PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 08:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint-SERO

googs185 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Awesome thanks! So should I have extracted to a folder on the sd card or straight to it?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by googs185 View Post
Awesome thanks! So should I have extracted to a folder on the sd card or straight to it?
Usually easiest to put it at the root of the SD - if you put it in a folder, name the folder 'andboot'. Otherwise you'll have to adjust the rel_path value in the startup as well.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Will do thanks

EDIT: Tried it and it gives me NO DEVICE FOUND. I also checked the debugging. Not working

In reference, Is there a way with one button to go back to HOME SCREEN? or is there a way to see what apps are running so i can multitask?
You can use the home button patch here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...xdandroid.html
Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 PM
N00b

It seems that this is a common error in haret and may relate to why it won't boot: "there are differences in the boot sector and its backup"
Old 11-09-2010, 08:27 PM
N00b

Also: kernel panic, not syncing, fatal exception, rebooting in 7 seconds.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:32 PM
N00b

Could someone link me to what startup.txt should exactly look like for touch pro 2 on sprint?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Could someone link me to what startup.txt should exactly look like for touch pro 2 on sprint?
Quote:
Also: kernel panic, not syncing, fatal exception, rebooting in 7 seconds.
Quote:
It seems that this is a common error in haret and may relate to why it won't boot: "there are differences in the boot sector and its backup"
Ok, I know you're new but don't just keep making new posts... edit your last post.

With that out of the way, here's my startup...

Code:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off force_cdma=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 hw3d.force=1 physkeyboard=rhod400 rel_path=andboot"
boot
Took out my custom crap, that should be all you need to boot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:26 PM
N00b

Thanks a lot and sorry about that! Also, what do you think about those errors I keep getting?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko
Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Will do thanks

EDIT: Tried it and it gives me NO DEVICE FOUND. I also checked the debugging. Not working

In reference, Is there a way with one button to go back to HOME SCREEN? or is there a way to see what apps are running so i can multitask?
You can use the home button patch here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...xdandroid.html
Actually, that isn't a patch. It's a whole kernel, modules, and rootfs that have the new button mappings reverted. If you use that, you will always have to update manually.

Instead, you should use Spare Parts from the app drawer to assign home to the end key unless you really need the recently launched app menu from holding the top power button.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks a lot and sorry about that! Also, what do you think about those errors I keep getting?
You still can't boot...? Kernel panic doesn't sound good, like it wasn't able to mount your SD or something... have you done anything to the build or did you just download it, extract it to your SD and run haret...?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps