lessons... but now that i've writing all of this i'm starting to think i should put up a light version also... just for people who dont care about titanium, voicecommand and such. even if we do get 90mb free with lzx, we can still make it faster by not cooking in everything.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
i used to have the qwerty in the first roms... but since people use active sync from the phone i took it... u just need to add the patched biotouch and it works but active sync will only work from the computer... look at the first couple of pages in the thread... you'll find the reason for me taking it out in the first place.
i never added clear temp cuz i figured that people already know how to change the registry to move temp files and such to internal storage. and personally i know that if u install opera10 to storage card the temp will be in internal storage anyways so there is not point in using cleartemp, but i'll add it.
i think ill takeout the regedit app cuz it sucks.
and it does seem like cab is the way to go with some apps... just cuz when u cook apps in the files usually get's doubled... everything is cooked to windows dir and just get copied to the app folder from there.(and no u can't make it move or erase the file in the windows dir.)
so using a cab will save room since u can compress it and if u ever want to install again u can just lookup the cab in the windows folder.
but that is the main reason for me not having app like opera and gm on the rom in the first place... just a waste of space.... not to mention the reason for removing a lot of ringtones because of that also.
almost every file that exists in the device has a duplicate in the windows dir...
and from my knowledge to get a faster sys u would need to minimize the amount of files in the windows dir. it's a trick that was used in older computers also. thats y i think my first light roms are a probably faster than what i got going here today... but i got a lot more downloads on the full version... so i decided to make a standard version that has all the features of wm but not all the large non wm apps.
anyways... im not trying to give cooking lessons... but now that i've writing all of this i'm starting to think i should put up a light version also... just for people who dont care about titanium, voicecommand and such. even if we do get 90mb free with lzx, we can still make it faster by not cooking in everything.
I didn't know that QWERTY sip was installed already. I know on some roms you have to use the sipchange cab but what I have been doing is installing a different ezinput version, which is not the best way because I end up taking more space.

I had heard that about minimizing items in the windows directory. A lite version might be nice, but really the standard one is not really bloated, plus with lzx the space is there.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

COWHEAD is keeping up the good workCOWHEAD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
... but now that i've writing all of this i'm starting to think i should put up a light version also... just for people who dont care about titanium, voicecommand and such. even if we do get 90mb free with lzx, we can still make it faster by not cooking in everything.
I like the newest version with lzx and would prefer it be light I'm one of those who could care less about the titanium plug in or voicecommand, and why would anyone want Cleartem, or Googlemaps cooked in when they can be installed in your internal storage and run fine. Anyways +1 for the lite version and keep up the good work.=D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development