PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 AM
bikr

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
lol.... start sending money so the guys can focus on your stuff as opposed to their regular jobs before you start making demands about progress lol
On the flipside, if you're a contributor and receive a donation, the least you could do is send a "thank you" to those making donations. It could even be an automated reply, but it's just common courtesy to say thanks when someone gives you money when they don't have to.

Not to mention, it's nice confirmation that the transaction did indeed go through.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Android started freezing up on me during the boot logo. Did it three times in a row now. Time to wipe the SD and start over?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
Android started freezing up on me during the boot logo. Did it three times in a row now. Time to wipe the SD and start over?
I would try less drastic things first, such as figure out if something changed that may be causing it, or wiping the data.img off first and see if that fixes it. Many times when mine gets a little funky it just takes a new data.img to get it working right again.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

For all those complaining about Bluetooth. Gingerbread has a new bluetooth stack.

If we are to get Gingerbread to work once AOSP has the source, I suggest it wait so work isn't repeated. The new stack is a newer version of BlueZ. My it is more a common linux bluetooth stack than an android specific one. Might be easier to get it working.

Also listed on the AOSP FAQ is this
Q. What is needed for Bluetooth 2.1 and Simple Pairing support?
A. We need to move to a Bluez 4.x version.

TP2 is spec'd for 2.1 + EDR.

Last edited by coolsilver; 12-13-2010 at 05:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
For all those complaining about Bluetooth. Gingerbread has a new bluetooth stack.

If we are to get Gingerbread to work once AOSP has the source, I suggest it wait so work isn't repeated. The new stack is a newer version of BlueZ. My it is more a common linux bluetooth stack than an android specific one. Might be easier to get it working.

Also listed on the AOSP FAQ is this
Q. What is needed for Bluetooth 2.1 and Simple Pairing support?
A. We need to move to a Bluez 4.x version.

TP2 is spec'd for 2.1 + EDR.
Sounds like smart logic to me... except for who knows how long before we get a taste of gingerbread on our TP2's...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
So I have another question regarding the 1gb data.img hack. Does this work with xandroid? I wanna try it, my apps need some breathing room lol. Something about it makes me nervous....but if it works I'll make a run at it!

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
So I have another question regarding the 1gb data.img hack. Does this work with xandroid? I wanna try it, my apps need some breathing room lol. Something about it makes me nervous....but if it works I'll make a run at it!

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Hey i have tried it and it works flawlessly. It is very nice have 1gb storage for apps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey i have tried it and it works flawlessly. It is very nice have 1gb storage for apps.
You've been thanked, that's all I needed for the greenlight. Was it difficult? When I first tried xandroid (back in June/July) the steps for the 1gb data.img over on looked kinda confusing. You have a link to better info or the steps you used?
Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here is the link i used and it was very easy to use.
[APP] Windows: Create Your Own Data.img Maker Application, +/- From Existing data.img - xda-developers

If you have any problems just let me know.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Post Master General

AWESOME! That's definitely not the thread I saw over there before. Thanks mate.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps