PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Help - any suggestions on getting my Android to work without deleting my data.img and starting from scratch? When I boot into Android, I get multiple error messages after I get to the lock screen:

"The application LauncherPro (process.android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." - with a "Force Close" button. No matter how many times I force close, I get force close errors with every other app (gmail, groupon, etc.). I can however look at my email through the task bar.

Is there any way to recover without deleting data.img?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Help - any suggestions on getting my Android to work without deleting my data.img and starting from scratch? When I boot into Android, I get multiple error messages after I get to the lock screen:

"The application LauncherPro (process.android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." - with a "Force Close" button. No matter how many times I force close, I get force close errors with every other app (gmail, groupon, etc.). I can however look at my email through the task bar.

Is there any way to recover without deleting data.img?
Probably not. I'd at least rename the data.img to see if you can boot correctly.

Keep in mind this is for testing - it's not meant to replace WinMo, so data loss is a very high probability. Hence the reason I don't customize my builds too much - too much work undone

Titanium Backup helps with the apps and the data within them, but widgets and other customizations are not saved.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2, Apache (still working great)
Carrier: ALL SERO, ALL THE TIME with android

EJFudd is a n00b

Just keep up the great work. Making slow progress is still progress!!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

And don't be afraid to delete your data.img file. Even without Titanium backup, it only takes a bit of time to get back to where you were. But with Titanium, it is not any trouble at all.

I only say this because clinging on to an old possibily messed up data.img file is just asking for trouble. The builds are coming really fast right now, and there is no point even loading up a bunch of stuff that you really care about. Because in a few days you might have to wipe the whole phone clean again anyway. This only happens because we are making progress and testing out the new builds. And normally the benefit of the new files, such as keyboard backlight, easily out weighs the troubles of setting up the phone again.

And a bad data.img file seems to cause all those random force errors and such for me. More so with ADW. It gets hung up quite easy for me. And like Arrgghhh said, just rename your data.img and if your phone boots up fine, you know your problem was the data.img fle. Delete it to save space.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Hi, guys
i just writing this little notes for everyone.

first of all, i just want to say thank you, to all the DEVs and all people on xda,ppcGeeks and neopeek, for the great job with this builds.

guys. my time has come to say goodbye. yesterday my wife got me an EVO for my birthday. i'll check the forum from time to time.

i'm working on two final builds right know. it going to be ready in about a week or two. 1- Gingerbread 2- SUPER FRX03.

GINGERBREAD. I KNOW IT THE NEW 2.3. IM TRYING TO MAKE IT STABLE, IM GETTING THERE.

SUPER FRX03. THAT THE NEW NAME FOR THIS BUILD, CUZ IT VERY FAST AND VERY STABLE, GETTING 19.8-20.1 ON NEOCORE
NO O/C. IT AMAZING. YES NO O/C JUST STOCK. I DID A LITTLE MOD ON
THIS BUILD. IT NOT READY YET.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE. AND GOOD BLESS

THANKS
Old 01-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Congrats on the new phone! Thanks for all of your help on the 3d side of things. The project will miss your skills for sure.

Maybe you will get bored with a perfectly working phone and Gingerbread will keep you interested longer then you think? lol....
Old 01-05-2011, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

khowe is just getting started

Thanks for all the work you did tiad.

On a side note: I've been getting the black screen that I can't get to go away (phone wont go back to Android). Anything I can change in the startup code to fix this? I know it has to deal with pm.sleep=2, will changing it to 1 help?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

TIAD8 - Happy Birthday. What will we do without you
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w

mtnbkr is a n00b

I installed the cab from the first page of the post "ProjectAndroid2.2...." and it worked. However, I then updated on the boot screen and now it is horrible. How do I either fix what I have or revert to the older version? Thanks.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
I installed the cab from the first page of the post "ProjectAndroid2.2...." and it worked. However, I then updated on the boot screen and now it is horrible. How do I either fix what I have or revert to the older version? Thanks.
Horrible in what way? Keep in mind the auto-update feature is now very, very behind in terms of what's been committed and what is available in the update tool.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps