PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones View Post
This is a little off topic lol but i now have ubuntu on my tp2 also and i was wondering does ubuntu use the same kernals we use for project android? meaning i can use the lastest more stable ones??? if so wow...and if u havent tried ubuntu i highly suggest you do.
There's a Rhodbuntu thread over @ XDA if you want to chat about that.

With that said, our kernels are fully compatible with it. We actually have to do quite a bit of work to ensure the kernel we push is still compatible with what they're doing on Ubuntu. Not my bag, but it's cool that you can do it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:38 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

@2phones: I tried it on mine and yes it was sweet but it screwed up my windows side of the phone. It pretty much said i had 8.34kb of internal storage left when i looked. when i really have over 120mb free. just beware of that!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 11-02-2010, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

So I tried the rename data.img trick and sure enough gmail would send emails out. No idea why.

Now I am trying to install the Reference build from 110110 and as soon as I click on it to install it from total commander I get an unsuccessful install error. I even tried to download the cab again with no luck. I deleted the entire andboot folder off my card.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone have any information on getting the 3.5mm headset to work? Just so we are clear, not pressuring, just asking to see if anyone has any idea where its at.
Thanks.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmaverick View Post
Anyone have any information on getting the 3.5mm headset to work? Just so we are clear, not pressuring, just asking to see if anyone has any idea where its at.
No worries, but no progress thus far. Since only the CDMA phones have the 3.5mm jack, it's not going to be a very high priority unfortunately. I keep tryin to poke the devs to take another look at it now&then tho. Have you seen the workaround? It's not pretty, and it breaks all other audio.

Speakin of which, I never followed back up on this. Someone said it was working with the extUSB thingy, which I haven't thought about tracking down. Bah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
So I tried the rename data.img trick and sure enough gmail would send emails out. No idea why.

Now I am trying to install the Reference build from 110110 and as soon as I click on it to install it from total commander I get an unsuccessful install error. I even tried to download the cab again with no luck. I deleted the entire andboot folder off my card.
Data.img's get messed up for all sorts of mysterious reasons, and break in mysterious ways...

With that said, don't use the cab. They're awful. Just extract the rar... Much easier IMHO and MUCH faster
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I will take a look at this tomorrow as well. I may be willing to create kernels with the old mappings on occasions when there are large, tangible updates. As long as I get the process ironed out, I don't mind keeping them updated for people. Just need to do some testing first.
OK, for those who really need the old mappings, I created a new kernel based on the latest one with that one button mapping change reverted. I will do this for you guys as I have time and when I feel like it, lol. I have given directions in the thread about the new button mappings on how to compile the latest kernel with the button mapping change reverted, so you can easily do it yourself if I don't update them frequently enough for you.

Also, don't worry about the -dirty tag on the end of the modules. They are there because I reverted the button mapping change, and you have to leave that on the file name, or it will not find and install the drivers

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/test2.zip
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i don't want to be an ******* and complain, but why is there another new reference build and no blazin? lol
Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hyperfire21 is just getting started

Did anyone get skype to login with these builds?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
i don't want to be an ******* and complain, but why is there another new reference build and no blazin? lol
Reefer I think is swamped with playing around on his GalaxyS. I'd like to learn from the master on exactly what he does, and I may try to takeover makin the BLAZN builds for him. No promises, just something I'd like to get into
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Lurker
Carrier: USCC

viperlox is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
OK, for those who really need the old mappings, I created a new kernel based on the latest one with that one button mapping change reverted. I will do this for you guys as I have time and when I feel like it, lol. I have given directions in the thread about the new button mappings on how to compile the latest kernel with the button mapping change reverted, so you can easily do it yourself if I don't update them frequently enough for you.

Also, don't worry about the -dirty tag on the end of the modules. They are there because I reverted the button mapping change, and you have to leave that on the file name, or it will not find and install the drivers

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/test2.zip

Thank you natemcnutty. Im sure many will appreciate your effort, and now i can learn how to do it myself.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps