PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackbenjamin View Post
so i installed the other threads android camera works pretty good so whats the status on mms in this build? i know its not listed as not working yet i still never get them on any build i have tried recently at least
MMS outbound works (with the correct carrier settings) but inbound does not work on any carrier AFAIK. Not sure what the exact issue is, but there's a thread dedicated to hashing out issues with MMS.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
LOL never heard of anyone scared by the keyboard bl. You've been thanked for the laugh! Glad you like it .
when you pull your phone out to text in a dark room and are used to not being able to see what keys you are hitting it catches ya off guard lol. i guess thats the price to pay for using froyo more than winmo
Old 01-25-2011, 12:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

MrPib is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
LOL never heard of anyone scared by the keyboard bl.
How about when you're hurtling down the highway at night, steering with your knee and trying not to spill your beer as you try to compose a text? Having no keyboard backlight definitely makes it scarier.

Just kidding!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

akidmtco is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackbenjamin View Post
so i installed the other threads android camera works pretty good so whats the status on mms in this build? i know its not listed as not working yet i still never get them on any build i have tried recently at least
I'd like to get camera working in my FRX04 installation. It works GREAT in FROYO X on a different SD card but fails when I switched to the camera kernel and zimage after FRX04 was installed.

What Did you do to get the camera working here? Thanks!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by akidmtco View Post
I'd like to get camera working in my FRX04 installation. It works GREAT in FROYO X on a different SD card but fails when I switched to the camera kernel and zimage after FRX04 was installed.

Froyo X and FRX04 are two different set ups, but both of them require additional files on top of the kernel. I believe Tiad made changes to his system.ext2 file and only mounted one file with the froyo.conf file while the original "test" kernel required more files. I don't have links handy to the test kernel but if you search around here you'll find it.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akidmtco View Post

Read thru the testing kernel thread, there's three files you have to mount via the froyo.user.conf - libcamera.so, liboemcamera.so and libc.so.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

arrrghhh, I had a chance to test the latest FRX04 updates (I guess there was an error you mentioned that it had the incorrect 3d driver library or something like that when it was first uploaded). Seems pretty solid, smooth and snappy; and best of all, no more flickering with the latest 1253 kernel. However, I still get sluggishness and FCs upon bootup; only way to get rid of them is to do the voicemail dailing trick. Other than that, it's pretty solid. I ran Quadrant (OC'ed at 710Mhz) and can only get a score of 560 (highest) as opposed to 1.12.2011 package that Tiad8 released (I guess he had an unofficial release of ACL's 3d driver and gralloc) in which I can get a score of up to the middle 600's. Gonna test this with viruscrazy's latest camera update and see how it goes.

UPDATE: Just tested viruscrazy's latest camera kernel/library; it works pretty well.

Last edited by ndno; 01-26-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Woohoo, finally registered a score of 649 on my FRX04 distribution I have on my SD card after applying this change: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=2045448
Thanks manekineko! Now everything is as fast as the Jan.12.2011 Tiad8's build. The voicemail dialing trick should take care of the sluggishness or FC's.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

ok guys something interest I have found with FRX04

you now about FRX03 and FRX04 sometimes become very laggy. and then we have to call voicemail. I was doing some testing with frx04.

i was doing crazy stuff, press keys. opening apps like crazy to frx04 because I want to activate that bug I even reboot the phone.

finally, it got laggy, then a called my voice mail. it works like always. you know what i found that issue is with the APN setting. because frx03 and frx04 the apn is already set from the start. and sometimes. when you boot in android that setting get gets busy. that's why when we call voice mail. the call will cut the data that causing this. and the phone will go back to normal.

now this is what I did to FRX04. I implement my stuff in it.
CAMERA
APN. but you have to do it yourself
3D STUFF
APPS
ETC......

THE LAGGINESS IS NO MORE. I TEST THAT BABY LIKE CRAZY. IT A BEAST NOW
I REBOOT BACK AND FORTH 10 TIMES. CALLS, OPEN APPS LIKE CRAZY. NO MORE LAGGINESS. NO MORE

YES YOU HAVE TO DO MY FIRST BOOT SETTING. MAKE SURE NOT TO USE ANBOOT. LIKE I ALWAYS SAID I DON'T USE ANBOOT.

NEOCORE 19.8-20.6 NO O/C QUADRANT 660

I DON'T WANT TO POST THIS TILL I GET PERMISSION FROM OTHER DEVS.

THANKS

Last edited by tiad8; 01-27-2011 at 02:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:15 AM
VIP Member

OK, I got an all-in-one FRX04 package with the 1253 kernel OCed at 710Mhz if anyone wants to try out. This is not "my work"; it's a mere attempt at putting the pieces together from XDAndroid so that you can download a single one-in-all package for easier installation; the .cab and .rar install mentioned in the 1st post has been kinda hit and miss lately (for example the cab doesn't work and the install may be outdated as there are the recent fixes/updates). This setup resides in the "andboot.frx04" folder and is setup based on that folder so don't rename it. Here's the link: andboot.frx04.02102011.7z

Here are the simple instructions for the package I uploaded:
  1. Download andboot.frx04.02102011.7z to temporary folder on your PC
  2. Extract it; it will contain the folder "andboot.frx04"
  3. Copy the "andboot.frx04" folder to your SD card
  4. In WinMo, navigate to the "andboot.frx04" folder and run haret.exe
  5. Be patient on the first boot and let it settle a few minutes when you see the slider or home screen.
  6. Open Spare Parts and change End button behavior to go to home
  7. Goto to Settings - Call setting and set up your voice mail number, make a test voicemail call
  8. Goto Settings - Sound. Test the volume settings, test phone ringtones and notification ringtone
  9. Goto Settings - Display-Brightness. Select Auto to save battery
  10. Goto Settings - Applications- Enable unknown sources
  11. Goto Settings - Setting account & sync and add your gmail account. Let the phone sync. Do not touch. Wait for green light
  12. Launch the Market and let it download updates to the existings Google apps and install them; don't not touch until are updates have been installed. NOTE: it will be very very sluggish during this initial update, just relax and let it finish before attempting to use it.
  13. You're now good to go. If you have stability issues, you can remove the overclock setting in STARTUP.TXT; just remove the string "acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800".

UPDATE: 2/10/2011 - Updated package with 2/10/2011 XDAndroid rootfs.img (system_server bug fix); updated with viruscrazy 2/7/2011 camera libs/kernel (optional switch).
UPDATE - camera setup not working yet - I need to figure this out and update the package.
UPDATE again - Finally got the latest camera library (2/7) to work but only with the older kernel (1/23) that viruscrazy released; can't get his new kernel (2/7) to work; the package has been updated with the working version.

UPDATE: I just added viruscrazy's 02/07/2011 latest test camera kernel/library to the all-in-one package. It's not active at all but if you want to try it (remember this is just a test kernel so it won't be as fast or stable as the 1253 kernel above), just follow these instructions:
  1. Do the setup above first to get everything stable and solid
  2. Boot back into WinMo and use Total Commander to go to the "andboot.frx04" folder and do the following:
    • Rename startup.txt to startup.1253.txt
    • Rename startup.camera.txt to startup.txt
    • Rename conf/froyo.user.conf to conf/froyo.user.conf.1253
    • Rename conf/froyo.user.conf.camera to conf/froyo.user.conf
  3. Run haret.exe under "andboot.frx04" folder and you now have camera capability (use the Vignette software)

@Tiad8, I borrowed a few APKs (Vignette, TitaniumBackup, Angry Birds) from one of your system.ext2. Hope you don't mind

This package is not as fast as the Froyo X distribution by Tiad8 but it's almost there and is pure FRX04 based. It's pretty stable and responsive.

NOTE: Again, the package is tailored for Sprint so adjust the STARTUP.TXT for your carrier.

Last edited by ndno; 02-13-2011 at 04:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps