View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 02:30 PM
amikam
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/8/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21891]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
I definitely like that idea so that programs can be uninstalled if someone wants to. I can't think of a whole lot that is "missing" if anything maybe ClearTemp and G Maps. One thing I can tell you I would personally love to see is the addition of the qwerty sip. Can't really think of much else.
i used to have the qwerty in the first roms... but since people use active sync from the phone i took it... u just need to add the patched biotouch and it works but active sync will only work from the computer... look at the first couple of pages in the thread... you'll find the reason for me taking it out in the first place.
i never added clear temp cuz i figured that people already know how to change the registry to move temp files and such to internal storage. and personally i know that if u install opera10 to storage card the temp will be in internal storage anyways so there is not point in using cleartemp, but i'll add it.
i think ill takeout the regedit app cuz it sucks.
and it does seem like cab is the way to go with some apps... just cuz when u cook apps in the files usually get's doubled... everything is cooked to windows dir and just get copied to the app folder from there.(and no u can't make it move or erase the file in the windows dir.)
so using a cab will save room since u can compress it and if u ever want to install again u can just lookup the cab in the windows folder.
but that is the main reason for me not having app like opera and gm on the rom in the first place... just a waste of space.... not to mention the reason for removing a lot of ringtones because of that also.
almost every file that exists in the device has a duplicate in the windows dir...
and from my knowledge to get a faster sys u would need to minimize the amount of files in the windows dir. it's a trick that was used in older computers also. thats y i think my first light roms are a probably faster than what i got going here today... but i got a lot more downloads on the full version... so i decided to make a standard version that has all the features of wm but not all the large non wm apps.
anyways... im not trying to give cooking lessons... but now that i've writing all of this i'm starting to think i should put up a light version also... just for people who dont care about titanium, voicecommand and such. even if we do get 90mb free with lzx, we can still make it faster by not cooking in everything.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils