PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Sorry guys I wasn't home all day and didn't see the bad kernel!! I have gone back to the first 10.09 kernel instead of the newest that has issues.

Run the update tool for 9.2 update.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Update app is crashing during the extraction phase. Went to folder where upgrade.zip was to try a manual extraction and keep getting CRC errors. Tried multiple downloads to rule out bad connection causing the errors. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Deleted upgrade.zip and retried the process no issues.

Last edited by 123sit; 10-10-2010 at 12:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

Everything I read says the wifi tethering is working. I am running the latest kernal. I cant seem to get it to work. I downloaded the XDA tethering apk and am having no luck. When I start tethering it says it started with errors check the log. Then my laptop will not find the network. Am I missing a setting or something. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
Everything I read says the wifi tethering is working. I am running the latest kernal. I cant seem to get it to work. I downloaded the XDA tethering apk and am having no luck. When I start tethering it says it started with errors check the log. Then my laptop will not find the network. Am I missing a setting or something. Thanks.
Is your wifi connecting...or just can not tether...as I am having similar issues connecting to wifi with my Verizon TP RHOD500 on current kernel???
Old 10-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jeffgarret is a n00b

I have never used the XDA wifi tethering but the Barnace app in the market works beautifully. Not sure it is safe from a data usage standpoint but the verizon data usage app records the data use along with all of data use on the phone itself so it seems to be okay.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

After yesterday's bad kernal problem, I went back to Blazn092810 cab and started over. Everything is working very good, but I lost a bunch of ringtones. They were there previously. How would I get those back? (tia)
Old 10-10-2010, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
Update app is crashing during the extraction phase. Went to folder where upgrade.zip was to try a manual extraction and keep getting CRC errors. Tried multiple downloads to rule out bad connection causing the errors. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Deleted upgrade.zip and retried the process no issues.

Been having crashes in the program today; bad Crc Errors in modules.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Sorry guys I wasn't home all day and didn't see the bad kernel!! I have gone back to the first 10.09 kernel instead of the newest that has issues.

Run the update tool for 9.2 update.

I did the same and things seem to be running much better. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HEARING ABOUT ALL THE NEW PROBLEMS I have stuck with the 9/28 version and havn't updated everything is working great.

Now only if the 3.5mm jack could work I could listen to pandora while working out!!!

How far is this from being solved Reefermattness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
After yesterday's bad kernal problem, I went back to Blazn092810 cab and started over. Everything is working very good, but I lost a bunch of ringtones. They were there previously. How would I get those back? (tia)
If you have the files have you tried putting them in storage card/andboot/media/audio/ notifications?

What package where you running before? maybe extract it and save it then copy to the 9/28 version.

Other then that not sure.

_____________________-

Question guys. How come It always takes forever for my location to be found. It never gets found!

I have to force a location for fancy widget to work and forget about navigation!!

I have Gps location working, Have wifi locations working and Im sure something else dont remember.

Can anyone tell me how to get this to work properly? What is the difference between all these locators and which one SHOULD I be using for my location to work?

Thanks guys and will thank all who help.

Im also experiencing some serious battery drain. I have 100% charge then about 3 hours later its completly drained!!!

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 10-10-2010 at 03:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

2010_10_10 Kernel update available for update tool! Fixes the shutdown for Rhodium on boot.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps