PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Hello,

I am a bit new at this and just did my first ROM flash,but wanted to try Android also.

I downloaded ProjectAndroid2.2Froyo.121610 and installed it to my storage card. SIM card out and no overclocking. I believe I am a Rhod400 with Sprint.

I get the android flash screen and animation, but no more. Reinstalled once. Suggestions?

I appear to be rather dead in the water...
Try backing up the entire card, reformat it, then reinstall Android. Double check your startup file for the correct entries. Yes, a Sprint TP2 is a rhod400.

Are you overclocking? Try booting Android without overclocking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Try backing up the entire card, reformat it, then reinstall Android. Double check your startup file for the correct entries. Yes, a Sprint TP2 is a rhod400.

Are you overclocking? Try booting Android without overclocking.
Thanks. I read a bit and cut out the overclocking, so doubt that is the problem... initial screen just comes up and runs and runs and runs.... I have an old 4GB card from my 6800 days and can reformat it (FAT32 I believe) and try again. I believe all my overclocking stuff sits on the storage card, so if I take it out should be definite solution to avoiding that. I'll report back.

I want to see how Android runs since my next phone is likely to be Android unless they do major surgery on Windows Phone 7.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Once you get the basic package running, install the 3D drivers by tiad8. Made a huge difference in the way Android runs.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

darylrue is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks. I read a bit and cut out the overclocking, so doubt that is the problem... initial screen just comes up and runs and runs and runs.... I have an old 4GB card from my 6800 days and can reformat it (FAT32 I believe) and try again. I believe all my overclocking stuff sits on the storage card, so if I take it out should be definite solution to avoiding that. I'll report back.

I want to see how Android runs since my next phone is likely to be Android unless they do major surgery on Windows Phone 7.
Ok, here is what I did to get mine to finally work with a good amount of stability. Any other way I tried did not work and I tried several ways.

1. uninstall and remove all android file references from storage card (no class 10).
2. Install from this thread link.
3. Copy new zimage and module files from xda-forums for 12-25 under TP2.
4. Launch using haret.exe give it as much time as it needs to load or crash or whatever.
5. Reboot launch using startup utility, only check rhod400 and force cdma. give it a long time after startup before dinking with it.

you now have working android that is fairly stable. I tried other ways and recieved many errors, lockups, reboots, etc...

I think I might try the 3d drivers again but maybe not since everthing is working ok except exchange email from 1 account (calendar is syncing though) and I hate to have to reload everything. Good luck.

Feel free to email me and I can email you the 2 files right away. email darylrue@gmail.com . Good luck. Hope the above instructions work for you and it is not just me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
Ok, here is what I did to get mine to finally work with a good amount of stability. Any other way I tried did not work and I tried several ways.

1. uninstall and remove all android file references from storage card (no class 10).
2. Install from this thread link.
3. Copy new zimage and module files from xda-forums for 12-25 under TP2.
4. Launch using haret.exe give it as much time as it needs to load or crash or whatever.
5. Reboot launch using startup utility, only check rhod400 and force cdma. give it a long time after startup before dinking with it.

you now have working android that is fairly stable. I tried other ways and recieved many errors, lockups, reboots, etc...

I think I might try the 3d drivers again but maybe not since everthing is working ok except exchange email from 1 account (calendar is syncing though) and I hate to have to reload everything. Good luck.

Feel free to email me and I can email you the 2 files right away. email darylrue@gmail.com . Good luck. Hope the above instructions work for you and it is not just me.
I appreciate the offer of help, but I bagged the try from the .cab and am trying the .rar now. I hung for 5 minutes on a message that I needed the roofile system unzipped... then it took off again. But looks like it is hung.

I looked in the files and there is a rootfs.img. I'll see what that does.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I appreciate the offer of help, but I bagged the try from the .cab and am trying the .rar now. I hung for 5 minutes on a message that I needed the roofile system unzipped... then it took off again. But looks like it is hung.

I looked in the files and there is a rootfs.img. I'll see what that does.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2026890-post29.html
Old 12-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Thanks. Am up and running. Did not realize the root file system folder had to be moved. Now next thing is to get the phone/data to work, then on to gmail and see how that works.

Note: Got the phone working editing the CDMA = 1 not 0 in startup

Gmail also working,

People may not be familiar with the refeence on synching Outlook and Gmail components:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by jerryyyyy; 12-30-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

jlpatte2 is a n00b

Just got around to trying to play with fxr03 and (also tiad's mods) and they both seem horribly nearly uselessly slow. I had previously had success using blazin2.2 from september as an basically usably quick system, any ideas what I should be looking at to understand the root of my slow speeds?

Update:
So it appears that the android startup utility had checked "HW3D" and that that was causing my insane slow issues; is this option not neccesary to make use of the newer 3d driver sets?

PS I don't intend to bash, I was just legitimately confused why it seemed like things had slowed down so much... This project is defintely doing great stuff, and it feels like I will have support on my "old" phone much past any life winmo was going to give it. Thanks All!

Last edited by jlpatte2; 12-31-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpatte2 View Post
Just got around to trying to play with fxr03 and (also tiad's mods) and they both seem horribly nearly uselessly slow. I had previously had success using blazin2.2 from september as an basically usably quick system, and ideas what I should be looking at to understand the root of my slow speeds?
Have to say I agree with you with only 12h experience. I guess this proves the point you can get Android up and running on a TP2, but it is too slow to be useful. Maybe we are missing something. My build is in my signature. I did not OC the Android build. This is all a bit tricky interacting with the Windows Mobile OCing.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpatte2 View Post
Just got around to trying to play with fxr03 and (also tiad's mods) and they both seem horribly nearly uselessly slow. I had previously had success using blazin2.2 from september as an basically usably quick system, and ideas what I should be looking at to understand the root of my slow speeds?
I have been using FRX03 + a handful of tweeks (from TIAD8 and ACL) for the past month or so, including zImage (1245), 12/20 gralloc, 11/30 gLIB, ...

Not every tweek is compatible with every zImage, module, application, configuration setting.

Here's one suggestion: if you are using Advanced Task Killer, remove it and chose a different Task Manager. Additionally, after removing ATK, reboot into Haret without overclocking.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps