PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/8/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21891]

ok... so i feel like an idiot right now...
i guess we can have as much space as we like... i completely forgot about an option called lzx compression... i used to use it a long time ago... back when calc was still here.
i tried it to see how much i can gain and i don't really feel i lost any of the speed and with the feb 8 standard version i have about 90 mb free after flash... that rocks...
i guess it is said that it might slow down the speed... ill test it out a little and see what happens.
so far looks promising.
ill upload a version for u guys by tomorrow so u can check it out and tell me what u think.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ok... u guys should be able to download an lzx compressed rom of feb 8 version with a few tiny extras in it like new usb-to-pc and the new commgr.(look for lzx in the beginning of the filename)
as far as i understand, which is not 100%, lzx compression would make things load slower but once they load everything should work as fast as before.
please check it out and tell me if u notice a performance difference after using it.
i hope to get good results with it since the standard version of my rom now has more than 90mb free after flash.
with that much space i can add back all the ringtones and themes and some more thing i took out, and u guys can install whatever u want to device storage without ever running out of room.

Last edited by amikam; 02-10-2010 at 09:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

COWHEAD is keeping up the good workCOWHEAD is keeping up the good work

I don't think i've ever seen 90mb free on my Diamond. That's awsome! I will flash later today
Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok... u guys should be able to download an lzx compressed rom of feb 8 version with a few tiny extras in it like new usb-to-pc and the new commgr.(look for lzx in the beginning of the filename)
as far as i understand, which is not 100%, lzx compression would make things load slower but once they load everything should work as fast as before.
please check it out and tell me if u notice a performance difference after using it.
i hope to get good results with it since the standard version of my rom now has more than 90mb free after flash.
with that much space i can add back all the ringtones and themes and some more thing i took out, and u guys can install whatever u want to device storage without ever running out of room.
Thanks man, I'll flash it now. So taking out the HTC messaging client to use the WM one for MMS is fine, but from what I gather we have to install Arcsoft, correct? I'll report back on the lzx compression.

I've got it flashed. Looks like Arcsoft 5.25 is cooked in and I can confirm that I can send MMS. After doing a MyPhone sync and getting my contacts and some texts on the phone I have 87.87mb storage memory left and 83.11mb program available with no apps open. I'll let you know how performance seems after a day or so, so far it looks just as good as before, thanks!

Last edited by JAChavez99; 02-10-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
New google maps can be downloaded at the bottom of the below.

http://www.google.com/mobile/maps/index_.html
I remember reading in OMJ's thread that the newest version caused some types of issues, have you tried the latest one? Any problems?

EDIT: Just read over that it is fine!

Last edited by JAChavez99; 02-10-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
I remember reading in OMJ's thread that the newest version caused some types of issues, have you tried the latest one? Any problems?

EDIT: Just read over that it is fine!
Google Maps 4.0 has been working just fine for me as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

doublej3030 is just getting started

hey, I know this may seem like a peculiar request - but i was wondering if you would mind sharing your sys? I've been having issues preparing sys files for the diamond, it's so much easier for a native 6.5 kernel lol.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej3030 View Post
hey, I know this may seem like a peculiar request - but i was wondering if you would mind sharing your sys? I've been having issues preparing sys files for the diamond, it's so much easier for a native 6.5 kernel lol.

Thanks
its already up on my folder from a few days ago... go to the download link and u will find it in there.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
Thanks man, I'll flash it now. So taking out the HTC messaging client to use the WM one for MMS is fine, but from what I gather we have to install Arcsoft, correct? I'll report back on the lzx compression.

I've got it flashed. Looks like Arcsoft 5.25 is cooked in and I can confirm that I can send MMS. After doing a MyPhone sync and getting my contacts and some texts on the phone I have 87.87mb storage memory left and 83.11mb program available with no apps open. I'll let you know how performance seems after a day or so, so far it looks just as good as before, thanks!
i've been runing with lzx all day... and it might sound weird... but so far im only noticing an increase in speed and not slow down... but i do believe it took it sometime to get there.
after loading all the regular things up to the rom and playing around all over manila. it seems as if no speed was lost at all, the only time i noticed any diff was maybe in the first 5-10 min of running... but after that... its like it keeps getting faster instead of slower.
i can actually run tests and compare... but so far im pleased with lzx compression performance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

doublej3030 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
its already up on my folder from a few days ago... go to the download link and u will find it in there.
well thanks, i must have missed it the other day

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development