PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@ arrr

Hey man. I was doing a lots of testing on frx04. I even when back to frx02, and frx03. And the only thing that change is the framework res. You know for the hdpi and fonts. Don't quote me on thins. But I try frx02 and the same thing happened that bug, then I try blaze build nothing no bug.

It could be a problem with hdpi, I know with hdpi the build looks like hd. When the phone boot into android it try to apply the framework res. Thats why when the phone go sleep and we wake the phone become very slow and laggy, because it trying to apply the fonts and background in hdpi.

I was trying to boot with out the hdpi but not luck, bootloop

Stin should check this out. But I could be wrong

Thanks

FROYO X/SPRINT TOUCH PRO 2/RHOD
Old 02-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
@ arrr

Hey man. I was doing a lots of testing on frx04. I even when back to frx02, and frx03. And the only thing that change is the framework res. You know for the hdpi and fonts. Don't quote me on thins. But I try frx02 and the same thing happened that bug, then I try blaze build nothing no bug.

It could be a problem with hdpi, I know with hdpi the build looks like hd. When the phone boot into android it try to apply the framework res. Thats why when the phone go sleep and we wake the phone become very slow and laggy, because it trying to apply the fonts and background in hdpi.

I was trying to boot with out the hdpi but not luck, bootloop

Stin should check this out. But I could be wrong

Thanks

FROYO X/SPRINT TOUCH PRO 2/RHOD
...Are you still working on the system_server bug? WisTilt2 has a workaround, and believes he has enough logs to resolve the root cause.

I'm going to update my testing thread hopefully sometime today, he's going to shoot me an email when he is able to get a new kernel up. Then we can test - he's already sorted out how to identify a system_server condition, and he'll just force it to start again basically if it is detected that the condition exists. So the short term fix should be out today, and not sure how long it'll take him to fix the root cause... hopefully not long.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
...Are you still working on the system_server bug? WisTilt2 has a workaround, and believes he has enough logs to resolve the root cause.

I'm going to update my testing thread hopefully sometime today, he's going to shoot me an email when he is able to get a new kernel up. Then we can test - he's already sorted out how to identify a system_server condition, and he'll just force it to start again basically if it is detected that the condition exists. So the short term fix should be out today, and not sure how long it'll take him to fix the root cause... hopefully not long.
ok, thanks.

so going to stop working on frx04 server bug issue. i leave everything in his hands

thanks
Old 02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
bikr

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
You should read the thread entitled:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ds-1-31-a.html
I went though the list but didn't see anything about freezes after periods of inactivity. I just updated to 2011_01_23 using the XDAndroid Startup Utility and when I leave my TP2 on Android for a while, it will just stop responding. The backlight is on with a blank screen and the LED is lit (green, I think) but none of the buttons wake it up. I have to hit the reset button or take battery out to restart WinMo.

Anyone seeing this?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

try touching the screen in the area of the unlock slide. this is a SOD issue that is currently being worked on
Old 02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
try touching the screen in the area of the unlock slide. this is a SOD issue that is currently being worked on
Actually if it is truly a SoD touching the screen won't help, the phone has completely frozen, no touching, button pressing, connecting to a computer, calling it, texting it, or anything of the sort will wake it up. The issue you are describing is a panel wake issue and is all but resolved in the most recent WisTilt2 test kernel.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

thats what i get for posting and driving at the same time lol... youre right, i was thinking ToD but meh oh well lol
Old 02-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

I've noticed that when I first start with a clean data.img, when I hold down power and choose power off from the menu that pops up, the phone is cooperative and powers off.

However, when using a data.img that I've installed things on and been using a while, invariably after a while power off mutates into reboot, and the phone will immediately turn on and reboot into Windows after powering off.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomena and ever tracked down what the cause of the change is?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I've noticed that when I first start with a clean data.img, when I hold down power and choose power off from the menu that pops up, the phone is cooperative and powers off.

However, when using a data.img that I've installed things on and been using a while, invariably after a while power off mutates into reboot, and the phone will immediately turn on and reboot into Windows after powering off.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomena and ever tracked down what the cause of the change is?
Probably related to our data.img's getting mucked up in general... Hopefully when we're full NAND it'll be moot, we'll just have to wait and see...
Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Movilnet

Guerralenta is just getting started

Hello guys, its my first time trying to install android froyo 2.2.1 in my TP2 cdma/gsm Rhod500, and im having some problems that i really need your help to test this os.
1. the orange led on top is always on, dont know how to turn it off.
2. when it boot on is alwais on landscape mode.
3. no camera, and dont know how to set it up.
4. ok here is my last and most annoying one... when it starts i use a GSM sim card in my phone, my carrier is digitel (im from venezuela) it always start in CDMA and theres nothing in cdma, when try to search for my Digitel carrier, it just keeps searching and nothing else happens... so have android but cant do anything with it...
Forgive my english, i speak spanish.. so thanks for the help if someone can answer those questions... thx guys..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps