PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/8/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21891]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
yeah... it seems that something run a lot smoother with lzx and some got slowed down a little bit.
if anything... it seems that lzx is the way to go from now on... specially since manila 2.5 2011 will be released soon and takes more space.

i guess my only question now for u guys is what else would u like to see on the rom that is missing and would be helpful to already have on as soon as u flash(besides opera that i won't put on since its a matter of preference), or what can be taken out completely.
seems like theres more than enough room in the rom to add things. and i would like to stick to one version of the rom and not like before put up 2, 3 versions.
so far i thought about adding fim, maybe some games, google maps 4, etc.
and i think i would make them install through a cab on first boot so u guys can also uninstall them if u don't want them.
any suggestions would be good.
I'm a big fan of your current approach. I like that you leave out Opera and Gmaps so that we can install the latest and greatest versions ourselves on the Internal Memory instead of taking up space with the ROM. In my opinion this is great and you should not change it. These cabs are easily installed after flashing.

Also - you're right about sticking with 1 version of the ROM to avoid divided attention and clutter etc. Feel free to add whatever you think most people will DEFINITELY need, not sure if FIM fits that bill.

In call recorder is a good option to add and also one of the tracker/security programs like nuesecurity. With one of those programs cooked in, they're not traceable by the average user and they can enable the phone to be recovered by GPS if lost or stolen.

Remote desktop is definitely a good oen to keep in.

Have you considered starting to use Gyrator or one of the screen rotation programs? I've been using Gyrator myself for a long time and it works pretty well. I think that's probably one of the things missing from your ROM is auto-rotation.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I'm a big fan of your current approach. I like that you leave out Opera and Gmaps so that we can install the latest and greatest versions ourselves on the Internal Memory instead of taking up space with the ROM. In my opinion this is great and you should not change it. These cabs are easily installed after flashing.

Also - you're right about sticking with 1 version of the ROM to avoid divided attention and clutter etc. Feel free to add whatever you think most people will DEFINITELY need, not sure if FIM fits that bill.

In call recorder is a good option to add and also one of the tracker/security programs like nuesecurity. With one of those programs cooked in, they're not traceable by the average user and they can enable the phone to be recovered by GPS if lost or stolen.

Remote desktop is definitely a good oen to keep in.

Have you considered starting to use Gyrator or one of the screen rotation programs? I've been using Gyrator myself for a long time and it works pretty well. I think that's probably one of the things missing from your ROM is auto-rotation.
incall recorder is already in the rom... as far as security things i think the only good one are warez... which i guess is not really allowed, and i never saw anyone include things like that in a rom... not to mention the time i might need to spend on maybe explaining to people how it works. but i know what u mean.
about auto rotation i know i have to have one once 2011 is complete... maybe even now since i converted almost all the packages to fit vga in landscape and portrait... im not sure which one would be the best choice though.
i guess ill go with your pick of gyrator.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 02-12-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tp617 is just getting started

this is my first time trying this rom. does it come with the wifi router option?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp617 View Post
this is my first time trying this rom. does it come with the wifi router option?
yea, i think in some of the older version u can find it only it the commgr and not also in internet folder.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tp617 is just getting started

Sorry, so the wifi router option is not available in your latest lzx version? thank you.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp617 View Post
Sorry, so the wifi router option is not available in your latest lzx version? thank you.
i said it is in it...
u can get to it through commgr or through startmenu\internet
Old 02-12-2010, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

opera 10 has a new beta 3 out... check third post for the link.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

if wm7 would do half the things this guy is pulling off in his ui... they might actually have a winner.
TouchXperience

check it out.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
if wm7 would do half the things this guy is pulling off in his ui... they might actually have a winner.
TouchXperience

check it out.
I've been keeping an eye on it, it really is amazing what he's done so far.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok...
so i made a 6.5.x rom.
i'm sticking with 28014 for now, and will try out the newer builds when i get a chance...
it is lzx compressed so u guys have atleast 90 mb free after flash with everything included besides opera and google maps.
keep in mind that this is the first time im trying to cook a 6.5.x and don't really use it myself so i don't know much about it (i just don't like the over sized things, and 6.5 is fast enough for me).
yes it is faster than 6.5 which is i believe a known thing to u guys since all version of 6.5.x are faster.
i didnt switch to 2.5.2011-2012 yet because when i tried it i didn't think it was perfect yet and not a whole lot faster than the way i got 1921 on my rom right now, not to mention that music and album rotation doesn't exist in it yet and no manila locker plus some other options.
over all i think i've done a good job on 6.5.x... although u guys should be the judge of that.
i will update the sys when im done with my school work... btw if anyone knows who to program in assembly... i need help... kiddin.
d\l links should be updated within the hour.
have fun.

Last edited by amikam; 02-12-2010 at 10:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development