View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 08:15 AM
ndno
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

OK, I got an all-in-one FRX04 package with the 1253 kernel OCed at 710Mhz if anyone wants to try out. This is not "my work"; it's a mere attempt at putting the pieces together from XDAndroid so that you can download a single one-in-all package for easier installation; the .cab and .rar install mentioned in the 1st post has been kinda hit and miss lately (for example the cab doesn't work and the install may be outdated as there are the recent fixes/updates). This setup resides in the "andboot.frx04" folder and is setup based on that folder so don't rename it. Here's the link: andboot.frx04.02102011.7z

Here are the simple instructions for the package I uploaded:
  1. Download andboot.frx04.02102011.7z to temporary folder on your PC
  2. Extract it; it will contain the folder "andboot.frx04"
  3. Copy the "andboot.frx04" folder to your SD card
  4. In WinMo, navigate to the "andboot.frx04" folder and run haret.exe
  5. Be patient on the first boot and let it settle a few minutes when you see the slider or home screen.
  6. Open Spare Parts and change End button behavior to go to home
  7. Goto to Settings - Call setting and set up your voice mail number, make a test voicemail call
  8. Goto Settings - Sound. Test the volume settings, test phone ringtones and notification ringtone
  9. Goto Settings - Display-Brightness. Select Auto to save battery
  10. Goto Settings - Applications- Enable unknown sources
  11. Goto Settings - Setting account & sync and add your gmail account. Let the phone sync. Do not touch. Wait for green light
  12. Launch the Market and let it download updates to the existings Google apps and install them; don't not touch until are updates have been installed. NOTE: it will be very very sluggish during this initial update, just relax and let it finish before attempting to use it.
  13. You're now good to go. If you have stability issues, you can remove the overclock setting in STARTUP.TXT; just remove the string "acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800".

UPDATE: 2/10/2011 - Updated package with 2/10/2011 XDAndroid rootfs.img (system_server bug fix); updated with viruscrazy 2/7/2011 camera libs/kernel (optional switch).
UPDATE - camera setup not working yet - I need to figure this out and update the package.
UPDATE again - Finally got the latest camera library (2/7) to work but only with the older kernel (1/23) that viruscrazy released; can't get his new kernel (2/7) to work; the package has been updated with the working version.

UPDATE: I just added viruscrazy's 02/07/2011 latest test camera kernel/library to the all-in-one package. It's not active at all but if you want to try it (remember this is just a test kernel so it won't be as fast or stable as the 1253 kernel above), just follow these instructions:
  1. Do the setup above first to get everything stable and solid
  2. Boot back into WinMo and use Total Commander to go to the "andboot.frx04" folder and do the following:
    • Rename startup.txt to startup.1253.txt
    • Rename startup.camera.txt to startup.txt
    • Rename conf/froyo.user.conf to conf/froyo.user.conf.1253
    • Rename conf/froyo.user.conf.camera to conf/froyo.user.conf
  3. Run haret.exe under "andboot.frx04" folder and you now have camera capability (use the Vignette software)

@Tiad8, I borrowed a few APKs (Vignette, TitaniumBackup, Angry Birds) from one of your system.ext2. Hope you don't mind

This package is not as fast as the Froyo X distribution by Tiad8 but it's almost there and is pure FRX04 based. It's pretty stable and responsive.

NOTE: Again, the package is tailored for Sprint so adjust the STARTUP.TXT for your carrier.

Last edited by ndno; 02-13-2011 at 04:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.