PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w
Carrier: Sprint

mtnbkr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Horrible in what way? Keep in mind the auto-update feature is now very, very behind in terms of what's been committed and what is available in the update tool.
It's really really slow now where as before it was usable. I also am stuck in landscape mode. I don't want to have to reload the cab but I can if needed.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
It's really really slow now where as before it was usable. I also am stuck in landscape mode. I don't want to have to reload the cab but I can if needed.
Shouldn't need to. Probably due to that nasty system_server bug - basically steals all available proc cycles, slowing the phone to a crawl.

It's kinda funny, but call your voicemail. It'll clear up.

Some also say going to places/maps fixes it as well. Doesn't always with me, but calling vm always does for me. Odd bug indeed, devs are tryin to track it down.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Sorry for the x-post (and doublepost), but camera is now working for our RHOD's!! (yea, I figured that was worth it )

Check out the thread over here.

Certainly not committed yet, but it does work. I have a CDMA RHOD(400) and it didn't need that board command, but the phone did lock up after taking a pic. I rebooted and put the command in, now I'm able to snap pics without any lockup.

Proof!

This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

I can't wait for this to all come together! The next update is going to be HUGE!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 EnrgyRom
Carrier: Cricket MMS, WAP, Youtube

1eyebandit is just getting started

I have a Sprint TP2 running NRG latest Rom Dec 27th, I installed the FRX03 .cab, I have ran the haret.exe, as well as the dual boot utility, but my phone always hangs/freezes. It get to the first screen with the slide to unlock at the top it say no service, with the service kicks in phone freezes. Can someone lend me a hand?

Thanks,
Old 01-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyebandit View Post
I have a Sprint TP2 running NRG latest Rom Dec 27th, I installed the FRX03 .cab, I have ran the haret.exe, as well as the dual boot utility, but my phone always hangs/freezes. It get to the first screen with the slide to unlock at the top it say no service, with the service kicks in phone freezes. Can someone lend me a hand?

Thanks,
Hrm... I'd grab the latest bundle here, and start fresh. Just extract everything to the root of your SD card. Try using just haret, let's put the dual-boot utility off to the side for the time being. Once we get it up & running for you, then you can add more onto it like that dual-boot tool.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w

mtnbkr is a n00b

Quote:
Shouldn't need to. Probably due to that nasty system_server bug - basically steals all available proc cycles, slowing the phone to a crawl.

It's kinda funny, but call your voicemail. It'll clear up.

Some also say going to places/maps fixes it as well. Doesn't always with me, but calling vm always does for me. Odd bug indeed, devs are tryin to track it down.

I forgot to mention that I have no service while running the new version. Someone else's post reminded me.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
I forgot to mention that I have no service while running the new version. Someone else's post reminded me.
force_cdma setting in the startup.txt...? C'mon man, read the FAQ, or at the very least the first 3 posts...
Old 01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Sorry for the x-post (and doublepost), but camera is now working for our RHOD's!! (yea, I figured that was worth it )

Check out the thread over here.

Certainly not committed yet, but it does work. I have a CDMA RHOD(400) and it didn't need that board command, but the phone did lock up after taking a pic. I rebooted and put the command in, now I'm able to snap pics without any lockup.
Big, big news!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community
Oh man.this is getting good. take a look. My first picture

SUPER FRX03/SPRINT TOUCH PRO 2/RHOD

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps