PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 11:53 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

JZR is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/12/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21892 / 28014 / 23534]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
which version u using?
im assuming 6.5.x but i need to make sure to solve it... im trying something on it now... ill post up an update when fixed.
probably soon!
Yeah, sorry. I should know better than to skip the SYS I'm using. It's your 23534 ROM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work
Re: [2/12/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21892 / 28014 / 23534]

Quote:
ok guys... so right now im looking for some new ideas into how to theme everything...
i will keep the black highlight in menus and such cuz it's a lot of packages and manila files to change, but, as far as everything else goes i would really like to know how u guys want it to look like.
feel free to make suggestions with regards to everything like folder icons, clock, slider icons, background, whatever comes to mind.
i also got a hold of gtx white theme for manila... i probably wont use it since it's obviously not released yet and probably have some bugs... but i can use a black font color in manila instead of white(but i still gotta look into it more as far as how will the packages work with black fonts.. if even..)
anyways... if any of u guys see something u like... from any kind of theme u saw... let me know.
i'll combine all of them to a single theme, or at least get some ideas about what my rom users like.
thanks.
Absolutely love your ROMs! Thank you for your dedication!

Here's a couple of humbly offered ideas...

-Above all else, I am into readability. I've seen very creative backgrounds and themes, but if I have a hard time reading menus and buttons... it's no good.
-I like your black theme, but the shiny portion of the bars sometimes obscures the words or data.
-In your latest ROMs, depending on how you jump into text messaging, you get a different messaging format. I like the very fast and readable normal or non-enhanced messaging with the different colors for the thread on the white background. It's very readable and fast.
- I prefer colored icons for the top status bar on the home page. Since the bar is black, the colors would stand out and give you an instant idea of what's going on. With that in mind, I like the bluetooth icon to be the standard bluetooth symbol with the headphones, if appropriate.
- Just my opinion, but the dialer is a little bland with little to no color.

Just flashed the 21892 2012 20 Feb... Put S2U2 on... seems stable.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Another update on the most recent ROM. I can't launch the camera or camcorder apps. I get the error that says it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. Can anyone confirm?
I concur... using 21892 2012.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
ok guys... so right now im looking for some new ideas into how to theme everything...
i will keep the black highlight in menus and such cuz it's a lot of packages and manila files to change, but, as far as everything else goes i would really like to know how u guys want it to look like.
feel free to make suggestions with regards to everything like folder icons, clock, slider icons, background, whatever comes to mind.
i also got a hold of gtx white theme for manila... i probably wont use it since it's obviously not released yet and probably have some bugs... but i can use a black font color in manila instead of white(but i still gotta look into it more as far as how will the packages work with black fonts.. if even..)
anyways... if any of u guys see something u like... from any kind of theme u saw... let me know.
i'll combine all of them to a single theme, or at least get some ideas about what my rom users like.
thanks.
I really like the looks of your ROMs. The change you made to the messaging highlight definitely helped readability for me. The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the circles background, but it's a minor dislike for me. I actually really like the dark background that OMJ uses, but I don't know if that's something proprietary to his ROMs.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:31 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh, one more thing about the 23534 2012 ROM. I miss the 12 program quick links (only 6 in this ROM), but I know it was just a test ROM, so no biggie.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Oh, one more thing about the 23534 2012 ROM. I miss the 12 program quick links (only 6 in this ROM), but I know it was just a test ROM, so no biggie.
ok... fixed the cam issue... uploading 23534 first and then 28192.
changed to bg4a... so u guys get a black background after flash and can pick which ever background u like after.
added interceptor back to 6.5.x rom...
about the 6 links... there is no mode for new manila yet with more i than 6... i think...
all updates should be up within an hour...

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:23 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam
Quote:
ok... fixed the cam issue... uploading 23534 first and then 28192.
changed to bg4a... so u guys get a black background after flash and can pick which ever background u like after.
added interceptor back to 6.5.x rom...
about the 6 links... there is no mode for new manila yet with more i than 6... i think...
all updates should be up within an hour...
Wow, you rock. I'll download and let you know how it goes.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post
Absolutely love your ROMs! Thank you for your dedication!

Here's a couple of humbly offered ideas...

-Above all else, I am into readability. I've seen very creative backgrounds and themes, but if I have a hard time reading menus and buttons... it's no good.
-I like your black theme, but the shiny portion of the bars sometimes obscures the words or data.
-In your latest ROMs, depending on how you jump into text messaging, you get a different messaging format. I like the very fast and readable normal or non-enhanced messaging with the different colors for the thread on the white background. It's very readable and fast.
- I prefer colored icons for the top status bar on the home page. Since the bar is black, the colors would stand out and give you an instant idea of what's going on. With that in mind, I like the bluetooth icon to be the standard bluetooth symbol with the headphones, if appropriate.
- Just my opinion, but the dialer is a little bland with little to no color.

Just flashed the 21892 2012 20 Feb... Put S2U2 on... seems stable.
thanks for the comments.
not so sure what i would actually wanna change according to your list though...
i really don't know what can be done with the dialer.(maybe give an example)
i probably should make the icons for buttons in manila a little brighter.
the icons on the taskbar... maybe also... a little brighter, but just cuz there is no way im putting the blue ones in.
and i would really like to know where else u think i should make the menus darker... cuz i only saw it as an issue with normal wm menus and such and i fixed that but not within manila.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:31 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Wow, you rock. I'll download and let you know how it goes.
i also added xtask and xhook should run on startup.
if u need to remove it from start up and the setting won't fix it for u,.... just erase it from startup folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:53 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok... sorry guys.. taking a little longer.... its the first time im trying out that xtask thing.... not a good idea to have xhook in startup...
i recooking and uploading... so probably another 30 min.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development