PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM Project Android Port and Startup Utility [03/31/10] NOW SUPPORTS CDMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Looks like I am missing something here. I used the CAB and followed these instructions:

Instructions for .cab:
If you are having trouble booting after installing this over an old version of android, make sure that you delete data.img file from your SD card!
  1. Copy to SD card
  2. Install: This .cab has to be installed directly to your SD card or it will not work!
  3. Soft Reset your handset
  4. Run Haret from start menu and enjoy!
So, what "startup utility" are you talking about? I just followed these instructions and ran haret after a soft reset. I never saw a screen asking me to select CDMA or GSM. The first screen that loads is the screen calibration. Thanks for the help, btw...
He might have the instructions mixed up for you. His utility that he worked up for you guys is under a different name. Unless he renamed it. Use File Explorer and look for another executable like "MJGDroidUtil" for instance, not sure if he kept that name or not.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [CAB] GSM Project Android Port and Startup Utility [03/31/10] NOW SUPPORTS CDMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
He might have the instructions mixed up for you. His utility that he worked up for you guys is under a different name. Unless he renamed it. Use File Explorer and look for another executable like "MJGDroidUtil" for instance, not sure if he kept that name or not.
Yeah, I just caught that when I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. It is called "MJGDroidUtil" and it does let me select keyboard for my TP2 (Sprint) and Force CDMA. Thanks very much for the help.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jason559 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to jason559 Send a message via MSN to jason559

Any solutions to resolve "unable to start wifi" issue?
Old 04-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Yeah, I just caught that when I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. It is called "MJGDroidUtil" and it does let me select keyboard for my TP2 (Sprint) and Force CDMA. Thanks very much for the help.
The cab installs a shortcut. Works fine for me.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post

You are correct my friend, very old .cab instructions, apparently need to be updated.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Wiredengineer

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
You are correct my friend, very old .cab instructions, apparently need to be updated.
Reefer....can you tell me a little more about the update app. Its seems there is always an update when I run it. Is it pulling down the latest from the glemsome autobuild site or a site you run and update yourself? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Reefer....can you tell me a little more about the update app. Its seems there is always an update when I run it. Is it pulling down the latest from the glemsome autobuild site or a site you run and update yourself? Thanks.

It will always download the most recent zimage/roofts/initrd respectively. Right now there is no auto-detect to see if the last file you downloaded is outdated. For now, we have no plans to do it otherwise, but thats because we have not even finished the stuff we want in there originally. lol. Its basically when you know there is a new update you need to download. Saves the trouble of all the middle steps like browsing to the web page/download/file explore/unzip/rename/copy/paste.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Wiredengineer

Quote:
It will always download the most recent zimage/roofts/initrd respectively. Right now there is no auto-detect to see if the last file you downloaded is outdated. For now, we have no plans to do it otherwise, but thats because we have not even finished the stuff we want in there originally. lol. Its basically when you know there is a new update you need to download. Saves the trouble of all the middle steps like browsing to the web page/download/file explore/unzip/rename/copy/paste.
Thats perfect. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Quick question, is power management working? From the description in the OP I am assuming it does but I wanted to double check. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Awesome! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Quick question, is power management working? From the description in the OP I am assuming it does but I wanted to double check. Thanks!
Ive personally gotten about 20 hours standby with minimal use and push mail on, and they are working on the battery meter. Make sure you turn your GPS off, and close any apps using task killer for the most battery use possible. Thats actually why the LED stays on, so you can monitor sleep. If its green, your handset is sleeping, and if its amber, its not.

Last edited by Reefermattness; 04-05-2010 at 01:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps