PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Let's be more methodical about this. adb into the phone as soon as you can and look at top to see what the proc is doing.

On my first boot, system_server was not an issue - which is great. However, a couple of other processes were hogging most of the phone's resources - [mmcqd] and a media process. This was my first boot of your build however. Going for #2 now...

I do think you're onto something - WisTilt2 seems to think something is looping in the RIL, so a bad APN would be along those lines.

Bah, second boot system_server is pegging. Oh well, it was a nice thought.
OK, never mind... I re-take it back a second and I stand on what I said about the sluggishness/FCs originally. It's working for me with the 1253 kernel. No sluggishness, no FCs. It's when I switch to viruscrazy's camera kernel/libraries that I get sluggishness and FCs. So yay, the APN seems to fix the issue when using the 1253 kernel. Just try using the 1253 kernel with the Sprint APN settings I posted above.

Sorry but I have no clue as to the relationship between sluggishness and the system_server pegging. I need to find some time to get the XDandroid development system set up and learn more about it. ADB sounds like a front end to a GDB client on the PC communicating to the GDB server on the TP2.

Last edited by ndno; 01-27-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
OK, never mind... I re-take it back a second and I stand on what I said about the sluggishness/FCs originally. It's working for me with the 1253 kernel. No sluggishness, no FCs. It's when I switch to viruscrazy's camera kernel/libraries that I get sluggishness and FCs. So yay, the APN seems to fix the issue when using the 1253 kernel. Just try using the 1253 kernel with the Sprint APN settings I posted above.

Sorry but I have no clue as to the relationship between sluggishness and the system_server pegging. I need to find some time to get the XDandroid development system set up and learn more about it. ADB sounds like a front end to a GDB client on the PC communicating to the GDB server on the TP2.
adb is just the Android Debugging Bridge. Very useful for pulling dmesg/logcat logs, and looking at the phone directly thru a shell prompt.

I still get sluggishness/FC's with the 1253 kernel and your bundle. WisTilt2 thinks something is looping in the RIL code... he's having his radio guru look at it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

It wasn't horrible, just a little sluggish, but I was also being impatient trying to work and set it up in between trying to shovel out yet again. I really need to figure out who pissed off Mother Nature up here in the North East. I'm trying to find a giant freaking Midol pill to shove down her throat cuz I'm damn near done with this snow crap!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
It wasn't horrible, just a little sluggish, but I was also being impatient trying to work and set it up in between trying to shovel out yet again. I really need to figure out who pissed off Mother Nature up here in the North East. I'm trying to find a giant freaking Midol pill to shove down her throat cuz I'm damn near done with this snow crap!!!
lol, send some my way! It's 50 degrees here in Denver, they're predicting 63 for tomorrow!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
lol, send some my way! It's 50 degrees here in Denver, they're predicting 63 for tomorrow!!!
I would love to, this is insane. And I love the snow and Winter, but I give up... I've got piles on the side of my driveway that are over 6 feet high, hell some are 8! My snow blower can't get over the top of them. Although that would be a nice place to toss the wife until spring... hmmmm......
Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
OK, I got an all-in-one FRX04 package with the 1253 kernel OCed at 710Mhz if anyone wants to try out.
Man, even on a completely clean boot I only get 550 on Quadrant using your package, and after setting up accounts and installing all the basic Google apps I'm down to around 490-500.

Never seen anything close to the 600+ people are getting. Maybe my SD card sucks.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

youre in denver?? lol such a small world i guess
Old 01-28-2011, 01:11 AM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I would love to, this is insane. And I love the snow and Winter, but I give up... I've got piles on the side of my driveway that are over 6 feet high, hell some are 8! My snow blower can't get over the top of them. Although that would be a nice place to toss the wife until spring... hmmmm......
Fish, sorry about the weather in your area. It's a "cool" 72 here in Southern California.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:13 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Man, even on a completely clean boot I only get 550 on Quadrant using your package, and after setting up accounts and installing all the basic Google apps I'm down to around 490-500.

Never seen anything close to the 600+ people are getting. Maybe my SD card sucks.
Use TasKiller to kill most of the apps before running. I have to run it several times to register a good score.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:19 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
adb is just the Android Debugging Bridge. Very useful for pulling dmesg/logcat logs, and looking at the phone directly thru a shell prompt.

I still get sluggishness/FC's with the 1253 kernel and your bundle. WisTilt2 thinks something is looping in the RIL code... he's having his radio guru look at it.
My setup is running good now No more sluggishness/FCs. I'm not sure if this is the solution but this is what I did: after booting up for the first time using the FRX04/1253 bundle I created, I just set up my voicemail number and gmail account and let everything sync up; then I opened Market and let all the updates (gmail, google map, google voice, etc) download and install completely; I then downloaded the Zeam launcher and use it as the default launcher. Now whenever I boot up again, I don't get any sluggishness or even FCs... I don't even wait to let it settle down, as soon as I see the clock updates with the correct time and the Sprint network is available, I slide to unlock and it just works with fast speed and smoothness.

I'm going to update the bundle to include all the latest Market download updates as well as the Zeam launcher in the system.ext2 image; hopefully it will install them on the first boot so Market doesn't have to download them.

Last edited by ndno; 01-28-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps