PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Fellas I took advantage of the $99 evo deal from radio shack on friday...so I guess that means I'm moving on to the next forum. (man, I'm sweating this is worse than breaking up with a chick lol)

I wanna thank all the devs and users in this thread for the support, effort, & sense of community that we've fostered here! The progress has truly been amazing.

Without your trailblazing spirit I never would have enjoyed the android experience on my phone.

Happy new years to all!

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

when using oc_auot4.2, there is a safe speed and duration that will let you run the stock speed to give you enough time to boot android.
OK, if it works for you, will give it a shot at most conservative settings. Edit: yes, it does work. I guess I need to reset to these settings if I want to use Android.

Last edited by jerryyyyy; 01-01-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

My settings are:
Safe Speed enabled - Stock Speed
Duration - 100000 (100 seconds)
Current Speed - your overclock
Throttled Speed - 604
Poll Interval - 1000

Works like a charm and gives me time to boot haret before the overclock kicks in.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I get it. You reboot WinMo and these setting delay WinMo OCing long enough to start up Haret/Android. Works fine.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Exactly!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

khowe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

What fishingmedic said was right on the money. If you are experiencing a slow or laggy android, you've done something wrong. The basic package should work reasonably well without adding the latest kernal. I am currently running the 3D package verbatim from tiad8 with great success. Didn't mess with the startup text, module, zimage or drivers as he put them together and this thing flies and has great battery life. I would say try again. Android is a little tricky, but has progressed to the point where it can almost be used on a daily basis.
I've noticed slow/laggy Android when I try using the "battery trick", or whenever I boot into Android with the phone plugged into charger (not sure if this is documented with this build, or just my personal experience). It occasionally will be slow with a boot when the chargers not plugged in, but if i retry it once (or maybe twice) it goes back to running smooth as silk. To anyone noticing a laggy experience (that have done everything that's been suggested as far as trying an untweeked version and not O/C), I would suggest a couple simple reboots into Android to see if that solves the problem.

I love this build and all the work you guys have done. Thanks a million, and thanks to ndno for putting it into the all-in-one package.

To prevent having to reboot into Android every morning, it would be convenient to leave it charging in Android all night. Is this safe to do?
Old 01-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Almost a VIP

No issues keeping android charging overnight.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

Im using gingerbread alpha yassssssssssssssssssss pure awesome.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpatte2 View Post
Just got around to trying to play with fxr03 and (also tiad's mods) and they both seem horribly nearly uselessly slow. I had previously had success using blazin2.2 from september as an basically usably quick system, any ideas what I should be looking at to understand the root of my slow speeds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Have to say I agree with you with only 12h experience. I guess this proves the point you can get Android up and running on a TP2, but it is too slow to be useful. Maybe we are missing something. My build is in my signature. I did not OC the Android build. This is all a bit tricky interacting with the Windows Mobile OCing.
FYI, it sounds very much like you two are running into the system process choking the CPU bug that is very common these days. If your build is running significantly less smooth than tiad8's video, this is most likely what's going on:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...x03-tiad8.html

There's a bug that's causing the system process to randomly consume all of the CPU on boot, slowing Android to a crawl. This only happens some of the time, and it's unclear what is causing it, but the devs are aware of the issue and looking into it. It can usually be fixed by making a call to any number, voicemail is an easy one. Alternatively, using Dev Tools => Bad Behavior => crash the system server also usually fixes it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

khowe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
FYI, it sounds very much like you two are running into the system process choking the CPU bug that is very common these days. If your build is running significantly less smooth than tiad8's video, this is most likely what's going on:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...x03-tiad8.html

There's a bug that's causing the system process to randomly consume all of the CPU on boot, slowing Android to a crawl. This only happens some of the time, and it's unclear what is causing it, but the devs are aware of the issue and looking into it. It can usually be fixed by making a call to any number, voicemail is an easy one. Alternatively, using Dev Tools => Bad Behavior => crash the system server also usually fixes it.
Opening and closing Google Maps seems to work, as well.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps