View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
steveholtam
Regular 'Geeker

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

And don't be afraid to delete your data.img file. Even without Titanium backup, it only takes a bit of time to get back to where you were. But with Titanium, it is not any trouble at all.

I only say this because clinging on to an old possibily messed up data.img file is just asking for trouble. The builds are coming really fast right now, and there is no point even loading up a bunch of stuff that you really care about. Because in a few days you might have to wipe the whole phone clean again anyway. This only happens because we are making progress and testing out the new builds. And normally the benefit of the new files, such as keyboard backlight, easily out weighs the troubles of setting up the phone again.

And a bad data.img file seems to cause all those random force errors and such for me. More so with ADW. It gets hung up quite easy for me. And like Arrgghhh said, just rename your data.img and if your phone boots up fine, you know your problem was the data.img fle. Delete it to save space.